KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars is such an overrated franchise

Star Wars is such an overrated franchise
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars is such an overrated franchise

No other franchise is more overrated than the Star Wars franchise as it really shows how bloated the franchise has become. Star Wars is so overrated and overexposed to the point that its called the number one science fiction fantasy franchise of all time. The fact that Star Wars has had a major cultural impact is very obvious, it was released over three decades ago, the movie exploded across the popular culture scene. It gets way too predictable when people mention the best TV shows, movies and merchandise it always has to be Star Wars. It's one very big impactful franchises in all of entertainment history. Star Wars day is that one informal commemorative day observed annually on May 4 to celebrate George Lucas' Star Wars franchise.

Star Wars has the most overdone parodies in pop culture that its not funny anymore.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 03:50 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Yeah no kidding, this just in... the sun is really really hot.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 05:09 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

It was extremely unique for the time, the plot was fantastic, the characters were well-written, Darth Vader was and is a treasure.

Plus, it invented the lightsaber, literally one of, if not the coolest and most popular weapons in fiction, **** outta here with your phasers and magic swords.

Add in space magic which I'm pretty sure it was the first movie to ever have an element like that. A long forgotten past, a mind-blowingly amazing score, and some great dialog between characters, all these things combine to make something that's not only a classic, but a TIMELESS classic.

It doesn't matter where or when it came out there's no way it wouldn't take the world by storm.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 06:21 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pew! Pew!

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 06:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the scenery is borrowed from westerns, ww2 movies or Kurosawa. The lightsaber is a glowing katana, the blasters are guns, storm troopers are nazis and Han Solo is Clint Eastwood.

Honestly, any rich kid with a mediocre degree in a rich state could have made that crap, the only things that made it what it was were the toys and special effects. That’s why the prequels suck so much. Lucas clearly doesn’t know how characters interact and probably had nothing to do with them. He didn’t even direct empire or Jedi.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 09:25 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Obviously Star Trek is the better franchise.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 10:38 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I've never fully watched Star Wars. You are either a Star Wars fan or a Star Trek fan.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 11:02 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Not to mention it borrowed heavily (to say the least) from other things like Dune, Valerian, and John Carter. Which would be fine, except so many Star Wars fans have no understanding or appreciation for the things that inspired Star Wars.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 12:32 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rudester
I've never fully watched Star Wars. You are either a Star Wars fan or a Star Trek fan.

I like both, not equally to be sure, but one is just as good as the other in general.

Like DC and Marvel, it's ok to like different stuff.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 01:42 AM
rudester
Tommy

I'd have to rewatch it to remember if I've seen it. Definitely forgettable.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 04:24 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Not to mention it borrowed heavily (to say the least) from other things like Dune, Valerian, and John Carter. Which would be fine, except so many Star Wars fans have no understanding or appreciation for the things that inspired Star Wars.

Thats harsh for Star Wars fans to bash those series, also don't forget that Flash Gordon helped inspire the series.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 02:00 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Love Flash Gordon, always made me so horny. I would masturbate like crazy to that movie. laughing

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 04:07 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Obviously Star Trek is the better franchise.

Is Star Trek even at the same level of popularity that Star Wars has in current years?.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 02:14 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Not really, Discovery basically killed the franchise.

NuTrek with Chris Pine as Kirk in an alternate universe movie series screwed over TNG, DS9, and VOY.

It's a mess.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 04:05 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Not really, Discovery basically killed the franchise.

NuTrek with Chris Pine as Kirk in an alternate universe movie series screwed over TNG, DS9, and VOY.

It's a mess.
tbf, TOS is the only one that was good.

Sure Patrick Stewart is great, but the rest of the show is boring.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 04:35 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Sequel Trilogy is just bad. All the magic is gone and the writing is lazy and predictable.

The Original Trilogy will always have a place in my heart.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 04:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

prequel trilogy sucked as well. the only one that stood a shot at being an acceptable prequel episode was ep1, but jar jar blew his load all over those chances. and let's not forget the riviting tale of trade disputes

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 05:01 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

In 1977 when I was 10 and it was made for 10 year olds, it was the greatest thing on Earth. At 54, it's just a moment now. I enjoyed the prequels with my kids and the sequels because I have knocked a few out to Daisy.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 05:35 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
prequel trilogy sucked as well. the only one that stood a shot at being an acceptable prequel episode was ep1, but jar jar blew his load all over those chances. and let's not forget the riviting tale of trade disputes
you forgot amidalla… I don’t blame you.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 06:00 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jar Jar was a very controversial character from the time when Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace came out back in 1999.

Has the sequel trilogy ever made new characters that were hated worse than Jar Jar?.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2021 03:55 PM