KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » GoldenEye 10 years Anniversary!

GoldenEye 10 years Anniversary!
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why should MS sell Rare?

Even though Perfect Dark Zero wasnt as good as the original, it still wasnt bad. So they have done one mediocre game that sold pretty damn well. Kameo, on the otherhand I havnt played, but I still thought that did alright.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 03:18 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

How come Rare is so darned slow now that they are at MS?
Other then Viva Pinata, and Kameo they haven't done anything since Perfect Dark 0. (other then remake of Conkers Bad Fur day on the X-box tho)

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 06:12 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

is rare going under or something?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 08:07 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

its called microsoft erm

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 08:20 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I haven't read anything in this thread, I didn't even look at the first page. I'd just like to say that Goldeneye was megapwnage back in the day. That is all.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 08:50 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Other then Viva Pinata, and Kameo they haven't done anything since Perfect Dark 0. (other then remake of Conkers Bad Fur day on the X-box tho)

They are doing Banjo right now.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 11:31 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Haven't they been "doing" Banjo for many many years now? Without ever getting closer to release.

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I haven't read anything in this thread, I didn't even look at the first page. I'd just like to say that Goldeneye was megapwnage back in the day. That is all.

Shame, read the first page!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 04:19 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Three games released on the 360, with another one coming out in the next year or so. That's not that bad.

I was under the impression that Rare wasnt an huge development firm so when they got bought out by MS, they had to changed all the code for PDZ and Kameo to the XBOX, and then well, the XBOX 360 (which in my opinion was released too early) came along and they just decided to put it over to the 360, which took more time.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 05:50 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

they should just do goldeneye and perfect dark remakes... since they went out of their way for conker

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 06:44 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
they should just do goldeneye and perfect dark remakes... since they went out of their way for conker

That would be 50-50 between biggest disaster in gaming industry or biggest success in the gaming industry.

But let's think of what they could they add to GoldenEye.
Obviously smarter AI and better graphics. But with the modern 360 there is a lot more a player can physically do. Firstly I guess they would add all the extra stuff they had in Perfect Dark, like hitting with your gun etc. But what else?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 08:26 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It would be interesting.

The already remade Perfect Dar, or kinda of remade with Zero.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 04:09 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Can't in any way be called a remake.
It was a prequel game, set many many years before PD.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 05:57 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I know, but it is basically Perfect Dark.

I wouldnt call it a remake, but more of an semi remake. It's the same game as Perfect Dark but with a different story.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 07:08 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

That would be 50-50 between biggest disaster in gaming industry or biggest success in the gaming industry.

But let's think of what they could they add to GoldenEye.
Obviously smarter AI and better graphics. But with the modern 360 there is a lot more a player can physically do. Firstly I guess they would add all the extra stuff they had in Perfect Dark, like hitting with your gun etc. But what else?

they could try adding alternate fire modes.. and adding physics to the environment (I think a graphical overhaul is given).. maybe some map interactivity (like half life or unreal tournament... if someone goes in a chemical room and you're near the control station you could cause a breach and kill them from the toxins) /shrug... plus there are so many possibilities for gadgets.. being an agent and all

I liked messing around with the doors the most... like run through a door and then shut it behind me without turning around to piss off my friend who's trying to kill me

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 07:32 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Some of the charm of GoldenEye is that it is so intuitive so that it's not hard to get into, a re-make shouldn't add too many things, or else it will be like most FPS' these days.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 04:06 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

true.. not to mention doing those missions on 007 back in the day was sure to give me a few pre-mature grey hairs messed

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 08:03 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

brilliant game, when I was just turning into a teenager we had this out at the golf course, everybody played the game round the clock. On Multiplayer I ranked 3rd out of everybody, I couldnt compete with the other 2.

Ahh! This game was just amazing. Fav character is always gonna be 006, Alec! favourite level would be....Bunker 2 or the Dam.

Haha, the soundtrack whilst doing missions is something else,

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:34 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

They've always been really slow. The Perfect Dark sequel was originally going to be on the N64.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:44 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And featuring kids.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 02:48 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
They've always been really slow. The Perfect Dark sequel was originally going to be on the N64.

Yeah but they used to be faster, faster then very slow is still slow.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 06:42 AM