KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » next gen consoles

next gen consoles
Started by: sully_2u

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I don't think I've ever played a Nintendo game with a single bug in it, thats for sure.
I don't think I've played a single game from any company without a bug in it.

SSBM has some major bugs in the initial version they released. Ice climbers, Mewtwo and the Home Run Contest come to mind. smile

Of course I'm known for beating a game in a few hours, then replaying it to find all the bugs. . . SSBM has lasted me years and years of enjoyment. . .

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:25 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Its hard to put something entirely new in todays genre.

One game I would say added something new was the spiderman game with the free roaming, AND realistic land scape up AND down, because GTA didn't feel polished.

AC, you said that RE4 beats out half life in AI?

Shenmu been, did the free roaming, and a couple of others. The only reason they can't go on the building is because, they can't wall crawl.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:33 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Shenmu been, did the free roaming, and a couple of others. The only reason they can't go on the building is because, they can't wall crawl.
Like I said, it was on a wholescale version.

GTA had it..

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:35 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Creshosk
I don't think I've played a single game from any company without a bug in it.

SSBM has some major bugs in the initial version they released. Ice climbers, Mewtwo and the Home Run Contest come to mind. smile

Of course I'm known for beating a game in a few hours, then replaying it to find all the bugs. . . SSBM has lasted me years and years of enjoyment. . .
Do you mean fighting game bugs, or bugs in general?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:35 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

GTA didn't have freedom.

People need to realise this.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Simulated freedom, more of a poor mans version.

A sandbox game, it was more of the ability to do "anything".

I found postal entertaining though, that and Carmageddon.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:55 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

God Of Wars "hype" had nothing to do with me buying and enjoying it.

I thought I made that pretty clear. I DON'T CARE who hyped it up, who made it over-rated or who says it was hyped. Didn't I say I had barely heard of the game when I bought it? I read a review, it said it was good, simple as that. Not a case of Emperors new clothes at all. I enjoyed it, it was well rounded and does what it does well, without frustration setting in and keeping the difficulty curve spot on. Subjective opinion.

As for Resident Evil 4, I've said all I wanted to on the matter. The AI is rather simple. Enemies follow path nodes until they get to you, or they kill you. They see you once and they all flock to where you are. Every enemy follows the same script. It's no different to the likes of Unreal Tournament 2004 bot AI. The AI in Resi 4 is an illusion. Where Capcom have innovated in this area is the level design. It's impeccable.

What I mean is, the AI is following strategically placed paths. I studied bot paths while I was at Uni and Resi 4 uses the same idea as most AI. The level design determines where they go. It's so flawless, that the AI SEEMS like its outwitting you, flanking you, when in actual fact its the amazing level design which gives that illusion. Resi 4 has the best level design I've seen in a long time, but the AI is pretty simple stuff.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Sep 13th, 2005 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:59 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

God Of Wars "hype" had nothing to do with me buying and enjoying it.

I thought I made that pretty clear. I DON'T CARE who hyped it up, who made it over-rated or who says it was hyped. Didn't I say I had barely heard of the game when I bought it? I read a review, it said it was good, simple as that. Not a case of Emperors new clothes at all. I enjoyed it, it was well rounded and does what it does well, without frustration setting in and keeping the difficulty curve spot on. Subjective opinion.

As for Resident Evil 4, I've said all I wanted to on the matter. The AI is rather simple. Enemies follow path nodes until they get to you, or they kill you. They see you once and they all flock to where you are. Every enemy follows the same script. It's no different to the likes of Unreal Tournament 2004 bot AI. The AI in Resi 4 is an illusion. Where Capcom have innovated in this area is the level design. It's impeccable.

What I mean is, the AI is following strategically placed paths. I studied bot paths while I was at Uni and Resi 4 uses the same idea as most AI. The level design determines where they go. It's so flawless, that the AI SEEMS like its outwitting you, flanking you, when in actual fact its the amazing level design which gives that illusion. Resi 4 has the best level design I've seen in a long time, but the AI is pretty simple stuff.

No red, sorry, I was agreeing with you, I don't like hype either, what i was saying is to get a game that suits you.

That being said, I thought the hype made it overrated, kinda like killzone in some aspects, and I love killzone.

See what I mean.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:06 PM
Creshosk

Do you mean fighting game bugs, or bugs in general?
Bugs in general. Every game has them, you just gotta be creative when playing a game. . . I like jumping on stuff for example, and even stuff off in the corner. . . I frequently find ways to get stuck.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:23 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Bugs in general. Every game has them, you just gotta be creative when playing a game. . . I like jumping on stuff for example, and even stuff off in the corner. . . I frequently find ways to get stuck.
Oh that...

On mario 64 I jumped the outside waterfall in the beginning, and made it to the roof...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:24 PM
Creshosk

This is true. . . but some are better at it than others. for example UT>Q3 with AI. . .

The pathway become appearent with q3, especially when you have the a large number of the same bot on a team versus humans.

One time I litterally wound up chasing after them along the same path. . . It was liek they weren't interested in fighting me at all, just following their path.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:26 PM
Creshosk

Oh that...

On mario 64 I jumped the outside waterfall in the beginning, and made it to the roof...
Yeah, every game has bugs of some type or another. Most people will never encouter them if they play the game right. Since I don't do that I have found bugs in every game I've played regardless of genre or company.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:27 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Lol, I mess around on games too because I end up winning so fast, quite wierd.

Games like baldur's gate are so huge that you cant help but have bugs.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:30 PM
Creshosk

Lol, I mess around on games too because I end up winning so fast, quite wierd.

Games like baldur's gate are so huge that you cant help but have bugs.
What's really cool about BG is Biff the understudy.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:57 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Lol, I only had him on the first one, you kill the main character, and VOILA!!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 09:29 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

What's really cool about BG is Biff the understudy.

Yeah Biff rules.

"Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here, Butthead"

Classic Biff alright.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 09:50 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yeah Biff rules.

"Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here, Butthead"

Classic Biff alright.
You're a bg fan too? eek!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 10:00 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Halo 3? More of the same from Halo 2, which was more of the same from Halo.

All the realism in the world and it still takes a whole machine gun clip and an hour of strafing to kill someone. Give me RE4.

-AC

Time to learn different tactics, hmm?

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 10:57 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

DC is alive!!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:06 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

blink

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:08 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote