KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!

Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Cause it still happens smile

So you have to reiterate, over and over again? smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:11 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Syren
So you have to reiterate, over and over again? smile
Exactly smile

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 11:35 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

It doesn't. I'm just saying that most I read here was not artistically appealing. It bothers me when 5 replies after a shit poem are "AWESOME", "EXCELLENT", "YOU ARE SO TALENTED"....and not "Stop writing poems you might kill little kittens reading them".
that's because most people have very thin skin and must be treated with kid gloves else their feelings and/or egos might be bruised to the point where they may just become depressive and suicidal which then has the unfortunate tendency to put thoughts and feelings to pen and paper thereby adding to the growing and burgeoning poetry to which you despise. ergo...it would be most appropriate if you use reverse psychology and say their work is "GOOD" and "AWESOME" and so on.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 04:59 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarah25b

poetry hoax

Hi Sarah smile

If you were happy enough that your poetry was being published for your eyes only then there's nothing wrong with that. The main issue is that work is supposedly 'published worldwide' and they even name certain large shops where the books can be purchased, which is completely untrue.

It just seems to me that everyone who's ever submitted poetry to the site has been told that their work is unique and worthy of publication. It may be that a lot of the work is excellent, but how can the judgement of such a site be trusted at all? It's disappointing, more than anything else.

You should be proud of your achievements all the same. Who's to say the site was wrong about your work?

Would you like to make a thread of your own here on KMC and share your creations with us?

hi there thanks for your reply. i am not sure on how to make a thread but will be more than happy once i figure it out! thanks again

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:32 PM
sarah25b is currently offline Click here to Send sarah25b a Private Message Find more posts by sarah25b Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Fëanor
that's because most people have very thin skin and must be treated with kid gloves else their feelings and/or egos might be bruised to the point where they may just become depressive and suicidal which then has the unfortunate tendency to put thoughts and feelings to pen and paper thereby adding to the growing and burgeoning poetry to which you despise. ergo...it would be most appropriate if you use reverse psychology and say their work is "GOOD" and "AWESOME" and so on.
I am a firm believe in the opposite theory, that my approach of "YOU SUCK" might get a vast amount of those "poets" to actually kill themselves thereby ridding the world of their poetry for evermore.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:19 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

I am a firm believe in the opposite theory, that my approach of "YOU SUCK" might get a vast amount of those "poets" to actually kill themselves thereby ridding the world of their poetry for evermore.
But then, if they've reached that point of wanting to kill themselves, they may just write about their feeling before actually pulling the trigger or putting knife to wrist. And in death...does not their work become more than what it's actual worth is had they been alive?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:25 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

laughing out loud

Good point

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:53 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

But then, if they've reached that point of wanting to kill themselves, they may just write about their feeling before actually pulling the trigger or putting knife to wrist. And in death...does not their work become more than what it's actual worth is had they been alive?
No

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 10:35 PM
Syren
dreaming

Oh, you guys roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 10:40 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

does anyone still get stuff from them? like email or mail and shit?

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 10:43 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

Re: Poetry.com ~ Nothing But A Hoax!

Please, if any of you have submitted your work to www.poetry.com, DO NOT send them any money!! They are nothing but a sham, I submitted some pieces a while back and I still have all of the correspondence regarding the poem that they were going to publish, but I refused to send the extortionate amounts of money they asked for and I didn't go to the 'conventions' or 'award ceremonies' as they were in the US and I'm in the UK... and I'm glad I didn't!

http://windpub.com/literary.scams/ilp.htm

Check out the link and read through, it's absolutely disgusting and I would really hate for any of you to be taken in by their lies. Luckily I wasn't entirely tricked, although I felt extremely let down when I realised my work was never going to be published erm

I had exactly the same with a few of my poems and like you I'm in the UK so no conventions for me lol and no I NEVER EVER sent them any money. And again also I was rather disappointed but at least i dint lose any money.
kinda makes me cringe to find out that its all a hoax though!

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:24 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

No
Admit I'm right and you'll see my wisdom.
Oh, you guys roll eyes (sarcastic)
It is my goal--if somewhat unreachable--to change this man's heart and mind.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:27 PM
Syren
dreaming

It is my goal--if somewhat unreachable--to change this man's heart and mind.

He doesn't have a heart

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 01:27 PM
Bardock42

He doesn't have a heart
You are mean.
Admit I'm right and you'll see my wisdom. It is my goal--if somewhat unreachable--to change this man's heart and mind.
Ok. Your wisdom tells me you are wrong.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 02:07 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

well its ture actually...the bastard makes you feel like you accomplished something but then you figured out its all a lie

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 02:28 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
well its ture actually...the bastard makes you feel like you accomplished something but then you figured out its all a lie

Which bastard? Bardock? confused

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 08:54 PM
Fëanor

He doesn't have a heart
hmmm....i think the great wizard can cure that stick out tongue
You are mean. Ok. Your wisdom tells me you are wrong.
to say i'm wrong is to obscure the rightness of the fact i've given you. to deny a thing is to admit the admission.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 05:36 PM
Bardock42

hmmm....i think the great wizard can cure that stick out tongue to say i'm wrong is to obscure the rightness of the fact i've given you. to deny a thing is to admit the admission.

YOU TALK MUCH, BUT YOU ARE UGLY!!!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 07:32 PM
Syren
dreaming

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 09:38 PM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Okay, I went 4 pages back to view your poems.............where the heck are they? confused confused

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 03:16 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote