KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Deformed Sidious in RotS (part II)

Deformed Sidious in RotS (part II)
Started by: PVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 13 14 [15]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Evil, manipulatey, pretendey, gitface Palpatine...! big grin

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

just found this pic from ROTJ, now see to me he hasnt aged much from ROTS

Attachment: sideous.jpg
This has been downloaded 185 time(s).

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 01:45 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

quote:
Originally posted by Count Doodoo
Here is the Insider quote (as copied from TFN message board):
"The Sith are the natural enemy of the Jedi. As George Lucas describes it, the Sith were once in control of the galaxy 1000 years in the past. Unfortunately, the Sith's hunger for conquest got the better of them--so many Sith Lords were vying for ultimate control that it led to infighting among their ranks. Such internecine struggles were exploited by the Jedi Knights of the era, and they were able to turn the tide and defeat the Sith.

As Ki-Adi-Mundi states in Episode I, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium; however, not all were wiped out. A surviving Sith Lord sought to rebuild the order, to retake the galaxy, and to take revenge. The Sith Lord realized the dangers of having too many in the order, so he kept his existence a secret. It would be a long time coming, but he carefully plotted revenge. There would be only two Sith Lords at a time, a master and an apprentice, working in secret, planting the seeds of their eventual rise"

Comment by Count Doodoo on the above quote: That book "Secrets of the Sith" (which is EU so I guess doesn't count) says that Darth Bane is the Sith Lord that started the "rule of two", etc.

"Palpatine's withered appearance has to do with something very specific that happens to him"-- Pablo Hidalgo, Star Wars Insider #73.

Another Pablo Hidalgo quote:

" Episode 3 will have some insight into recent sith history, but not ancient sith history. In fact, you will learn more about Palpatine in this movie than all the other movies combined. But don't expect to learn that much. But you'll know more about his plan and at least you'll have some ideas about his origin....."

As far as the quote about Palpatine's age, I couldn't find an exact quote, but it seems to have said only that he's not 1000 years old and that there were other Sith Lords between 1000 years before ROTS and ROTS. Maybe someone who has Hyperspace can find the exact quote.

For what it's worth (I have my doubts as to the extent of his knowledge), Josh G. said this stuff:

Q: A hint/tidbit about Palpy's revelation about being Sidious/a Sith Lord? Like, is his "transformation" literal? A literal physical transition the audience sees on screen? Maybe during the Mace duel?

A:"You have no idea about that you are about to see. The simple answer is YES. Heck, yes ... "

" ...when you SEE this, you'll understand my energy in loving this scene. Almost shockingly cool ..."

Q: Can you tell me anything at all about what causes Sidious's look to change?

A:"He gets p**sed at Mace and the confrontation squad."

ugh, i wish you asked about hti ssooner.. i thought i posted the exact page for the issue of insider that the quote is on... but that is not hte quote right there.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

quote:
Originally posted by Gangularis
ugh, i wish you asked about hti ssooner.. i thought i posted the exact page for the issue of insider that the quote is on... but that is not hte quote right there.

Well, if you happen to find it, please post it -- sounds interesting.

Kenobi leaned back against the rock wall and tugged thoughtfully at his beard, puffing
slowly on a water pipe of free-form tarnished chrome.

--Star Wars novelization, p. 63

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Count Doodoo a Private Message Find more posts by Count Doodoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I think it is of old age or to make him look evil or something I doubt it if he is going to get reformed into something.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

"Palpatine raises his head, an old, withered man appears from beneath the shadows of the cowering Chancellor." --MF.com "Hard Copy" spoiler

This makes it sound like he was hiding his appearance.

It leaves it unclear whether the movie explains how Palpatine does this, though.

Kenobi leaned back against the rock wall and tugged thoughtfully at his beard, puffing
slowly on a water pipe of free-form tarnished chrome.

--Star Wars novelization, p. 63

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Count Doodoo a Private Message Find more posts by Count Doodoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

If he hasn't out & out said it, I think Pabs has implied that the change in appearance will definitely be explained in ROTS.
Not to mention that in the MF spoiler 'The Reveal' it says his appearance changes basically before our eyes. I think once this movie is over we will still have lots of questions, but I'll bet this one is explained...

Last edited by kimmeh on Dec 28th, 2004 at 12:35 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 12:33 AM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think it will roll out like this:

-mace beats palps, palps submits (pretending of coarse)

-mace realises that palps is a sith, and also realises he is shrouding his true appearance

-anakin walks in and asks mace just what the hell he thinks he's doing

-mace tells anakin that palps is the sith master, and that he has been shrouding his identity and appearance

-anakin declares that its all lies

-palps says "he's right anakin" and drops his facade, revealing his royal ugliness, and goes on to coax anakin into turning on mace, perhaps with promises of saving padme and talk of how the jedi are traitors and that the sith can *ahem* "end this destructive conflict and bring order throughout the galaxy"

-anakin is sold, and fights mace

what do you think of that?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 02:29 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I think thats pretty close to how it'll play out.

One thing that bothers me though, not about what you said, but just something in general.

If Mace can beat Palps, how can Anakin beat Mace? I thought that Papls was supposed to be the baddest mofo in the galaxy. And why would he ACT like he's submitting to Mace if he didnt have to? I dont think he knew that Anain would just "show-up".

Thats the only thing that im thinkin twice about. But i like your idea alot.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

palps takes a dive in an effort to turn anakin.
although he seems beaten, he is most likely in complete control and
could kill mace at any moment he chooses, even while on his knees pleading for his life. he plays possum

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:51 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

so you think he knew that Anakin would come in while on his knees?

oh and btw, opossum starts with "o" stick out tongue Happy Dance stick out tongue Happy Dance
just kidding, im not being a "spelling nazi"

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Last edited by Darth Subjekt on Dec 28th, 2004 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Maybe it will be a "Forseen" kind of thing...
Or maybe he simply knew Anakin was on his way due to having summoned him earlier.....?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
oh and btw, opossum starts with "o" stick out tongue Happy Dance stick out tongue Happy Dance

actually, fyi...both spellings are correct. look it up stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:44 PM
Cipher
Non-Entity

If Palpatine can arrange the downfall of the Jedi Order and the Republic, I doubt he'd have much trouble having a specific person show-up at a specific time.........

If Palpatine is using the Force to disguise himself, how does he fool a roomful of Jedi and how does he do it when he's on TV or in the Senate? Unless the change is a result of him suddenly drawing on a massive amount of power at that moment......

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

the darkside clouds everything stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 02:33 AM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

yeah sidious is pretty old.

new force power: dentures

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 09:29 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote