KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I have a question

I have a question
Started by: LiL nAstY GirL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

yeah i bet tia was hott in her better days. plus, she is mysterious and wise and gave jack some of his more valuble possessions like the compass. i bet they were just good friends. jack is pretty possessive about his friends.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 04:33 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by blackpearl44
But, we don't know wheather he went with Tia or not......and even if he did, it dosn't mean he wants every woman he sees.

Will: You know me?
Tia: You want to know me?
Jack: There will be no knowing around here. I thought I knew you.

Jack sounded jealous.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 04:48 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Yea, ^ but I don't think that was jealousy.....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:02 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Jack wants everything. Look how much he wanted that jar of dirt and he didn't even know what good it was at first.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:05 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Tia explained what it would help when she first gave it to him.....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:06 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Jack: Does the jar of dirt help?
Tia: If you don't want it give it back.
*Jack holds the jar of dirt tightly*
Jack: No.
Tia: It helps.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:06 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Will: You know me?
Tia: You want to know me?
Jack: There will be no knowing around here. I thought I knew you.

Jack sounded jealous.

It was clearly a sexual suggestion she gav Will

I think he doesnt like the thought of Will challenging his position as Alpha male (stealing one of his many women). At this point I dont think Jack sees women as anything too serious to him...not until Liz comes along that is.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:11 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

^^Yea, good point

ESB -1138,

before that when she first gives it to him, she says (referring to Davy Jones) "he only to go on land but once a year" so DJ would apparently not want to go near the dirt.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:13 PM
katelovespirate

yeah jack is just possessive. plus, if he knows tia well, he probably sees her do this a lot. and he doesnt have time to watch her seduce will or whatever, he's got a flipping black spot on his hand, he needs help on the double.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:14 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

^^ Yes, exactly.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:15 PM
LovelyOne

Actually Jack was very sad when he said "she's only a ship, mate."

He was sad but it sounded as if he was ready to let it go..The fact he lost his hat and didnt care too much echoed what happened with the pearl..And why would his number one want during the film be a ship he already has?

and Tia said to him "jack does not know what he wants, i know more but you will want to claim it as your own" or something like that..He already owns the pearl..Liz he doesnt have....yet.

I also think Disney wouldnt make his number one love in his life his ship..Its an inanimate object..how boring is that?

Oh and another thing. Jack knew the Pearl was going to be destroyed by the kraken even after he had come back..thats why they all decided to leave it.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 05:21 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:16 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

well the pearl does symbolize freedom to Jack. the fact that he gives it up means that there are more important things to him now... even perhaps, more important than his freedom...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:20 PM
LovelyOne

That or Jack just wants Elizabeth like every other woman in the world.

At the end of the film Elizabeth became more than just the usual woman in his life..She became the one who finnaly beat him at his own game. That makes her different/significant to him compared with all the other women he has obviously screwed over. (slaps he gets) I'm guessing Jack admires Liz for that.

It could be why He admires Tia too. She seems to be one who can beat him in a battle of wits(hence no slap from her). Thats why he respects her..so Liz beating him means he has a new level of respect for her too.

Yeh exactly katelovespirate..if his main priority was the pearl/hat throughout all 3 films then that means his character is not developing and that would make the film so blooming boring.^^

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:25 PM
blackpearl44

^^ Yes, good point, Jack has a new level of respect for Liz.

And I don't think more important than his freedom, because that's what Jack has that Liz craves.......I think the Peral is going to be ressurected in the next movie because at the end of this movie, remember Barbossa said "So what has become of my ship?" referring to the Pearl, which is really Jack's.....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:25 PM
LovelyOne

^^ Yes, good point, Jack has a new level of respect for Liz.

And I don't think more important than his freedom, because that's what Jack has that Liz craves.......I think the Peral is going to be ressurected in the next movie because at the end of this movie, remember Barbossa said "So what has become of my ship?" referring to the Pearl, which is really Jack's.....

Oh yeh true^^

but the fact jack decided to leave it meant that its not just about the ship now and his own selfish needs he's changing slightly.other people/things are becomeiong more important...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:30 PM
katelovespirate

totally.... i mean of course the pearl will always be important to jack, but he's grown. he puts the lives of his friends before the pearl. he could have asked them all to stay and try to fight again, but he gave the order to abandon ship.
as we know though, jack always has a plan for getting what he wants. nothing seems to scare him all that much. he just adapts well.
i can see Elizabeth going down a Tia road myself- becoming more like her, though hopefully not with the teeth./..

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:34 PM
blackpearl44

Yea, his ultimate decision at the end of the second movie was, "Ok, Liz's life...or the pearl" because at that point, he could only save one, and he chose Liz's life over the Pearl, but if he can have both, he will definately have both......because he loves both.....he is discovering.....and I picture Liz going to Tia, sometime alone....for some advice or something.....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:35 PM
katelovespirate

yeah maybe tia will give liz a magical object (like jacks compass) that will help her understand what she really wants... JACK

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:38 PM
blackpearl44

Maybe, though, she should not need anymore magical objects, outside of the compass, to tell her what she wants.......if she needs more than one magical object, to help he decide what she really wants....she has a problem.....but hey, I guess she could get some other thing to use, besides Jack's compass.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:43 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

^^Yea, good point

ESB -1138,

before that when she first gives it to him, she says (referring to Davy Jones) "he only to go on land but once a year" so DJ would apparently not want to go near the dirt.

That really makes no sense actually. Considering when he's on the sea Davy could just send the Kraken.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:44 PM