KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » after Last Jedi, why watch episode 9 *spoilers allowed*

after Last Jedi, why watch episode 9 *spoilers allowed*
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Question after Last Jedi, why watch episode 9 *spoilers allowed*

after Last Jedi, why watch episode 9 *spoilers allowed*

they killed snoke so any mystery lingering for that is over

luke's gone.

after watching TFA and Last Jedi

what would be some good storylines for episode 9 to pick up on?

just all out war between first order and rebellion?

kylo vs rey?

the end of TFA its clear Luke and Rey there is training as well as snoke and kylo

i'm unclear where Last Jedi storyline ends that episode 9 is supposed to continue

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:50 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I really guess the only thing left is Kylo vs Rey, so Ep 9 is probably gonna be that and the FO going down. Or they all consolidate together and Kylo turns back to the light.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Not gonna lie redpill, you actually made a quality thread.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:14 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I really guess the only thing left is Kylo vs Rey, so Ep 9 is probably gonna be that and the FO going down. Or they all consolidate together and Kylo turns back to the light.

Nah, it won't be completely light, they will become Grey.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Rey and a new generation of Jedi vs Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren, perhaps.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Trocity
Not gonna lie redpill, you actually made a quality thread.

thanks i guess laughing

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:50 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll watch it so I can ***** and moan about it with you guys.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:06 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I kind of hope to see Coruscant again as well as the foundation of a New New Republic, although with only Chewie to witness it it'll feel kind of like a hollow victory...maybe they can bring Lando back?

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Kurk
I'll watch it so I can ***** and moan about it with you guys.

This.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:19 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Maybe it would like something from the series LoTF where Jaina (Rey) had to fight her brother Jacen/Caedus (Kylo and possible cousin). But who the hell knows. Disney never listens to the fans.

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I'm interested in Luke, Snoke and the greater galactic picture, but it doesn't seem like Disney is. I'm still going to watch it ofc.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:28 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

To see if Rey is gonna start a Jedi Order or not and yeah Kylo vs Rey

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Re: after Last Jedi, why watch episode 9 *spoilers allowed*

There really is no reason at this point. I have no desire to see Rey humiliate Kylo for the third time in a row. After the Solo movie crashes and burns I think people will be legit tired of Soy Wars.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Restructure the movie, get rid of the needless plot lines, get rid of the third act and end it after the praeterorian guard fight with Kylo still making the leave the past behind speech, but also going as far as to call off the attack on the Rebel transport ships and then asking Rey to join him. Rey shockingly accepts his offer and the movie ends by setting up a sequel of the likes of which we've never seen in a Star Wars movie with limitless possibilities.

The way they did it in the movie, what is there to look forward to in episode IX? Kylo immediately lost all of his glorious character development he got in this movie after Rey rejected his offer and reverted to the petulant man-child phase, so he's no longer a villain to be taken seriously and Rey has already kicked his ass before. General Hux is a joke. Captain Phamsa is a joke. Han is dead. Luke is dead. Leia is dead. Snoke is not only dead, but also a joke and a poor man's Palpatine, so bringing him back would be silly.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Barf

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Restructure the movie, get rid of the needless plot lines, get rid of the third act and end it after the praeterorian guard fight with Kylo still making the leave the past behind speech, but also going as far as to call off the attack on the Rebel transport ships and then asking Rey to join him. Rey shockingly accepts his offer and the movie ends by setting up a sequel of the likes of which we've never seen in a Star Wars movie with limitless possibilities.

The way they did it in the movie, what is there to look forward to in episode IX? Kylo immediately lost all of his glorious character development he got in this movie after Rey rejected his offer and reverted to the petulant man-child phase, so he's no longer a villain to be taken seriously and Rey has already kicked his ass before. General Hux is a joke. Captain Phamsa is a joke. Han is dead. Luke is dead. Leia is dead. Snoke is not only dead, but also a joke and a poor man's Palpatine, so bringing him back would be silly.

i think these are some solid ideas but

1- Snoke would be dead in your revision
2- if you take out the needless plot points, what would you insert to make the movie 150 minutes long?

does snoke die and if not how would you change that in what we saw to your revision?

i think ending TLJ on a cliff hanger

does Rey accept Kylo's offer or not?

so we don't see whether Rey accepts Kylo's offer as a lead in to episode 9

would be a good cliff hanger - just as rey offering luke a lightsaber was the cliff hanger lead in from TFA

why would Hux listen to Kylo call off the attack? in TLJ Hux saw Snoke dead and Kylo force choked him.

what would episode 9 then be about in your vision?

romance between Kylo and Rey?

carrie fisher is dead but i missed the part of leia being dead.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 06:29 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Unfortunately, there isn’t much to look forward to in IX. Episode VIII had a pretty awesome set up with the prospect of Rey joining Kylo, but that was scrapped and now the plot seems to be in the same place where it started.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 12:22 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

These movies are good and I like good movies.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rey and a new generation of Jedi vs Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren, perhaps.

Speaking of the Knight of Ren, they should've came in to help Kylo fight the red guards.

It would've been a badass group fight since all of them have different weapons.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 01:11 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Well, Joker, the big difference is a lot of characters who could have helped are dead now, and the First Order is only on the assent. The plot's actually gone backwards.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 03:00 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Granted when it comes to Force users, if Snoke doesn't come back it's ghost Luke + ghost Yoda + Rey (+ ghost Obi Wan?) vs. Kylo Ren and a bunch of "Knights of Ren", so the light siders do have the edge there.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 03:10 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote