KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Trials: Sidious and Dooku

Trials: Sidious and Dooku
Started by: Escape81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm, I mostly agree with what Faunus just said.

I believe Palpatine to be the stronger Sith because, well, do you think someone as high calibre as Dooku would submit to someone less powerful than he?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:09 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Hmm, I mostly agree with what Faunus just said.

I believe Palpatine to be the stronger Sith because, well, do you think someone as high calibre as Dooku would submit to someone less powerful than he?

Why not? He knew of Sidious' plans, and maybe didn't have the brains to pull it off. So he could have waited until a selective moment when his Organization reached a skyhigh climax, and then just kill Sidious.

Sidious sat.... For over twenty years as a Chancellor when he was in fact organizing a plan.... Dooku was doing the same.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I knew Dooku wished to take over, but the idea is that he is LEARNING from Palpatine, as well as partaking in his plans.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:21 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think Palpatine would teach him to try to overthrow his Master, and if he did, I am sure Dooku had the intention in the first place.

Sure, Dooku was learning from Sidious but I am sure Sidious learned some things from Dooku. Dooku is quite the wise man, and he has considerable experience.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
In all honesty, I have to side with Escape in this one. I don't think he's being particularly judgemental or biased in either character's favor, and his assessment of their abilities seem accurate enough.

The truth is, I myself have recently ecome somewhat irked with the level of disregard giving to certain characters. Sidious is possibly the most disrespected major character on the board. I was alright with it until somewhat said that Anakin and Obi-Wan could out-duel Palpatine. Erm, no.

Now, no one jump at me for my opinion, but whatever. Personally, I believe the Emperor to possess a greater knowledge and mastery of the Dark Side, and is also better suited to its use. Am I saying Dooku sucks? No. When he back-kicked Anakin into the air and Gripped Obi-Wan simultaneously, I was impressed. That takes concentration and skill. However, Sorgo himself said it; Dooku lives, works, and fights by a code of honor. He is governed by his ideals and morals, and would never even toe some of the lines that Sidious is willing to cross. He is not as evil, as malicious, as Sidious is, and so can never use the more advanced, the more wicked tricks of the Dark Side as well as Palpatine can. Don't get me wrong, he is formidable in terms of Force ability. And he is far from being totally outclassed here. But I think Sidious has the advantage in this department.

Dueling ability is the harder one. While Dooku has displayed amazing swordsmanship, I don't think he overwhelm Sidious with his mastery of the lightsaber here. I certainly think that he has the slight advantage here, as he is the only living master of a dueling-centric saber form. But I think it would be a decent fight.

Overall, I believe that Sidious would most likely defeat Dooku in a battle of the Force, although it would gruelling, but would fall in a classic duel setting, or your regular 'fair' fight. If he is able to find any sort of environmental advantage, however, he will use his wicked nature to turn the fight in his favor. He is, after-all, the dirtiest fighter of his time.

And Sorgo, I'm lovin' the sig. Very nice work.

Faunus, stop reading my mind. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Faunus has a way with words. I agree with what he said as well. Very nice.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ianus
Faunus has a way with words. I agree with what he said as well. Very nice.

He does. Which is why I wish his posts and comments weren't so rare on here. I never did manage to get to know the man when he was an incredibly active poster around here. Alas...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

Hes busy with school now. These forums are at they're peak over the summer.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:01 AM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, that's true. During the summer this place was sick with activity. Even I couldn't keep up with the new posts per day, or even per hour.

Now? Quiet. It's kicked up some this week compared to the tail end of September, but still...

Faunus is part of zee crew, the NJO, and is very good at moderating views since he is pretty well even headed.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of a guy who knew his stuff, where's Dipsit? Or Emperor Revan?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Uh, Dipsit must be swamped in school because he rarely comes on.

Emperor Revan stopped coming when the entire forum began a Revan smearing campaign.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:39 AM
The Creator
A being beyond power

ER probably got tired of being pwnd by Janus but I don't know about Dipsit.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:39 AM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
In all honesty, I have to side with Escape in this one. I don't think he's being particularly judgemental or biased in either character's favor, and his assessment of their abilities seem accurate enough.

The truth is, I myself have recently ecome somewhat irked with the level of disregard giving to certain characters. Sidious is possibly the most disrespected major character on the board. I was alright with it until somewhat said that Anakin and Obi-Wan could out-duel Palpatine. Erm, no.

Now, no one jump at me for my opinion, but whatever. Personally, I believe the Emperor to possess a greater knowledge and mastery of the Dark Side, and is also better suited to its use. Am I saying Dooku sucks? No. When he back-kicked Anakin into the air and Gripped Obi-Wan simultaneously, I was impressed. That takes concentration and skill. However, Sorgo himself said it; Dooku lives, works, and fights by a code of honor. He is governed by his ideals and morals, and would never even toe some of the lines that Sidious is willing to cross. He is not as evil, as malicious, as Sidious is, and so can never use the more advanced, the more wicked tricks of the Dark Side as well as Palpatine can. Don't get me wrong, he is formidable in terms of Force ability. And he is far from being totally outclassed here. But I think Sidious has the advantage in this department.

Dueling ability is the harder one. While Dooku has displayed amazing swordsmanship, I don't think he overwhelm Sidious with his mastery of the lightsaber here. I certainly think that he has the slight advantage here, as he is the only living master of a dueling-centric saber form. But I think it would be a decent fight.

Overall, I believe that Sidious would most likely defeat Dooku in a battle of the Force, although it would gruelling, but would fall in a classic duel setting, or your regular 'fair' fight. If he is able to find any sort of environmental advantage, however, he will use his wicked nature to turn the fight in his favor. He is, after-all, the dirtiest fighter of his time.

And Sorgo, I'm lovin' the sig. Very nice work.

Very nice post Faunus, BUT...

There are times when Sidious duels and doesn't use anything cheap or to his advantage. For example, his duel with Mace. We saw a fairly good fight between them. Sidious used his Lightsaber and Mace used his. Mace kicked his ass and had Sidious begging for mercy. But you must remember: Sidious has a way of underestimating his opponents by a GREAT deal. If he got in a fight with Dooku, he may underestimate him, which could end up his demise. Sidious underestimated both Yoda and Mace, and was stomped by one of them and nearly stomped by the other.

It also depends where they are.

If they're in the middle of a field, I can see Dooku wasting Sidious. But in the Senate room, Sidious would probably turn Cheap-ass and start chucking pods at him.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:51 AM
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hold up now, I thought that Sids fought Mace and made it LOOK like he got owned so as to make Anakin more inclined to view Sids favourably?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have come to a Grand conclusion:

Niether would win!

I can't see a setting in which is a proper venerable for me.

"Dooku would cut Sidious up, Sidious would fry Dooku, If they were in senate room Sids would win, if they were in a hallway, Dooku would win, Would Sidious underestimate Dooku? Would Dooku's age get to him? Would Sidious start using the force? Would Sidious and Dooku just battle it out lightsaber? Would....Blah Blah BLAH!"

^ See? It's just too hard to determine who would actually win this.

They both have so many favors on their sides that just can't honestly clash with each other properly.

I say it's a stalemate.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:54 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Hold up now, I thought that Sids fought Mace and made it LOOK like he got owned so as to make Anakin more inclined to view Sids favourably?

Listen to the ROTS DVD Commentary. Mace owned him.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:54 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Eh, that's open for debate last time I checked.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:57 AM
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Meh, don't have the DVD, point conceded.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:57 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, same here. Haven't had the spare change to buy the DVD. I'd rather spend it on stuff I use in real life.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:59 AM
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like swords and crowbars?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 01:00 AM