KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How long should the Mace vs Sidious Duel last

How long should the Mace vs Sidious Duel last
Started by: Lord Tyrant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

About 2 minutes. Then Anakin comes and kicks some arse. But that two minutes is just a teaser of Sidious Vs Yoda duel that's going to take place few moments later.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

yup, good movie.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 04:52 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

quote:
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
yup, good movie.

confused

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 04:56 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

huh? are you doubting that it wont?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:43 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

ok, in my own opinion, i think the duels will be roughly this long

Anakin Skywalker V Obi-Wan Kenobi 10 - 12 min
Anakin Skywalker V Count Dooku 6 - 8 min
Obi-Wan Kenobi V General Grievous 6 - 8 min
Yoda V Palpatine 5 - 7 min
Anakin Skywalker V Mace Windu 5 - 7 min
Mace Windu V Palpatine 3 - 5 min

plz contribute your own ideasyes

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

Sorry, I'm just really not sure if I buy that one Sith master can destroy 4 battlehardened Jedi, including Mace, singlehandedly. That's the kind of thing you expect to find in the EU. One thing I always respected about Star Wars was that it didn't do stupid shit like that. It even justified Dooku's defeating both Anakin and Obi-Wan by making Anakin spoil it all with his impatience.
Now we have one sith taking out multiple Jedi Masters, an unkillable-4-lightsaber-wielding-lizard-machine being killed by a single blaster.... it's just dumb. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the movie's going to suck. I think it'll be damn good. I just think that certain parts are going to be stupid as hell.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:58 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

And to clarify, I dind the unkillable-4-lightsaber-wielding-lizard-machine himself just as stupid a concept as the way in which he dies.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:59 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
schill142
Boondock Saint

All of these suggested duel times are way off. One can say 5 minutes is quick, but have we actually watched 5 uninterrupted minutes of 1 on 1 lightsaber dueling in any of the movies? .....NO

Lightsaber duels are similar to fencing matches and samurai sword battles; in that one hit should be enough. Having fenced and sword fought I know the concept of 4-8 minutes on non-stop indecisive swordplay is idiotic at best.

Once Ani intervenes on behalf of Palpatine, look for him to cut down Mace in under a minute.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:11 PM
Click here to Send schill142 a Private Message Find more posts by schill142 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Actually the Anakin/Obi-Wan is about right according to stuff we've heard from the OS.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:13 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
schill142
Boondock Saint

Correct, but that is not toe to toe, uninterrupted fighting. They are chasing each other, suffering falls, throws, saber and force attacks. I understand that their duel will be epic in both time and ground covered.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:17 PM
Click here to Send schill142 a Private Message Find more posts by schill142 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Oh, well of course.........I didnt mean they stand there in one place and go at it for 10 minutes. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:20 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Mace: "Chancellor I know about your plans and I'm here to stop yo....."

*swoosh*

*thunk*

That's how long it should last.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

laughing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:33 PM
schill142
Boondock Saint

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Mace: "Chancellor I know about your plans and I'm here to stop yo....."

*swoosh*

*thunk*

That's how long it should last.

Exactly,

But it will be interesting to see what melodramatic device Lucas inserts, thus ruining a perfectly good scene.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:43 PM
mtryder

Because yes, the most talented fighter in the Jedi order should be incapable of even defending himself against a Sith Lord. Seriously, people. I understand that Sidious would, and probably even should have the upper hand in the duel, but can anyone give one even remotely decent reason why Mace can't, at least initially, battle him to a stalemate at least? It makes no sense.

Anyone else in the Jedi Order? Sure, I can understand it. But, from my understanding, Mace and Yoda seem to occupy their own tier of mastery, with Yoda focusing more on the wisdom, and Mace focusing more on the combat. Honestly, it's my opinion that Mace should hold his own respectably against Sidious, and defeat Anakin. I understand that Anakin is the chosen one, but he's still a petulant, emotionally conflicted, unfocused Jedi *Knight* who is still relatively new to the Order, while Mace is a seasoned, battleharded Jedi Master, and a notoriously talented one at that.

Along the same vein, Sidious should not be able to take down *four* Jedi Masters. Any of them one on one, and maybe two on one, I can understand. But four is plausible only if he takes them by surprise. I don't see how he will, considering that they're off to confront him because they've uncovered his identity, but we'll see.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:08 PM
Cipher
Non-Entity

From the time Mace & Co. walk in till the time Mace gets flung out that window will probably be 5-6 minutes. This scene is all about getting Anakin on Palpatine's side.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

I'm not saying it should last a long time, by the way. Honestly, I ideally don't think that the Mace-Sidious duel should swing much in either direction before Anakin shows up. Anakin dueling Mace should be the majority of the scene, and I think the total time between Mace confronting Sidious and Mace dying should be 10-15 minutes.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:27 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Depending on Palpy's true power, he may have no problem handling 4 Jedi. Remember, Palps is supposedly the ultimate force user in the galaxy who's powers extend far beyond any others.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

It would be good if the fight were longer, but if Yoda's fighting him later on, it might be too repetitive. Palpatine probably uses a lot of dark side power to finish off the Jedi.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

however long it is i think it will be sweet

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote