KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why was Mace Windu's Posse so lame?

Why was Mace Windu's Posse so lame?
Started by: jeremiahbllfrg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
overlord
OD'd

Ju-on: The internet grudge..

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 08:13 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

OMG!!!!, net punch-ons!, call the cus's!, all of them.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:32 PM
Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lowrider370
X

they were extras

Sig Duels 3 w, 2 L

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 08:16 PM
Click here to Send lowrider370 a Private Message Find more posts by lowrider370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

It was a terribly choreographed scene, but I don't think it was meant to make the Jedi Masters look crappy. It was made to make Sidious look really powerful.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

lowrider370<----I like your username.

What do you drive, ese?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

I doubt a 15 year old would have a decent car.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I concur with the assumption about showing how Strong sideous really was. (I'm smart, i said big words). But I think he could of dragged the seen on a little bit longer. In the second movie GL was making a point in the geonosis jedi vs. droid fight, when he showed the jedi get their asses kicked. He coud have chosen to make the fight last three or four minutes but didn't. He dragged it out for another ten minutes at least. He could have done the same thing in the 3rd movie. It would not have needed to be some long ass thirty minutes fight where he killed each guy one by one. but they could have all charged him at once or something. Then GL would have been able to show off Palps moves. It actuaully would have worked towards Gl's advantage. Because if the fight was longer palpatine would have had more time to pull off some really cool stuff. I was pretty disappointed really. But the movie itself was great cool

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Feb 2nd, 2006 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

I think that one of the reasons he picked those Jedi was because all the other highly skilled Jedi were either dead or they were of some where else. I think that if he were to pick a group, to arrest a sith lord would be Obi-Wan(on utapau unfortuatly), Anakin(not trustworthy), Qui-Gon(deseased), and Yoda(on Kashykk). Sassiae Tin, from what I remember is a good piolot and could have been used on the battlefeids, he should have had Plo Koon instead. I thought that the other Jedi should have more screen time and their deaths were really quick. I think to tell you the truth, did it because of time constraints.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 11:43 PM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nebar_Foxis

So the intention seems to be clear. Maybe the Jedi underestimated the Chancellor, but the first 2 "Master" died without even blocking his attack. Maybe the first one didn't want to fight and instead talk about everything and the second one joined him. Kit Fisto was even smart enough to put up his cover for like 2 seconds.

I was really disappointed but okay, at least the end-fight was amazing.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Nebar_Foxis a Private Message Find more posts by Nebar_Foxis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Agen Kolar(?) turned around to look at Palpatine when he was stabbed.

The Hell was so interesting behind him that he had to divert attention away from the evil Sith?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Perhaps that was an textbook example of the dangers of spinning? Like (obi1 in ep1)

Or perhaps he saw something curious?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Somebody probably shouted "STEVE!". Knowing full well his name wasn't Steve, he looked anyway.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 06:37 AM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

D'yall think Windu coulda arrested Palpatine if it was Anakin, Obiwan, and Yoda who assisted him? I personally think he would shit his pants upon seein' those four.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 07:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's one of those film making decisions. The conceptual point of the scene was to show that Palps was pretty damn hard, to whit that he takes out 3 of 4 Jedi Masters in a fight.

Now, the scene did accomplish that. To many tastes- and that includes mine, and it seems most here- it was done in too brief a way, making the whole experience look shallow.

But as a filmmaker, GL has a different view and often strips these things down to bare essentials in favour of the bits he sees as vital with the main characters.

I think it all feeds back into there being too much plot in the PT.

I perfer my views of Lucas just being lazy

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

Originally posted by DiamondBullets
D'yall think Windu coulda arrested Palpatine if it was Anakin, Obiwan, and Yoda who assisted him? I personally think he would shit his pants upon seein' those four.

I definetly agree with you. The four of them would have been a much better challenge to Palpatine. But hey! That's not how Lucas invisioned it. So only in the expanded universe world. It would work if they came out with a revenge of the sith:infinities.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 08:49 PM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

they shoulda brought one of those busty twilek jedi babes to sweet talk him into arrest...lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 07:18 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Well, let's look at this for a moment:

Agen Kolar's death: Can't blame him. Pretty hard to dodge a very strong and maybe even unexpected STAB thrusted at you by a very, very quick Sith lord, don't you think?

That random loser's death: I forgot how he died blink

Kit Fisto's death: Now with this guy, I agree. He stood there for like seven seconds watching his allies being slaughtered, then gets killed.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 08:26 AM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

It's easy, the dark side clouded their judgement.

And Kit Fisto fought pretty well, but the sith was better. I actually liked the way Dooku fought against Obi-Wan and Anakin, because he knocked one down, then quickly picked up Obi-Wan and threw him away, then continued to fight Anakin. Great move.

Now 4-to-1 is pretty good odds, but in the movies, how often have we seen 4 bad guys go up against 1 good guy? And how many times does the good guy win? How about all the time!

We think we know why, because the bad guys are stupid and can't shoot straight or the ninja's can't use a sword or karate-chop. But actually, most 4-1 fights, it's one-on-one, while the other 3 bad guys just stand around waiting their turn, leaning on their shovels and looking at their watches!

Thanks to home video we have the benefit of instant replay, and now we can break down the jedi-sith battle as if we were NFL linemen breaking down film on Monday afternoon. But in real time, as it happened on screen, Mace's posse's slaughter was still pretty shocking.

Oh sure, while Palpatine was slicing the Agen and Kit, Mace should have been slicing away at Paplatine's knees or back. But then we wouldn't have a story... we're all just monday-morning quarterbacking.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 04:55 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

I like Chinabing's description...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
lowrider370<----I like your username.

What do you drive, ese?

WOW! a Mexican gangster, that likes SW... thats a first.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 09:15 PM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote