KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How can a non force user duel with a force user?

How can a non force user duel with a force user?
Started by: Happy_Sith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Vader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Here's another: Don't quote Atton Rand if you can avoid it at all.

eek!

You can't avoid proton bomb big grin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Ultimate Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Vader

Originally posted by JayJohn85
Atton was real sly and dirty.....One of his methods was basically putting pressure on the inexperienced padawan therefore creating a situation where the master in his desire to render aid asap may make a mistake.

He said he's an assassin, IMO he's more killer than assassin.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Ultimate Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayJohn85

nope both are by definition killers though I would attribute the latter to amateurs whereas an assassin is a job and therefore they are either trained to do it professionally or they do it over a long time gaining experience in efficiency and not getting caught and they do it for material gain whereas a killer can just be some mad dog moron who does it for either physiological reasons or by accident.

In the case of atton he was trained by the sith had proficiency with many weapons and also knew the enchanti martial arts all tiers of it which isnt something everyone in the SW universe casually knows in fact mandalorians respected it, it was probably on a par with there unarmed martial training.

"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the knife,"Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth. "Let’s put a smile on that face!" And... Why so serious?"

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 09:34 PM
Click here to Send JayJohn85 a Private Message Find more posts by JayJohn85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baneswrath
Banes Wrath

The only reason Mandos like Fett can kill jedi is because of their bad ass weapons, equipment(360. hud display in their helmet), and baskar armor that a lightsaber can not pierce. At least not the first time. Without that stuff they would have no hope at all.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 05:05 AM
Click here to Send baneswrath a Private Message Find more posts by baneswrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baneswrath
Banes Wrath

There are also weapons that lightsabers can not defend against like them paddle beamers the pweck use in force heretic II refugee but I am still going with the jedi. A normal dude can't take a jedi by himself there has to be a lot of them.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 05:17 AM
Click here to Send baneswrath a Private Message Find more posts by baneswrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do you explain jango fett going berserk and killing many jedi with his bare hands then?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 09:21 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Steriods. ALOT of Steriods.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 12:28 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Originally posted by Enyalus
...Bane would throw a moon on him. confused

srsly whats with the Bane throws moons at people in every topic? i've seen it like at least 5 times already.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 02:12 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
He said he's an assassin, IMO he's more killer than assassin.

I thought assasins kill people..

sry for the double post again

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 02:13 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

There's a killer who simply kills people, regardless of method or reason. And then there's an assassin, who eliminates specific targets in a planned and methodical procedure.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 06:08 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
How do you explain jango fett going berserk and killing many jedi with his bare hands then?

That's just a lot of bs. Aside from the expert combat skills a life time of Jedi training provides, the force provides super human speed, strength, stamina and increased threshold of pain.

Otherwise the average Jedi would just have to use blasters, there's a reason why the Masters are confident in giving them lightsabers, it means they have achieved enough harmony with the force that they can use a lightsaber effectively against any threat.

But there are a few legitimate ways a non force sensitive human can take a Jedi (there are some alien species capable of handling Jedi in hand to hand just not regular humans like Jango/Boba).

One method is overwhelming the Jedi with high powered weaponry from a relatively safe distance, any victory for Jango/Boba using bare hands is just bs. Some writers don't know what they are talking about, and that scan with the Mando headbutting the Jedi is so wrong on many levels.

In ROTS we saw a youngling dispatch a good number of clones by himself that right there is a measure of the skill and the physical prowess the force and Jedi training provide.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 08:21 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol don't know what you are talking about, Jango/boba are humans.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 03:56 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
there are some alien species capable of handling Jedi in hand to hand just not regular humans like Jango/Boba

Yet again, you are completely off base. No one said anything about them not being human- that was your imagination. You use it too much- give it a break now and then.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

There really is no reason why a non-force user can ever beat a force user.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't think the Jedi are invincible; it is possible for a Jedi to lose a battle to a talented individual who is not Force-sensitive. Otherwise such situations would never occur. Jedi are still beings, they get tired, they make errors.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:24 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anytime a force-user loses to a non-force user it's either PIS or the force user got surprised.

Dooku threw Obi-Wan against a wall hard enough to knock him out. Why cant Jedi and Sith do that to all non-force users? If a Jedi or Sith is attacked en masse I can understand, but they should never lose a one-on-one scenario.

And a Jedi not snapping a non-FU's neck with the force counts as PIS.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Anytime a force-user loses to a non-force user it's either PIS or the force user got surprised.

Dooku threw Obi-Wan against a wall hard enough to knock him out. Why cant Jedi and Sith do that to all non-force users? If a Jedi or Sith is attacked en masse I can understand, but they should never lose a one-on-one scenario.

I don't think Dooku would survive against numerous blaster-wielding opponents by picking them up as slowly as he did with Obi-Wan. With blaster bolts coming at him from every direction, he's gonna be hit by one of them if he's taking his time with TK.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:37 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Failure to comminucate? I didn't say they weren't. They don't have the Super human reflexes or precognition to take Jedi in hand to hand. Not unless they surprised the Jedi in that situation and got the drop on them, otherwise mano-a-mano in a h2h situation they best be running.

A writer giving Mandos wins over Jedi in hand to hand situations without legitimate scenarios doesn't know anything about what the force is capable of.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:14 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Yet again, you are completely off base. No one said anything about them not being human- that was your imagination. You use it too much- give it a break now and then.

no
This is irrelevant to the point I was making. I never talked about regular humans in relation to what anyone said.

I just pointed out that there are some non-force sensitive alien (like the Gen'Dai) who can take force sensitives in hand to hand scenarios.

Non-force sensitive humans don't have the necessary speed to do this not to mention the passive limited precognition all Jedi possess thanks to the force.

So Jango taking out Jedi with his hands is plain bs, he doesn't have the pure physical prowess necessary to accomplish this, and writers who suggest that he does, don't know what they are talking about.

Jango and Boba have no physical augmentations to put them on the same physical level as a fully fledged Jedi.

All this without mentioning that a Jedi Knight can - on top of the physical superiority - manipulate Boba/Jango and the environment with the force to their advantage.

Last edited by Allankles on Nov 12th, 2008 at 08:29 AM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:26 AM
rabidd909
The Revanchist

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown

jedi dont go around snapping peoples necks, its not their way. if they were a bit more ruthless, the number of jedi killed by non force users would be little to none. so if they started acting like that, that would be PIS.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:42 AM
Click here to Send rabidd909 a Private Message Find more posts by rabidd909 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote