KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars (comic series)

Star Wars (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

lol yeah they cant overdo that one.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 08:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
That is such a cop-out, I really hate that.
Yeah, it really undermines the clear intent of the original films, wherein Luke and Leia were supposed to be the *only* force-users left in the galaxy by the conclusion of RotJ.

The EU logic is essentially: "When Yoda died, he just said that Luke would be the last JEDI... But Ahsoka(and whoever else they want to be alive during that period) weren't technically 'Jedi' any longer, so Yoda wasn't talking about them..."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Same thing happened in Legends.

Once again; this "problem" isn't exclusive to just disney canon.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

In legends was way worse, we had dozens of other true Jedi still alive. I think around 30 we’re still around by Ep 6. Just to
Name a few: K’kruhk, Tra Saa, Empatojas Brand, Dass Jennir, Aqinos, Caryn, Minos Fel’Kona, possibly Legends Vos, Kina Ha (rare Kaminoan Jedi), Rahm Kota, Galen Marek (clone) and so on. Many of them literally joined the New Jedi order (K’kruhk, T’ra Saa, Aqinos etc) or still considered themselves Jedi

Last edited by Total Warrior on Feb 1st, 2020 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Sheev
Same thing happened in Legends.

Once again; this "problem" isn't exclusive to just disney canon.

Never said it was a Disney only problem.

@TW, well with the way things are going we now have Cal, Ezra and Ahsoka. Wasn't there also some other Jedi? I can't recall the name, but still floating around.

I'm sure there will be more.

It just bothers me moreso that they say that they are not Jedi, but just saying you aren't one doesn't mean that you stop being a Jedi, if one truly didn't want to be one, they wouldn't wield their lightsabers or use The Force at all, nor even want to train or guide others.

Yeah sure, I guess with the Jedi Order gone you're technically not a Jedi in an official sense....but you can apply that to even the likes of Yoda and Obi-Wan then.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 1st, 2020 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Canon and Legends both established that it was possible to be force sensitive without being descended directly from force sensitives. Legends with Outbound Flight (and the jedi holocrons containing the force-sensitive children and stuff) and Canon with TCW/Fallen Order.

That already creates problems with the original trilogy which leads you to believe that there's somehow only 2 people in the entire galaxy of who knows how many -illions of people who could become jedi and save the galaxy.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Seems that Luke will be using a yellow saber in issue #6:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf

It just bothers me moreso that they say that they are not Jedi, but just saying you aren't one doesn't mean that you stop being a Jedi, if one truly didn't want to be one, they wouldn't wield their lightsabers or use The Force at all, nor even want to train or guide others.

Yeah having them all say we no longer consider ourselves Jedi is kinda a cop out way to get past Yodas line to Luke in ROTJ.

Even then Ezra never gave up on being a Jedi.

As for Cal something will have to happen to him. You cant just have all these Jedi (or non Jedi lightsiders with Jedi training), not joining/helping the Rebellion or later the Resistance.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Galan007

Where in the **** is he finding these random sabers?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Probably from the unknown Jedi.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 24th, 2020 at 02:41 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 02:38 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

when is it coming out?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ May 27th.

Solicits:
quote:
THE PATH TO JEDI WISDOM...OR A DEADLY TRAP OF THE DARK SIDE?

-THE FORCE led LUKE SKYWALKER to someone who can provide him with great insight into the path to JEDI wisdom...
-But their meeting will change Skywalker FOREVER. Luke thought his duel against his father, Darth Vader, was the ultimate test. But Luke's trials have only just begun.
-The galaxy needs Luke Skywalker. And a Jedi needs a weapon!
-Meanwhile, Vader continues his search for his long-lost son, and the REBEL ALLIANCE finds itself on the verge of a losing all hope.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 03:08 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Please Be Vos Please Be Vos Please Be Vos

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 05:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Regarding this new saber, I just remembered that in The Rise of Kylo Ren #2, Luke told Ben about a lightsaber he had once found during a past adventure:

So I imagine these issues will expand on that story...

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 25th, 2020 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 03:38 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Please Be Vos Please Be Vos Please Be Vos

No they are saving Vos for something special. Something so special and secretive we will never get to see it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 08:46 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 02:46 PM
Zenwolf

....Seriously?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Leia being frozen in carbonite is effing stupid.

It just creates another unneeded sub-plot when there's already MORE than enough going on.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:32 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

So nothing on the new Jedi? That sucks.thumb down

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Leia being frozen in carbonite is effing stupid.

It just creates another unneeded sub-plot when there's already MORE than enough going on.

It's not just that...but please tell me there's more of a reason to go back to Bespin other than to get back Luke's lightsaber? If not that's even more stupid.

Plus Lando specifically said that the freezing chamber wasn't meant to freeze humans, just because it worked on Han, doesn't mean it's gonna work on everyone...that easily could kill Leia.

I mean obviously it won't because plot, but still.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 06:05 PM