KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Could not find a thread dedicated to the newest releases in the Pokemanz series. Soul Silver is undoubtedly going to be a gazillion times better than Heart Gold. We all know that Lugia is just so much more awesome than Ho. Just like Red, Silver, Ruby and Diamond were the superior versions before it (Barring the lame 3rd releases). Any opinions on the new games?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 05:49 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

yellow version was the best.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 06:26 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

G/S/C are way better. The only thing good about Yellow was the surfing Pikachu.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 07:26 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I said barring the third releases. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and so on are generally improved versions of the first games. Also, props out to FireRed and LeafGreen, probably one of my favourites as well. Right after Silver, which takes home the trophy/my heart <33333

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 07:33 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Silver/Gold was definitley the best Pokémon games, can't wait for this release.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 11:02 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Re: Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Could not find a thread dedicated to the newest releases in the Pokemanz series.

Strange. I know there was a thread here about this earlier that I posted in, but the search function isn't working for me at the moment.

Soul Silver is undoubtedly going to be a gazillion times better than Heart Gold.

In terms of sales, yeah, but nothing else.

We all know that Lugia is just so much more awesome than Ho.

Whoa, speak for yourself. I could care less about Lugia in comparison to Ho-oh. The latter has always been one of my top favorites. Lugia may be much more popular because of some anime movie, but I ain't going with the bandwagon's opinion over something like this.

Just like Red, Silver, Ruby and Diamond were the superior versions before it (Barring the lame 3rd releases).

I'll agree with you about Red, Ruby, and Diamond at least, but the 3rd releases were easily the most expansive, so they win too in my book regardless of what you said, especially Crystal. <3

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and so on are generally improved versions of the first games.

And that makes them lame?

Also, props out to FireRed and LeafGreen, probably one of my favourites as well.

As fun as they were, they're still just remakes of Red/Blue, the latter of which had much more nostalgia value to me. As much as I'll enjoy Heart Gold/Soul Silver, I won't be surprised if I end up liking the originals more in the long run.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 01:19 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

.. You're arguing over which versions of the same game are better? Why the **** does it matter?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:49 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

because... theyre...not the same game?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:12 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Pokemon SoulSilver will undoubtedly sell more than HeartGold.

I was a Lugia fan even before the release of the anime movies.

Lugia was just pure charisma.. His Mewtwo-like look and simple color scheme is easy on the eyes.
As for Ho-oh... it looks like a flying multi-colored chicken.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:40 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I knew we had a thread for this somewhere, the search engine decided to be a brat today tho; http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...29+forumid%3A66

But since it's from 07 and got wrong titles, maybe it should stay dead.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:51 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by §P0oONY
.. You're arguing over which versions of the same game are better? Why the **** does it matter?
laughing

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 06:18 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Pokemon SoulSilver will undoubtedly sell more than HeartGold.

I was a Lugia fan even before the release of the anime movies.

Lugia was just pure charisma.. His Mewtwo-like look and simple color scheme is easy on the eyes.
As for Ho-oh... it looks like a flying multi-colored chicken.

Chicken? More like phoenix, though I guess it's a typical thing for a Lugia fan to say, having heard it all before.

Although easy on the eyes, Lugia's simple color scheme was actually what made him look bland compared to Ho-oh's rainbow-colored body... IMO anyway. Not to mention, Ho-oh has a much more interesting background (with Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and the Tin Tower) than Lugia and his Sacred Fire is a much more awesome attack than Aeroblast in my personal opinion.

... And Ho-oh's too cool to be corrupted by humans by being turned into a Shadow Pokemon.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 06:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Lugia's Shadow form made him look 10x better than he already was compared to Ho-oh

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 10:08 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Heart Gold > Soul Silver.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 06:39 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I'd say:
Gold > Silver (metals)
Soul > Heart (spiriualy)

So technicaly they are equal in a mathematical point of view, best combination would have been Soul Gold >> Heart Silver stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 07:19 PM
§P0oONY

because... theyre...not the same game?
Oh please... They ****ing are, the only difference between versions is a few Pokemon. That doesn't constitute as a different game. Which game contains which Pokemon is irrelevant as they're primarily single player games.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 08:41 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Probably the only Pokemon game I'm interested in getting in the future. I was a fan of Silver, but I saw some gameplay of it and realized it's just as slow as the original. Keep in mind I haven't seen any new Pokemon game since Yellow and Silver. So I'll get it when it's at a cheaper used price.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 12:24 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Lugia's Shadow form made him look 10x better than he already was compared to Ho-oh

Nah. His Shadow form had an equally simple color scheme that was equally bland looking compared to the rainbow phoenix Pokemon... I much prefer phoenixes over pseudo-dragon diving things.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Heart Gold > Soul Silver.

You my sir, has a heart of gold!

Originally posted by Morridini
I'd say:
Gold > Silver (metals)
Soul > Heart (spiriualy)

So technicaly they are equal in a mathematical point of view, best combination would have been Soul Gold >> Heart Silver stick out tongue

Haha, I agree.

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Oh please... They ****ing are, the only difference between versions is a few Pokemon. That doesn't constitute as a different game. Which game contains which Pokemon is irrelevant as they're primarily single player games.

No, it's not irrelevant, because you have to trade Pokemon with both the different versions of the game in order to catch 'em all! (lol no pun intended)

Of course, most people prefer one version over another not because of which Pokemon they contain, but because of what color they like more, what Pokemon appears on the box cover, or some petty reason like that.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 01:15 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Waaaaaaah! I'm not sure which of these legendaries to use my Master Ball on now.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsou...r/legends.shtml

I was thinking Ho-oh at first (since I currently have the opportunity to do so), but now I'm starting to lean more towards Mewtwo.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 07:32 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Waaaaaaah! I'm not sure which of these legendaries to use my Master Ball on now.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsou...r/legends.shtml

I was thinking Ho-oh at first (since I currently have the opportunity to do so), but now I'm starting to lean more towards Mewtwo.

So, what version did you buy?

I bought both versions, since I wanted to capture both Kyogre and Groudon.

Mewtwo's still the best though. Well, after Arceus of course.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 07:53 AM