KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!

Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

Fair enough. Good for you for being able to fling out $50 on something sentimental. The point is, people are told the book will be published, implying that their work will be accessible by the public. This turns out not to be true and although you may receive a book with your poem in, it's only you who knows about it. And your family and friends, depending who you tell.

This is far removed from the promises made and, to me, still equates to being conned.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 08:07 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MCRxReject
I'm FREAKING Awesome!

Thank you for that link I am new and I love and also write my own poetry

-Breanna

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 09:14 PM
MCRxReject is currently offline Click here to Send MCRxReject a Private Message Find more posts by MCRxReject Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

hmm....i dont kno wat to believe anymore...i sent one in august but i haven't sent them money...thank you whoever for being poor, but they keep sending me shit so i dont kno wat i should do...you guys and girls have any suggestions?

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 12:22 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I was still getting letters on a regular basis until I moved. Always the same letters, with the same information. I'd won this, I'd won that and so on. It's a ruse to squeeze money out of you. Did you read the whole thread? smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 04:35 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

not really i was just too upset bout the whole thing so i just wrote something down...sorry

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 12:23 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Don't apologise! I just meant, it might be worth reading through the thread for information smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 11:18 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

o....ok

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 12:22 PM
Ladysyniah

Question

I've also had a poem in Invoking the Muse, and bought the book. When they sent me the book my poem was on the first page. What I want to know is it on the first page of my book only or in all the books the sent out. It's called Thinking of You. If someone who has the book could look for me it would be greatly appreciated. I entered that contest and they didn't ever tell me that I won but my poem was on the first page this is why I ask about the book. After I bought the book the kept sending me letter talkin' about they would like another piece from me, but after the first on I just through the letters away. Look I sent my $20 to put my copy on hold, but i didn't send the other 40. So they would send me letters telling me that someone was asking about me and my poems, but they couldn't tell them any information cause I had an outstanding balance LOL. I didn't really care at that point. I hadn't even sent any of my other pieces to anyone else because of them. I'm going to check out some of the other links on here to see what they're all about. Thanks Guys

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 10:00 PM
Ladysyniah is currently offline Click here to Send Ladysyniah a Private Message Find more posts by Ladysyniah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Don't send any more money smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 07:55 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

did anyone else get an editor's reward...? or something like that?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 12:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren
Please, if any of you have submitted your work to www.poetry.com, DO NOT send them any money!! They are nothing but a sham, I submitted some pieces a while back and I still have all of the correspondence regarding the poem that they were going to publish, but I refused to send the extortionate amounts of money they asked for and I didn't go to the 'conventions' or 'award ceremonies' as they were in the US and I'm in the UK... and I'm glad I didn't!

http://windpub.com/literary.scams/ilp.htm

Check out the link and read through, it's absolutely disgusting and I would really hate for any of you to be taken in by their lies. Luckily I wasn't entirely tricked, although I felt extremely let down when I realised my work was never going to be published erm

man, same ****e up shit happened to me. Told me I was a winner and shit, and thier going to publish my shit. Of course they will publish a book and give to me if i pay them to do it laughing out loud sad sad I was sixteen and broken hearted after realizing this.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 30th, 2007 at 10:18 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 10:15 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarah25b

Worried poetry.com

hi i am new to all this and was just browsing to see if i could find the book my pooem was "published in". i may sound really silly but i have submitted many poems onto poetry.com and have purchased many trophies, probably just to tell myself i had achieved something. i had always thought i was paying for the items to be shipped and made personalised but maybe i was wrong to be so silly. i have certainly learnt alot from reading the messages on here!!!!! thank you sad

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 12:06 AM
sarah25b is currently offline Click here to Send sarah25b a Private Message Find more posts by sarah25b Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Hi Sarah smile

If you were happy enough that your poetry was being published for your eyes only then there's nothing wrong with that. The main issue is that work is supposedly 'published worldwide' and they even name certain large shops where the books can be purchased, which is completely untrue.

It just seems to me that everyone who's ever submitted poetry to the site has been told that their work is unique and worthy of publication. It may be that a lot of the work is excellent, but how can the judgement of such a site be trusted at all? It's disappointing, more than anything else.

You should be proud of your achievements all the same. Who's to say the site was wrong about your work?

Would you like to make a thread of your own here on KMC and share your creations with us?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 02:02 PM
Bardock42

Would you like to make a thread of your own here on KMC and share your creations with us?

I am sure it will be better than 99% smile

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 04:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:15 PM
Bardock42

roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's mostly shit.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:49 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

This bothers you so much. Why?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:18 PM
Bardock42

This bothers you so much. Why?

It doesn't. I'm just saying that most I read here was not artistically appealing. It bothers me when 5 replies after a shit poem are "AWESOME", "EXCELLENT", "YOU ARE SO TALENTED"....and not "Stop writing poems you might kill little kittens reading them".

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 11:40 AM
Syren
dreaming

I agree with you entirely yes

It's just, you always have something to say about it and it's always the same point, over and over again.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I get it smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 02:58 AM
Bardock42

I agree with you entirely yes

It's just, you always have something to say about it and it's always the same point, over and over again.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I get it smile
Cause it still happens smile

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 11:28 AM