KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs Shang Chi

Batman vs Shang Chi
Started by: Alfheim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Daredevil1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
wacko

You don't go into a debate knowing only one side of the argument. If you aren't familiar enough with both characters to form an accurate, educated opinion then you aren't qualified to post in the thread. Everyone in this thread should know just as much about Shang-Chi as the do about Batman, if you need to rely on other people then you don't know enough about both character's for you opinion to matter.

I see you have no evidence. Got it. Nice dodge.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 03:58 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

wacko

You don't go into a debate knowing only one side of the argument. If you aren't familiar enough with both characters to form an accurate, educated opinion then you aren't qualified to post in the thread. Everyone in this thread should know just as much about Shang-Chi as the do about Batman, if you need to rely on other people then you don't know enough about both character's for you opinion to matter.

Ok so no proof then? laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 04:01 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Check a Shang Chi respect thread or, and try to stay with me 'cause this may sound novel to you, read some comics with Shang Chi in them.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 04:06 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Even by his logic he's wrong. He didn't stop to think that someone here does know about Shang to the point that I'm 95 % sure such a feat does not "exist".

Heck I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and maybe it was some were this "chi-amping to rival Spiderman stats". But hey thats just me giving this poster the benefit of the doubt. I'm human I make mistakes maybe there is a issue were I missed and it states in a narration or in Shang thoughts that he can "Chi amp to match Spiderman's stats" and then proceeds to match Spidermans feat in issue number so and so.

But the proof is in the pudding it seems.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 04:08 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Check a Shang Chi respect thread or, and try to stay with me 'cause this may sound novel to you, read some comics with Shang Chi in them.

Check and triple checked, long before this debate has ever occurred. Your still missing the point of a debate.

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 04:09 PM
Daredevil1

srankmissingnin: Shang can amp up to Spiderman levels easily.

Daredevil1: Proof?

srankmissingnin: You shouldn't debate in this thread.

Daredevil1: That is some great evidence.

Take some notes folks. This guy srank here knows his stuff.

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 04:11 PM
Deadline

HAHA I made the Shang Chi thread on this forum. So what now?

Last edited by Deadline on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 05:25 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I said "a respect thread" not "the respect thread," there used to be one called Street Level (or Martial Artist?) respect thread, and I think there is (or was) a Shang-Chi respect thread on SHC.

Shang Chi has meleed a Doombot, twice, the last time he strong armed it into blowing its' own head off. He has broken out of the Things bear hung and has fought Spider-man to a stand still. In the last issue of HFH he engaged Hiroim the Shamed (who has the Old Strong - ie is match for the Hulk) in melee combat, blocked his blow and briefly managed to hold him back... and that would require strength vastly superior to anything Spider-man can muster. He has demolished metal walls, kicked down radio towers, punched men clean through trains and hundreds of feet out the other side. He has dodged bullets after they have left the chamber and thrown dozens of punches in the blink of an eye. Shang-Chi can and has amp his stats to Spider-man levels.

It always best to keep quite when you have no idea what you are talking about; talk shiting shit is only fun until someone makes you swallow your words. Now go do some home work you two, read some Deadly Hands or something.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 10:59 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I see nothing in Shang Chi's thread that makes me think he'll beat Batman.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 11:11 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by snoopdogg

I imagine thats because its a sad thread with only two pages worth of stuff.

Try to get some back issues of Deadly Hands of Fung Fu, Master of Kung Fu and the Gaint Size Master of Kung Fu. There is some Journey into Mystery and MCP pressents stuff also.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 11:16 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I admitt I have not read much Shang Chi related stuff. But that Batman capability site is downright amazing sh!t. That guy is a f*cking beast on all fronts.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 11:20 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

I admitt I have not read much Shang Chi related stuff. But that Batman capability site is downright amazing sh!t. That guy is a f*cking beast on all fronts.

Most of the feats he's mention from Shang Chi are posted at superhero chat which I have seen. Basically he's assuming Shang is chi amping because of his super feats, like I stated without actual evidence.

But if you look at Bats feats as well like kicking down trees, putting his fingers through bricks, kicking down a door designed to withstand cruise missiles, one shotting Croc, holding off Slade with strength as they grapple, kicking away casually a speeding Captain Marvel that was thrown by Superman, hurting WonderWoman, hurting Spectre. These are just feats off the top of my head from his respect thread.

One could assume look Bats chi amping or look Bats martial arts make him Spiderman level stats LOL.

Thats srankmissingnin logic at work. Which in fact neither are close to Spidey in stats.

Funny all those feats and not one mentions Shang can Chi-amp to Spiderman levels? I see he's still dodging this.

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 11:46 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Daredevil1
Most of the feats he's mention from Shang Chi are posted at superhero chat which I have seen. Basically he's assuming Shang is chi amping because of his super feats, like I stated without actual evidence.

Either he is amping with chi or he is at that level of speed/strength by default. You be the judge.

But if you look at Bats feats as well like kicking down trees, putting his fingers through bricks, kicking down a door designed to withstand cruise missiles, one shotting Croc, holding off Slade with strength as they grapple, hurting WonderWoman, hurting Spectre. These are just feats off the top of my head from his respect thread.

Nothing really that impressive there. Croc is a barely superhuman pussy. Slade was weaken in their first fight... and he is only around class 2 to begin with. Wonder Woman spars with Batman (thats a training match in case you weren't sure) and Batman hurting Spectre was PIS. Everything else Shang-Chi has done himself... pretty much every street has.

One could assume look Bats chi amping or look Bats martial arts make him Spiderman level stats LOL.

"I kicked down a tree once! Look out Spider-man!!!"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

When Batman bits a chunk out of a sword or blocks a punch from a Hulk level character that his putting enough force into his blow to cause shock waves, you let me know.

Thats srankmissingnin logic at work. Which in fact neither are close to Spidey in stats.

Heres a question for you. Is Spider-man strong because he says he is strong or because he proves he is?

A statement means nothing with out something to back it up. If Shang-Chi has the proove to back it up does he need to make the statement.

Funny all those feats and not one mentions Shang can Chi-amp to Spiderman levels? I see he's still dodging this.

confused

Why would Shang-Chi say "I'm amping my strength to Spider-man level!" Not only does he barely know Spider-man, but he rarely boosts at all... hell he barely talks when he is fighting. Shang-Chi can amp his attributes with his chi. He has feats that are on and above the levels of Spider-man. Most people can put two and two together, but you apparently need someone from Marvel to show up at your house, punch your mom in the ovaries and tattoo "Shang-Chi can amp to superhuman levels" on your forehead.

The difference between you and I, is that I've read the comics, and you've read the respect thread. I'm not digging through 300 issues of comics because your only expierence with Shang-Chi is a respect thread.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Aug 3rd, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 12:08 AM
Daredevil1

quote:
Either he is amping with chi or he is at that level of speed/strength by default. You be the judge.

LOL you do know The Cat, Captain America, Daredevil, even Batroc have given Spiderman problems. So by your logic there all chi amping or there at that level of speed/strength by default.

There's your logic.

quote:
Nothing really that impressive there. Croc is a barely superhuman pussy. Slade was weaken in their first fight... and he is only around class 2 to begin with. Wonder Woman spars with Batman (thats a training match in case you weren't sure) and Batman hurting Spectre was PIS. Everything else Shang-Chi has done himself... pretty much every street has.

Prove Slade was weakend. Bats fought Wonder Woman twice one was a grappling match the other time he hit her pressure-point. PIS fine by that logic Shang feats are PIS. Easy enough.

quote:
"I kicked down a tree once! Look out Spider-man!!!"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

When Batman bits a chunk out of a sword or blocks a punch from a Hulk level character that his putting enough force into his blow to cause shock waves, you let me know.

I see you ignore he kicked down a special door designed to withstand a cruise missile.

Still see you have no evidence what so ever. Shang doing that is PIS. At least Spectre's makes more sense his Spectre's power level varies. Bats also batted around a Demon WonderWoman and Aquaman.

Hulk level character for Shang huh? Bats also was moving Daresied around with his blows. I guess he chi-amps by your logic again. LOL

quote:
Why would Shang-Chi say "I'm amping my strength to Spider-man level!" Not only does he barely know Spider-man, but he rarely boosts at all... hell he barely talks when he is fighting. Shang-Chi can amp his attributes with his chi. He has feats that are on and above the levels of Spider-man. Most people can put two and two together, but you apparently need someone from Marvel to show up at your house, punch your mom in the ovaries and tattoo "Shang-Chi can amp to superhuman levels" on your forehead.

The difference between you and I, is that I've read the comics, and you've read the respect thread. I'm not digging through 300 issues of comics because your only expierence with Shang-Chi is a respect thread.

The problem here is you've shown your biasness. You PIS Bats feats and accept anything that Shang does. No wonder you don't have evidence for Shang. You don't know Shang or his books or Batmans either for that matter.

I see you can't prove your claims. And you still just dodge the question. Neither Batman nor Shang are on Spiderman's level. The difference between you and me is that you just can't accept that.

I showed you your logic by Bats High-End feats he also is Spiderman level LOL. Your logic at work once again.

I have a scene with Batroc moving so fast he even tags Spiderman. You know who Batroc is, right? Batroc is a tough guy but lets face it he's no Daredevil or Captain America not even close. Spiderman even states Batroc is close to his speed. He must Chi amp his speed too LOL.

And for your information Shang got defeated easily by Wolverine someone with less then Spiderman stats and much less then Hulk level stats. Knowing you, you'll probably just make a excuse.

Well he wasn't chi-amping or PIS or Shang was holding back.

Face it Shang is not Spiderman level stats. All you have is some nice feats which many street-level characters have.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 01:55 AM
Deadline

Well all top tier martial arts use chi, but srank has no evidence to say that Shang can amp himself to Spiderman levels.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 09:56 AM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

me neither...
I imagine thats because its a sad thread with only two pages worth of stuff.

Try to get some back issues of Deadly Hands of Fung Fu, Master of Kung Fu and the Gaint Size Master of Kung Fu. There is some Journey into Mystery and MCP pressents stuff also.
Why would I have to get comics? You should prove it that Shang Chi can beat Batman as far as I'm concerned he can't.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 11:42 AM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Oh for Christ's sake! I guess I'm going to need to make a Shang-Chi respect thread once the Wolverine one is done.

I'm not even sure what the problem is here. Do you people not believe that Shang-Chi has the ability to amp with Chi? Or are you saying that even though he can amp, that he can't amp to Spider-man levels... despite that he has proved he has?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._10Strength.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._12Strength.jpg

Blocks the attack of Hiroim the Shamed (who has/is the Old Strong), which has enough power behind it to cause shock waves, and then locks with him briefly in a test of strength. This is a character with Hulk level strength.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...ents156b-11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ents156b-12.jpg

I think that is pretty self explanatory.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ents158b-16.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ents158b-17.jpg

Chi uses his Silent Shout technique on Lazarus, which koes him and shatters every window in the church they are fighting in. On of Chi's higher-end abilities that uses up most of his "energy resources" (ie chi). It's some sort of super chi kick.

Thats from opening three comics. Three, of the hundreds of issues Shang-Chi has appeared in. Anyone see anything there Batman could replicated? Anyone see anything there Spider-man could replicated? Yeah, I didn't think so.

And thus the reason you should read the comics. If haven't read Shang-Chi... what makes you think your opinion on a fight involving him is accurate or relevant. If you don't know what you are talking about, then you opinion simply doesn't mater.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 05:55 PM
Daredevil1

Shang Chi 10/10. First round knock out. Shang has superior skill and the ability to amp his physically attributes with chi to rival Spider-man. It his hardly even a contest.

Considering you show no real evidence, shows your wrong.

Considering you accept Shangs feats and not Bats shows a double-standard.

Considering because you believe Shangs super feats equal Spiderman stats and not accept Bruce's super feats shows another double-standard.

Basically your a hypocrite.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 04:35 AM