KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken X Street Fighter

Tekken X Street Fighter
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Tekken X Street Fighter

reports flew around the net that Street Fighter X Tekken will be at GamesCon, but actually it's only Tekken X Street Fighter that's making the appearance.

Cologne will also host a Tekken X Street Fighter tournament where eight competitors will be picked up randomly by Harada-San and Ono-San in the audience and will compete against each other along with six Tekken 6 and six Super Street Fighter 4 community members.

the event takes place on Thursday 19th August 2010.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...e.php?id=258938

Let the tekken hatred begin. and the hatred for this crossover.

Anyway, looking foward to this more that the sfxt version since i'm a tekkenhead moreso. i can't wait for some footage. hope i can check out that tourney too. online that is..or g4, if they have it.

..let the greatest crossover begin.

FIGHT!

cool

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 06:33 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Street fighter characters moving in an 8 way directional environment is a recipe for disaster for obvious reasons. The Tekken engine is no where near as twitchy and hyper responsive enough to please the SF crowd. But EVERYONE can hang with the SF4 engine.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 06:55 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I want to see gameplay of this damnit ><

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 08:25 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

SF characters will have the advantage of projectiles

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 10:28 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'd imagine if its the tekken engine, doing projectile attacks may have a long start-up

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 11:58 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swormara III
Restricted

Account Restricted

Projectiles in a 3D environment are far less effective in 2D, because of side-stepping. I'm sure the Tekken chars could also just jump over them ala Street Fighter.

Can't wait to see how good the SF chars look in Tekken considering sfiv has lesser graphics. they will look sooo much smoother and realistic. Can't wait to see Chun-Li's realistic body! big grin

Last edited by Swormara III on Aug 19th, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 11:59 PM
Swormara III is currently offline Click here to Send Swormara III a Private Message Find more posts by Swormara III Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I wanna see how this turns out, I'm gonna buy this version if it's good. I know most fans are gonna brush this off as crap but I'm one of the few SF fans that enjoys Tekken, too.

Still, seeing SF characters with Tekken graphics is gonna look horrid.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Aug 19th, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 12:01 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swormara III
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also I disagree about start-up. Those are usually for the unblockables, which I'm sure the SF balls will not be.

For the super projectiles, obviously, will by like Devinl Jin's, Alisa's, and so forth since they will be unblockable and hence have the same charge up time.

The regular ones I like to think of as Yoshimitsue's regular sword strikes...blockable. Not to mention if the normal balls are blockable in sf, it only makes sense to make the blockable in tekken. Not that tekken couldn't technically block them anyway.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 12:01 AM
Swormara III is currently offline Click here to Send Swormara III a Private Message Find more posts by Swormara III Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swormara III
Restricted

Account Restricted

my second to last post edited for appropriateness. stick out tongue

For some reason I think people will gasm more when the see the tekken x sf version...well probably partly due to it coming out later...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 12:04 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by No End N Site
I wanna see how this turns out, I'm gonna buy this version if it's good. I know most fans are gonna brush this off as crap but I'm one of the few SF fans that enjoys Tekken, too.

Still, seeing SF characters with Tekken graphics is gonna look horrid.

This version will B even worse than Capcom's verison. Tekken characters with SF style is totaly Blievable, the other way around is complete garbage, I'm not getting any version but if I had 2 pick 1, it would B SFXTK.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 12:23 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'm still a tekken fan, hoping for it to make a better comeback (dear namco.. revive Jun randomly.. for me~~)

I think the only bad thing bout tekken graphics is that everyone shines like plastic >_>... why cant they just use the soul calibur 4 engine.. ugh the cloth, metal and hair renderings were soo nice (still kinda had the plastic skin thing going though sad )

Originally posted by Swormara III
Projectiles in a 3D environment are far less effective in 2D, because of side-stepping. I'm sure the Tekken chars could also just jump over them ala Street Fighter.

Can't wait to see how good the SF chars look in Tekken considering sfiv has lesser graphics. they will look sooo much smoother and realistic. Can't wait to see Chun-Li's realistic body! big grin

Also I disagree about start-up. Those are usually for the unblockables, which I'm sure the SF balls will not be.

For the super projectiles, obviously, will by like Devinl Jin's, Alisa's, and so forth since they will be unblockable and hence have the same charge up time.

The regular ones I like to think of as Yoshimitsue's regular sword strikes...blockable. Not to mention if the normal balls are blockable in sf, it only makes sense to make the blockable in tekken. Not that tekken couldn't technically block them anyway.

- that depends on their hit box and damage.. I cant even remember if tekken characters can jump that high either (I know they dont jump as high as VF).. I know even with just pure melee, theres still very few things in tekken that you can sidestep because the sidestep is pretty small and alot of the strikes sweep a large area

- definitely wanna see SF in tekken engine as well

- well anything I've seen energy based in tekken, even if its just a powered up fist strike, has a pretty big start-up.. even non unblockables like a few of hwoarangs kicks have a hefty start-up

- it would be interesting to see how the gameplay would change if they have blockable fireballs.. I doubt it will play like we'd expect it to in this case

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Aug 19th, 2010 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 02:18 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

-edit- oopsie.. thought I hit the edit button, ignore

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 02:26 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
(I know they dont jump as high as VF)

Man, those bastards can jump.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 04:37 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wanna see an original boss character not some cheap rip off like Dark Kahn.
My head will explode if they fuse together Heihachi Mishima & M.Bison

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 11:09 AM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I don't wanna even see an original boss. I want ALL characters to be from each series.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 12:39 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 01:44 PM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ryu looks pissed off

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 02:54 PM
Markness

Looks kinda like his SF III incarnation. More rugged.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 03:43 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

lol, noice..

ryu kinda looks like mitsurugi with short hair.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 04:21 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

what! guile looks sick!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 04:23 PM