KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo Reach

Halo Reach
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
To each his own I guess smile

Although I don't necessarily consider camping and sniping to be more skilled than dual wielding, but again, to each his own. They are allowing it again in the original Halo remake right? If not, I'll probably pass.

I don't really camp. I move around the map trusting the DMR will see me through any inconvenience I find on my way. However if I do have a sniper I might camp, but I eventually end up moving to avoid getting cornered. You gotta camp a bit with the sniper though. You don't want to be reckless with it and end up dead. Even worse is getting killed with lots of ammo because then the opposing team will get the sniper and use it against you.

Doubt the remake will have dual wielding because Halo 1 didn't have it.

Only dual wield weapons I liked were the dual magnums pre-patch in Halo 2. Those babes could kill anything in .5 seconds.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 10th, 2011 at 09:45 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2011 09:41 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I'd use smg and needler or thst alien weapon you had to charge. i used to do pretty well with that. I'm not saying that all snipers are campers but I remember several matches in Reach where that was all that was going on. If it comes to that, I would just rather play CoD or something like that where there is a better variety of weapons.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 12:34 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

lol. All right then. If I may ask what is your gt?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 06:04 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

socool8520. My stats are not good on halo reach though. I didn't play it much due to the reasons stated above. I do play CoD quite a bit though.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 09:14 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Same as your username...neat.

I was just curious.

Also CoD doesn't take skill at all IMO. It is fun for what it is, although they should revamp the series after Modern Warfare 3.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 10:14 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Imo halo takes more skill then COD.

That said I feel they should have kept the weapon diversity of halo 3/2 with reaches engine

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 10:29 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

My thoughts on Team matchmaking in Halo Reach:

http://youtu.be/HIQp2Bhi9Q0?t=13m47s

Removing betrayals from Firefight is understandable but why not also take them out of Team Slayer and Big Team Battle? Why was the option to kill teammates ever created? Was it to give that sense of freedom or something for players? If that's the case then some of the staff members at Bungie are idiots. I must be one unlucky son of a broad to be encountering more than two or three trolls in each and every team-based match today. All of them firing/meleeing people while teabagging the ground, jumping on top of their heads, hopping around, or making harsh comments while hoping their teammates kill them so they can boot 'em and laugh about it makes me sick to my stomach. Thank you Bungie for creating a generation of morons while showing us you can stop the madness but won't do it. Here's to hoping that 343 Industries does things you were too lazy to do.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 13th, 2011 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2011 01:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I wouldn't call them idiots. Just naive. They had faith in the 12 years old who just betray and are lamers. Team Killing gives a sense of priority/urgency/carefulness when playing because you have to make sure you don't hurt/kill your teammates. When playing without assholes it makes the game better. Alas assholes ruin everything for everyone.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2011 02:23 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I wouldn't call them idiots. Just naive.

Maybe.

quote:
Team Killing gives a sense of priority/urgency/carefulness when playing because you have to make sure you don't hurt/kill your teammates.

If only the imbeciles who shoot and teabag their teammate's corpse on a daily basis had that same sense of priority/urgency/carefulness but alas, they don't. I understand what Bungie tried to do but they failed miserably at it for they've created something that was once only a wet dream to trolls everywhere.

quote:
When playing without assholes it makes the game better. Alas assholes ruin everything for everyone.

Of course playing a match when there aren't any @$$holes is better but I find that to be very rare to find these days.

@$$holes can't ruin a game that doesn't give you the option to team kill like Gears of War for example. They can fire at you all they want. The bullets will either phase through you or hit you but won't take any health off. All they can do is say things to annoy you and thank god for mute.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2011 03:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah...but assholes will still find a way to troll our asses in any game.

Case in point trolls in CoD that block doorways on purpose and since you cannot kill them you're pretty much boned, lol.

We should just find a team to get rid of those morons. I tend to encounter assholes in Big Team Battle the most.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2011 03:28 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
@$$holes can't ruin a game that doesn't give you the option to team kill like Gears of War for example.

Strongly disagree. Just because they can't team kill you there doesn't mean they can't ruin the feel of the game,

Originally posted by Nemesis X
They can fire at you all they want.

... especially if this here is all they're doing the whole time and don't get punished for it. While Reach's system isn't perfect, I'd rather be team killed by an ******* and then be able to kick them than having to keep putting up with them like in Gears, and I never played firefight with randoms enough to care about the removal of betrayals there. Score attack ftw.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2011 05:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The update is apparently arriving on the 21st of this month.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 02:36 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

50K credits to level up to Mythic. It feels like forever, but I gotta say it went a bit faster thanks to this week's challenge.

I am disappointed in 343. Turns out they didn't remove bloom. They just lowered 15% of it. That is just retarded and it is even worse because what we're looking for is to punish players that spam the DMR

Can't believe I got excited for nothing.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 02:46 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

50K credits to level up to Mythic. It feels like forever, but I gotta say it went a bit faster thanks to this week's challenge.

I am disappointed in 343. Turns out they didn't remove bloom. They just lowered 15% of it. That is just retarded and it is even worse because what we're looking for is to punish players that spam the DMR

link?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 02:52 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 05:49 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

So now I have been told the 85% bloom is an option for the beta playlists. Apparentely the September update is just a beta and the update will go on matchmaking in October 3rd. Looks like they will have the new stuff available in fileshare for us to try them out and see for ourselves. There IS a Team Slayer NO BLOOM file....so they say.

I must investigate...
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 06:20 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm one more credit away from earning the rank of Hero but for some stupid reason, I'm being told I reached my credit limit. WTH?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 07:49 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

hahaha you reached the cap.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 04:27 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Played Reach again this morning and I've finally reached the rank of Hero. About time.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 06:28 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Congrats bro. BTW how have you been playing all day long? Didn't have school this week?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 06:32 PM