KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Starfire vs Venom!

Starfire vs Venom!
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Starfire vs Venom!

(please log in to view the image)

VS

Starfire vs Venom

Fight takes place in NYC.

Pre Nu52/Flashpoint version of Starfire/ Eddie Brock version of Venom

WHO WNS!?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 01:09 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Good fight. Split imo.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Good fight. Split imo.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 03:54 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

O_o. ?????

Either Venom has had a massive upgrade or Nu52 Starfire got a massive downgrade.

Kory is a Class 100 that isnt far behind Donna Troy and a bloody well trained combatant who pre 52 had bested all tue amazons on paradise island.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 04:18 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by beatboks
O_o. ?????

Either Venom has had a massive upgrade or Nu52 Starfire got a massive downgrade.

Kory is a Class 100 that isnt far behind Donna Troy and a bloody well trained combatant who pre 52 had bested all tue amazons on paradise island.

There are times when strength isn't the deciding factor. This may be one of those times. I'd personally give the win to Starfire most of the time, but if she gets caught slipping by Venom, he'll make her pay. The alien has abilities that could severely harm Kory, like if he decided to envelop her head with it, and shove tendrils up her nose.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 05:29 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I know Kory is Strong but is she really in the CL 100 range?
Is that a constant for her or a recent revamp?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 08:13 PM
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I know Kory is Strong but is she really in the CL 100 range?
Is that a constant for her or a recent revamp?

She's on the lower end of CL 100 where I would of put Carol at the time period Carol did this.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/pho...923-388-418.jpg

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 08:21 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
She's on the lower end of CL 100 where I would of put Carol at the time period Carol did this.

that wasn't Brock though, that was gargan, and everybody knows that he was a massive jobber as venom.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 09:14 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Doesn't Starfire's blasts give off intense heat??

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 09:41 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by deathslash
that wasn't Brock though, that was gargan, and everybody knows that he was a massive jobber as venom.

Physically not seeing how Venom does any better though unless I'm missing something in regards to his physicals?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 12:20 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doesn't Starfire's blasts give off intense heat??

By name I'd assume so "star"bolts

Honestly no Starfire expert though.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 12:22 AM
Flyattractor

"star"bolts

"Star" bolts.... Sounds like a nickname Lobo would have given her.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 01:08 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Not a bad comparison. On pure strength I'd give Carol the nod. But yeah, I did a double take at this thread as well. Kori should wreck shop in this fight unless we're super generous to Venom and lowball her. I don't know **** about Nu52, but the OP stipulates that it's Pre-52.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 01:48 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Digi
Not a bad comparison. On pure strength I'd give Carol the nod. But yeah, I did a double take at this thread as well. Kori should wreck shop in this fight unless we're super generous to Venom and lowball her. I don't know **** about Nu52, but the OP stipulates that it's Pre-52.

To be honest I knew She was Supe Strong but I didn't know she was Low Tier Superman Level. I was thinking more classic Miss Marvel or Grey Hulk/Thing. Not Supes.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 01:56 AM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Physically not seeing how Venom does any better though unless I'm missing something in regards to his physicals?
He has a few pretty good showings and is at least twice as strong as Spidey. Not saying he wins, just pointing out that using the (hilariously low end) showings of gargan is like using the showings of Johnny Blaze for Daniel Ketch.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 02:21 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Flyattractor
To be honest I knew She was Supe Strong but I didn't know she was Low Tier Superman Level. I was thinking more classic Miss Marvel or Grey Hulk/Thing. Not Supes.

She isn't nearly that strong. You got it right. She's classic Rogue, Ms. Marvel (Carol), Namora, etc. This is still stronger than Venom by a decent margin.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 02:30 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Venom gets the Ms. Marvel treatment

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 02:32 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
She isn't nearly that strong. You got it right. She's classic Rogue, Ms. Marvel (Carol), Namora, etc. This is still stronger than Venom by a decent margin.

I recall her one shotting kryptonians.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 02:38 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

DC reboots and just general comic continuity is so all over the place I can't keep up.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 02:48 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I recall her one shotting kryptonians.

Were these Phantom Zone Kryptonians? I thought that the ones that haven't been soaking up solar radiation for a while tend to be far weaker than Superman. I'm not saying that she isn't very strong, but she isn't top tier strong unless I missed something?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 05:55 AM