KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Predators

Predators
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Aliens vs Predator 3 could be coming

http://screenrant.com/archives/oh-g...-3-is-1459.html

quote:
According to horror news website ShockTilYouDrop Aliens vs Predator 3 is going to be made. Here's a quote from the site:

"An anonymous source over at 20th Century Fox got in touch with us over the weekend to relay the news another Aliens vs. Predator sequel is a 'certainty' at this point. If you recall, the brothers Strause - who helmed the Christmas release Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - stated Fox was going to take a 'wait-and-see' approach to a third chapter, furthermore, that the story would have to continue in space."
Just shoot me right now. Please.

Haven't they tortured us enough?

Between the weak Alien vs Predator and the heinous creation that was Aliens vs Predator: Requiem I had truly hoped this franchise was dead. Ah, but where there's even a meager amount of money to be made, a movie franchise will never die (can you say "Freddy" or "Jason"?).

It only made $129 million worldwide, and overseas crowds must have liked it more than folks in the U.S. because here it only earned $42 million. In case you don't know, for a movie like this that is WEAK. They must have made it on the cheap for it to have shown a profit. First time directors and no name actors probably contributed to that.

I guess the DVD release of the movie is right around the corner and they're anticipating good sales on that. No doubt they'll have an "unrated" version... When is it coming out? Who cares!

I don't think there is a snowball's chance in Hell that this movie could possibly be good at all, but I'm sure they'll come up with some spin or director that will once again fan the flames of hope in fans of both franchises. Like a girl you have a crush on that keeps saying she'll go out with you and then cancels at the last minute, I'm sure that the next film will leave us beaten and disappointed. Again.

Hey, maybe they can get Brett Ratner to direct it, wouldn't that be cool?!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 12:42 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

First off they should get Adam Baldwin back to reprise his role of Garber and he could be with the now weyland yutani corp. Maybe bring in Jake Busey to play peter keys son? still have it on earth but on a remote tropical island where they have the preds pod from AVP-R and the frozen but now thawed alien queen from AVP. with her now producing eggs. there is the usual catasrophy to allow the aliens to run a muck and a predator ship that looks like the derilic craft in alien and aliens with a spacejockey on board are transporting eggs to other hunting grounds, they scan earth for the heat and conflict they crave and see the aliens are running a muck on the island they cloak and land but the scientist notice the atmospheric disterbance and go to the ship and place a homing device on it. (need some filler here) in the end the ship crashes on LV-426 and the last thing you see is the alien queen moving to the back of the ship and the camera pans back to reveil all the eggs and since there is a homing device on it this is how weyland yutani knows where the ship is and to bring back the life form.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 04:25 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

$129M is a good gross, especially considering the budget. I have no idea where the guy got that impression from.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 06:28 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

AvP in space sounds like a good thing, I hope we just get some good 'ol aliens and predators ripping each other to pieces and no damn humans

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 09:36 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I'd watch AvP-3.

Sure, why not. I'll catch the Sat. morn matinee, with some popcorn and soda and relax and watch it.

Besides. i wanna see what those corporate suits are gonna do about/with the last Predator's slavaged plasma shoulder canon. And maybe/hopefully we'll get to see more of the Predator home planet, too.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 10:05 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Pretty simple...they will use the plasma gun and get ass raped by the predators in the end

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 11:11 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I like the AVP movies. Having this one in space makes a lot of sense. I'mm sure they'll find a way to bring everything together.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 10:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

They'd need to do something about the plasma gun

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 10:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
They'd need to do something about the plasma gun

The gun may be in AVP 3 or maybe another Pred will have another plasma gun. I would love to see another Predalien in part 3.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 10:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Would be cool, maybe there will be another, or more than just one

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 10:50 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I hope so.. I'd love to see a Pred with two plasma cannons and two wristblades.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 10:54 PM
steverules
The doctor

In the game of the new film, you get to use two plasma guns, not sure about the wrist blades though...there may have been two

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 11:02 PM
coolmovies

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:38 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crystallake
Slasher

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'd watch AvP-3.

Sure, why not. I'll catch the Sat. morn matinee, with some popcorn and soda and relax and watch it.

Besides. i wanna see what those corporate suits are gonna do about/with the last Predator's slavaged plasma shoulder canon. And maybe/hopefully we'll get to see more of the Predator home planet, too.

Agreed - I'm curious to see where they go with the plasma cannon myself. And as for the Predator home planet thing, it would be awesome if it played a larger part in AVP-3. Supposedly there's a documentary about the behind-the-scenes work on the Predator home planet on the 2-disc version of the AvP-R DVD; if there was already a lot of work done, it might be able to be carried over to "jumpstart" similiar work on AvP-3, I would think.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 06:28 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

The fact that they have the gun kinda reminds me of the Predator: Concrete jungle game

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 09:47 PM
steverules
The doctor

Predator 3 rumor

quote:
It has been rumored for years that there will be a Predator 3. John McTiernan, the director of Predator, was rumored to be in talks with 20th Century Fox in 2005 but little announcements have been made since. Prior to Arnold Schwarzenegger becoming the Governor of California, he was the most popular choice to return to the Predator series to reprise his role as Dutch. The next person in the cast spotlight was World Wrestling Federation wrestler The Rock who would have been cast in the role of Dutch. In September 2003, The Rock denied his any involvement in Predator 3, although by that December, he claimed he was "unsure" about his involvement in the film. In 2005, another wrestler, John Cena, was also rumored to be involved in an installment of Predator, this one allegedly a remake of the original.

For years, rumors claiming it a sequel, prequel, remake and even a reboot of the franchise have surfaced. What is known for certain of a Predator 3 is that three scripts of the film have been written. One script written by Sam Park is entitled Predator 3: The Deadlier of the Species and features Arnold Schwarzenegger's character, Dutch, in New York City during a blizzard. A yautja comes to the city and tracks down Dutch in the city and attempts to kill him. Another script, written by Robert Rodriguez, is entitled Predators and is set on a 17th century ship where a yautja stalks the crewmen who's greatest means of fighting lie in their inferior weaponry. Rodriguez spoke about the Predators script during an interview at the beginning of 2004, revealing it having been written in 1997 following the success of his 1995 film Desperado. 20th Century Fox allegedly rejected the script because the budget would have been too high, Rodriguez stating it would have been roughly around $150,000,000. A third and as yet final script is entitled The Zoo, which reprises both Dutch and Harrigan from Predator and Predator 2 respectively, captured and brought to the yautja's homeworld, as they are the only humans capable of besting yautja hunters. There they are forced to fight in a gladiator-styled arena. While only a rumor unlike the former three storylines, a possible forth script was written which pits American marines on the yautja homeworld in an effort to stop a yautja invasion of Earth. This plot would seem non-canonical of yautja however, as their cultural expressions of honor and sportsmanship and demonstrations of unwillingness to stalk weak or unarmed opponents should reflect no desire in them to invade another species' planet. This fourth storyline is only a rumor as unlike the former three, no physical script or its writer have been formally credited to.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predat...Rumored_sequels

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 09:59 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I 've heard this. I've also heard that wrestler John Cena may be taking over the role of Dutch.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 10:09 PM
steverules
The doctor

I'd love to see Harrigan and Dutch togtether taking on Yautja's, Cena as Dutch could be a good idea

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 10:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think Pred 3 could work. I good script and lots of action will definitely help.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 10:30 PM
exanda kane

Awful.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 10:36 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote