KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman, Silver Surfer vs the Hammer bros.

Superman, Silver Surfer vs the Hammer bros.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Superman, Silver Surfer vs the Hammer bros.

Pre-reboot Superman, surfer vs Classic Thor and Beta Ray Bill.

BFR AND CIS off, who wins?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 10:41 PM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Team 2, actual synergy give them the win

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 11:58 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Bump.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 02:18 AM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Superman vs Bill.
Surfer vs Thor.

Superman beats Bill faster than Thor would beat Surfer, then he'd help, team 1 wins.

Superman vs Thor.
Surfer vs Bill.

Either one on team 1 beats the other on team 2.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 08:47 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Team 1 wins

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 09:00 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Team 1.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 09:19 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As much as I feel like Bill is a notch below the other three, I'm still concerned about how Surfer might do against either of them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 09:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabro

Team 2 wins

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 09:32 AM
Sabro is currently offline Click here to Send Sabro a Private Message Find more posts by Sabro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Team 1.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:26 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
As much as I feel like Bill is a notch below the other three, I'm still concerned about how Surfer might do against either of them.

Surfer needs to just sit back and charge Superman with yellow solar radiation. As he's inventing new powers, he'll smack team 2 around and defend Surfer simultaneously.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:29 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman can't invent new powers. Not this Superman anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman can't invent new powers. Not this Superman anyway.

If Superman can't invent Superpowers, than why was he developing super powers all throughout his life as he spent time under the yellow sun. How did he grow more invulnerable? More powerful? In All-Star, getting way too close to the sun forced him to start creating a multitude of powers on top of greatly augmenting the ones he had. He became invulnerable to Kryptonite, etc. And let's not forget the New 52 H'el stunt, where H'el possesses psionic abilities as well as Superman's set. It seems that Kryptonians develop super powers from random mutations from yellow sunlight radiation, yet some are genetically intelligent enough to influence the mutations. Helspont uses the word, "Racial memory".

But what are claims and a non-canon arc next to feats?

--------------------

Regeneration -

(please log in to view the image)

Super hypnotism -

Xray heat vision lobotomy -

Invisibility -

Agelessness -

Energy absorption -

Intangibility -

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Apr 21st, 2013 at 06:44 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:42 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Intangibility and Invisibility are both extensions of his speed, unlike, say, Martian Manhunter, who just shifts his molecules in a different way.

All-Star is non-canon, so doesn't count.

Superman has always had energy absorption; it's how his powers work.

His agelessness is more a long life, and that's not so much a power, really.

The lobotomy is a focused beam of heat vision, so not a new power.

Super-hypnotism is an extension of T-Rao or T-Vo, a Kryptonian mental discipline that has pretty much been forgotten about at this point.

Dark Knight Returns isn't canon, but anyway, Superman has had advanced healing for years now. It's not really a new power, and is connected to his long life.

And we can't assume that just because H'el was different, that Superman will be too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 07:07 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Intangibility and Invisibility are both extensions of his speed, unlike, say, Martian Manhunter, who just shifts his molecules in a different way.

All-Star is non-canon, so doesn't count.

Superman has always had energy absorption; it's how his powers work.

His agelessness is more a long life, and that's not so much a power, really.

The lobotomy is a focused beam of heat vision, so not a new power.

Super-hypnotism is an extension of T-Rao or T-Vo, a Kryptonian mental discipline that has pretty much been forgotten about at this point.

Dark Knight Returns isn't canon, but anyway, Superman has had advanced healing for years now. It's not really a new power, and is connected to his long life.

And we can't assume that just because H'el was different, that Superman will be too.
Yet, even in the main arc, he invented new super powers chronologically. Him sticking with the conventional ole' set, I believe, is the result of a lack of creativity, or a lack of further forced mutation of his powers. Golden Superman Prime 1 Mill is canon, and is the epitome of that process. I also believe he's a cube being, if he doesn't start out with infinite energy to expel, he can absorb it from the universe.

Anyway I still believe that he can invent powers like x-ray vision, except completely different, see pyrokinesis or electrokinesis, out of nowhere. His ice breath is sort of cryokinesis. I believe he can even reverse his aging, with regeneration, tied to energy absorption. And augment Kryptonian telepathy in the martial aspect, to new heights, to use them against cosmic beings. Xray heat vision is using x-ray vision, micro vision, and heat vision simultaneously. Just like his IMP is using speed and strength simultaneously. Heat vision is literally energy projection, he's capable of any kind of energy projection imo. Telekinesis and flight are within his grasp as well I believe, I believe this extends even to matter manipulation, even on an elementary level of hard physics. In the films his infinite speed allows for time travel, and picking certain probabilities and alternate realities to go to, to literally rewrite history.

With SS giving him increased yellow sunlight exposure, he could do anything...Superman is the first omnipotent mainstream super hero, as much or more so as/than Doctor Manhattan or Captain Atom.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Apr 21st, 2013 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 07:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's not canon to post reboot Superman, though.

I don't agree that he can do it, but either way, we go by what he has done, rather than what he maybe can do if things go his way in the future. It's how we make sure characters remain as actual characters, and not fluid powersets.

He's not omnipotent. Not nearly. It's nice to think so highly of him, but it won't fly in debates.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 07:45 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's not omnipotent.

I didn't really say he was omnipotent. Molecule man and Doctor Manhattan could be considered omnipotent as in causality manipulation. That's all I was talking about. Beyond that Superman can acquire infinite energy and essentially become a being on par with Galactus by shredding his ethereal form like Superman Prime 1 Mill.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 07:52 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Dolos
Regeneration -

Superman has regeneration, but that's from his non canon fight with Batman no?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 08:01 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Damborgson
Superman has regeneration, but that's from his non canon fight with Batman no?

I'm not sure if there's any example of regen outside of that incident.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 08:06 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Well "healing factor" would be a better word then.

That instance isn't usable though.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 08:10 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Dolos
I didn't really say he was omnipotent. Molecule man and Doctor Manhattan could be considered omnipotent as in causality manipulation. That's all I was talking about. Beyond that Superman can acquire infinite energy and essentially become a being on par with Galactus by shredding his ethereal form like Superman Prime 1 Mill.

I'm not sure he can, tbh.

====

And yes, Superman has shown a healing factor on multiple occasions.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 08:12 PM