KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Spoilers...

Spoilers...
Started by: savvysparrow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

God that was awesome, the way you wrote it, it actually makes pefect sense.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 11:39 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

hey you know this kid stuff they were putting in, and then now they may have taken it out??

what if its the 'easter egg' at the end of the 3rd movie? right after the credits roll????

in 1 it was the monkey (which turned out to be WHY the monkey was still immortal...)

in 2 it was the dog and the bone (which as lovelyone suggests shows that jack has accepted that he loves liz...as has also been confirmed by spoilers for the 3rd film...)

in 3 it could be liz and the baby but end the actual film differently??

...u never know with these guys...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 11:40 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

might be^^^ big grin

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 11:44 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Oh and you forgot the part, where Gibs says: BAD, BAD FOR EVERY MOTHER'S CHILD THAT CALLS HIMSELF A PIRATE.
Oh and I'm curious about the widowed before her marriage line, afterwards it says' "A VIRGIN STILL LIKELY AS NOT" what do you think the last line "LIKELY AS NOT" means. Could it be that she is not a virgin? or that she is not going to be a virgin when she gets married? That last quote has my head spinning.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 11:46 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

GUESS WHAT GUYS..my friend said there was no indication of Will bedding Liz in the script..although she said she needs to read over it again..so IMO that kid is 100% Jack's

also she said it has apparently been cut..

so even if it was Will's they have now CUT it hopefully meaning the whole theme of "Will's baby" is nada..more room for a Jack/Liz hint at the end of AWE/ in th future..

maybe the Jack /baby theme is gonna be continued into the 4th..

cuz pirates are gonna DIE OUT and what is Jack gonna have to live for once everything is taken away from him..his whole way of life..GONE??? A SON and Elizabeth of course big grin

and what Is Liz gonna have to live for now that everything has been taken away from her? her dad, her fiancee, Norrington?? JACK and a SON of course big grin Jack is her TRUE husband in her heart IMO

BITTERSWEET ENDING anyone?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 7th, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 11:47 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

That is Great News thatks Lovelyone smile

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 11:50 PM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
She starts off the Pirate Trilogy as a young girl singing the "Pirate's Life For Me" song....we learn that she is obsessed with Pirates...then they resuce Will and she takes his Pirate Medallion (but nothing about the boy suggests that he is a Pirate).....then we see her grown up and she is still obsessed with the medallion/Pirates (she thinks Will is a Pirate)...then she resuced from the sea later that day by a real live Pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow - a legend that she has heard stories about....then later int he movie on the island she teaches him the Pirate song....which he in turns sings at the end of the movie....as he is sailing towards that HoriZon...remebering his time with Lizzie on the Island....Then movie 2 starts off with her at a "wedding" looking like she is actually kneeling at a funeral or something...it's raining and miserable and she looks so lonely....then Jack's first scene - we see him pop out of a coffin...."a marriage interrupted or fate intervenes"....."widowed before her marriage...a virgin still looking for her husband lost at sea"....."welcome aboard come to join my crew....no, I've come to find the man I love"...."this compass points to the thing you want most in this world"....."it's a curious thing, there was a time I would have given anything for you to LOOK LIKE THAT when THINKING ABOUT ME...I don't know what you mean...OH I THINK YOU DO...don't be absurd, I TRUST HIM THAT's ALL....."I Just thought I'd be married by now, I'm so ready to be married"....."you will come over to my side, I know it...one word, luv, curiosity"....and so on and so on....then Liz kisses Jack and chains him to the mast...Jack does die at the end...and ties back into the beginning where she is mourning...just as LovelyOne has pointed out...so, Movie One starts with Liz singing the Pirate Song on a ship, it ends with Jack singing that same song on a Ship...movie two starts with Elizabeth looking like she is mourning a death, Jack dies by the tentacles of the Kracken, the movie ends with Elizabeth mourning the death of Jack.....

OMG I love you so much..

and when they say virgin as likely as not..IMO thats all the sexual tension brought to the surface betweenJack/Liz in this move..it all suggests sleeping with Jack not Billiam lmao

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 7th, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 11:54 PM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Originally posted by LovelyOne
OMG I love you so much..

and when they say virgin as likely as not..IMO thats all the sexual tension brought to the surface betweenJack/Liz in this move..it all suggests sleeping with Jack not Billiam lmao

Yea that would make sense, she desires to sleep w Jack not the hoompa loompa.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 12:11 AM
savvysparrow

So wait, does that mean that we know that the end of the movie is implied J/E?

Sorry if I'm not following you guys measure for measure. I'm playing catch up.

I know that most of us aren't huge fans of Will, but from a character perspective, won't Elizabeth be horribly distraught if Will dies during the course of the film? I'm not saying that she might still love him, but they are childhood friends. Wouldn't she feel guilty if things weren't still patched up between them, and subsequently, wouldn't that also affect her relationship with Jack?

Help me out here, those of you with the script connections. Does anyone else seem to think it's too drastic? Even if it is bitter sweet? And I'm not saying this is my personal opinion. I'm not a W/E shipper in disguise. I'm looking at things purely from an emotional context.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 01:56 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

IMO this child thing maybe happend a good year, or at least half a year after the events of AWE

If they are taking it out though..IMO there may just be a hint in the closeness of Jack comforting Liz after the loss of Will..that these two really do belong together..possibly to continue into a 4th

IMO will/Liz are growing further apart anyway..I think they do love eachother but priotities might switch around..especially for Will..they already are for Will

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 8th, 2006 at 02:03 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 01:59 AM
savvysparrow

I agree that Will's priorities are with his father. I also can't see how there could be any resolution that would adequately resolve the triangle in such a way that Will and Elizabeth would end up together again. It would be unrealistic for him to forgive and forget, and for her to simply drop and ignore everything that happened in DMC.

Ok, so LovelyOne, your friend is the one with the script apparently. Can you give me clues as to what happens that leads up to these events? You don't have to outright tell what happens, but at least point me in the right direction.

So we know that they've at least cut the idea out that she's had a kid at the end of the movie (let's face it, do you see her being the mothering type? Maybe if she had someone to do it with her, but by herself? She's too wild.)

Do we know how it is that Elizabeth feels about Jack yet? There are opinions and guesses yes, but what does that magical script say?

If I were to hypothesize that she doesn't come to terms with her true feelings until the end of the film, would that be mildly correct?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:31 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

about the pirates life song. i wonder when at the end of the movie while jack was singing he looked at his compass, could it ahve been pointing to liz? im pretty sure so...it seems to me that ever since he met liz and right after movie ones ending jack hasnt been himself. What i mean is that hes compass wouldnt work properly for him. Knowing that liz might be married to will or worse, could limit his freedom as a pirate.

thats why gibbs was mentioning that he and the crew have been waiting for a while for some gold and treassure. must means that jack has been vezed for a long time since movie one.

a silly thought. u know that the beginning of the movie liz sings pirates life and jacks end up singing that song. now i was thinking for the third, that since jack was singing by himself pirates life, then maybe at the end of movie 3 jack/liz would sing pirates life song together. stupid thought i know lol.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:44 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote:
a silly thought. u know that the beginning of the movie liz sings pirates life and jacks end up singing that song. now i was thinking for the third, that since jack was singing by himself pirates life, then maybe at the end of movie 3 jack/liz would sing pirates life song together. stupid thought i know lol.

It would be silly, but I would love it LOL

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 04:37 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

i personally think that it would be kind of cheesy-too cheesy for pirates-although it is romantic lol. but i think what we want is more of a sexier ending scene between jack and liz. mayeb jack holding elzabeth taking her to the his cabin to perform his ma-rri-age lol wink

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 04:43 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I still dont know how I feel about this possible kid ending..IMO it would be the best thing for Jack and Liz if they cant be pirates anymore and Liz has nothing left in her life and neither does Jack..he cant be a pirate anymore..he needs SOMETHING to keep him going..he would have found something much better true love etc. He has a reason to exist still if he remains eith Liz and has a kid..

same goes for Liz..IMO she is really in love with Jack and she needed Will to be gone to fully embrace being with him..

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:17 PM
katelovespirate

i think if there is a kid, it would be wills. otherwise, why would they film liz and will getting married unless they meant to imply (but not show) that Will and Liz consumate said marriage?

i just got dead man's chest!!! smile yay. its a bootleg but the quality is great. im gonna watch it now.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:21 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

well even if the piracy will end..they weill still be pirates by heart, and i hope to see the ending with jack/liz sailing away catching the horizon.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:23 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by katelovespirate
i think if there is a kid, it would be wills. otherwise, why would they film liz and will getting married unless they meant to imply (but not show) that Will and Liz consumate said marriage?

i just got dead man's chest!!! smile yay. its a bootleg but the quality is great. im gonna watch it now.

My friend said there is no indication of them sleeping together in the script

they get married on the dutchman/Pearl?? not sure which..I think its the pearl because Barbossa is captain of it and Will literally stabs the heart as soon as they do

IMO she wont have sex before marriage.

I honestly think this big twist they are on about is showing that Jack is willing to make an obligation to a "wife" and son

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 8th, 2006 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:24 PM
LovelyOne

come on think realistically though..Jack cant continue to be a pirate..and a son and partner is what would give him reason to still exist in life..its bittersweet.

do we really want to see him die in 9 years time?

why is it showing us Liz safe and sound 9 years in the future with a son and not where Jack is?..did he manage to fit into the new world or what?? did he die??

"Jack will have to find his place in the new world or perish"

pirates are ending..even the title At Worlds End suggests that..its the end of the old world and a new world is coming along a new agre and Jack sailing off into the sunset a pirate?? Its not gonna work..h's going to perish if he does that..each character needs to make a change to "survive" in the new world IMO..its the emotional battle I was talking about..something old and familiar VS something "new and scary"..With Jack it points to feelings for Liz and with Liz it points to feelings for Jack.

IMO they are covering Jack's ending up somewhere..its ties in with Elizabeth's..I think the son is his.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 8th, 2006 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:28 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

again i really dont think its wills child. I mean, the merriage is something will wants in his deathbed. im pretty sure lizzie does it as a favor. Will knows what in lizzies heart, he wont ask her as a favor to make love to will, he knows the meaning of "till death do us apart." he knows by the min he dies, that liz will be free to choose her destiny and live her life wih whom she loves, jack.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:31 PM