KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » That first Breath

That first Breath
Started by: Arbiter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Bondius
O.K. you´re right, lets not blame the actor and just accept George Lucas is one of the worst directors in movie history.

*slap*

Silence fool, poor dialogue doesnt make you a bad director. He is a very talented director.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:46 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Bondius
Order of the Phoenix Jedi

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA, and you´re going to tell me that the NOOOOOOOOOO shot from vader was an excelent one jejejejejejeje

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:47 PM
Click here to Send General Bondius a Private Message Find more posts by General Bondius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Leo

No she's a bad actor

I’ll be the one to save us all

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Leo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Leo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That was badly written, it had nothing to do with how it was directed.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Bondius

C´mon guys, you really think camera angles have nothing to do with a shot beeing good or bad, for example???

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:50 PM
Click here to Send General Bondius a Private Message Find more posts by General Bondius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I did catch myself smiling at that "first breath" moment, but I wouldn't make it the best moment of the movie. I also enjoyed hearing Darth's voice for the first time and it sounding so....familiar.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

well, the first breath was damn cool, but when obi-wan chopped ol' crabby-pants anakin into pieces, it was cool to see after all these years.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:52 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I think he's a very talented director (in terms of the movie) - he's not great at directing actors though. But Natalie could have done better even with what she was given. She almost ruined every scene she was in.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:53 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Lucas has been known to give the actors next to no freedom while acting, though.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Really? I always thought Lucas hardly directed them at all... you know, wasn't "faster, more intense" the only directions he ever gave? wink

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:01 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) I dunno if you're being serious or joking.

Anyway, I heard that he wouldn't even allow them to ad-lib anything.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:03 AM
General Bondius

Yes it actually was, if you can call that directing anyway.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:03 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Lana
stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) I dunno if you're being serious or joking.

Anyway, I heard that he wouldn't even allow them to ad-lib anything.

I was being semi-serious. He is always mocked with the "faster, more intense" thing by his actors (and he even mocks himself sometimes), saying that that was all he ever said.

I think they were allowed to adlib... I remember reading in the Making Of book him saying that what's on the page isn't set in stone, that they could vary it if they wanted...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:05 AM
HAROLD

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Natalie can't act to save her life in this movie... I was glad to see her go.
If Natalie can't act, why did she recieve a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination for Closer?

Her acting ability is fine, it's just that Padme is a very blandly written character.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:13 AM
Click here to Send HAROLD a Private Message Find more posts by HAROLD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by HAROLD
If Natalie can't act, why did she recieve a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination for Closer?

Her acting ability is fine, it's just that Padme is a very blandly written character.

He said in this movie...

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:13 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Indeed. She was terrible in this movie. Ewan (and even Hayden at times) managed to pull off the wooden dialogue, why couldn't she? A good actor doesn't need a good director.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:17 AM
HAROLD

Originally posted by General Bondius
NAtalie is by far one of the best performances in this movie, you want to see bad acting, tak e alook at anakin.
I'm attempting to excogitate as to how you could say that. I was actually surprised to see that Hayden's performance was among the best in the film.

And that's not to say Natalie was bad. Again, Padme is just a weak, uninteresting character.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:17 AM
Click here to Send HAROLD a Private Message Find more posts by HAROLD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HAROLD

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
He said in this movie...
I know.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:18 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by HAROLD
I'm attempting to excogitate as to how you could say that. I was actually surprised to see that Hayden's performance was among the best in the film.

And that's not to say Natalie was bad. Again, Padme is just a weak, uninteresting character.

Hayden's? Ewan completely stole the show!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:23 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I'd say Ian stole the show... stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:24 AM