KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Fan Fiction Archives

Fan Fiction Archives
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Isn't that weird that two people can have such completely different images? Lol! I love it, that's why psychology is amazing. What is especially fun is neither one of us can ever be right...unless there is a prequel that goes way back.

The shrunken head intrigues me, but I don't understand it either. Oh, but we are in agreement that I don't think she ever was married to Teague. Did Teague kill her? Did she somehow bring about her own destruction? How long had it been since Jack had seen her? I also think that there had to be either a falling out or a very long stretch of time where Jack didn't see her for him to not be affected by her death...or at least not show it in front of Teague.

Or...(possibilities are endless with this woman) maybe she'd been dead a while? Is there a chance that Jack asked it to be coy or in knowing that Teague had hidden the body or something only to be surprised by the fact the head had been shrunk? It's such an interesting idea.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 02:14 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Ooooooooo I LOVE the idea of Teague killing her!!! Not because I'm a sadist, but because that would be incredibly angsty and intense. hahaha.

i DID write a history of Jack's mother, in which I had her freeze to death in a park in london after overdosing on opium after meeting Jack as a young boy for the first time since she actually had him. i tried to tie in a bit about the shrunken head. it didn't make much sense but it was one of the funnest things I've ever written. completely loopy. have you not read it? it is stuck into my other fic somewhere--- the one in which i mess all the characters up. big grin

Willo, you really OUGHT to write a biography. I for one, would LOVE to read it--- it would be fascinating. there are endless, endless things you could write about him--- such a complex character... oh Jack...

I never really liked Teague, which is perhaps why I didn't want to pair him with someone like Elizabeth... Teague struck me as emotionally removed and quite scary... but of course, that could just be my feelings about Richards getting in the way, haha...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 04:11 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

oo oo I Loved Pearls! The fact that the story was told backwards was fun! Very Orginal and it was because of that story that i feel like I know Jack better. She really took a lot of the history that we know of Jack's past from the movies and video games and she really made it her own! After reading Pearls I had the feeling like I knew Jack and where he came from.

The love story between Jack and Liz was amazing too!! I Loved it!! Very Hot scenes and a lot of angst!! I recomend that story to anyone who loves a great read! smile

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 04:14 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I felt the same Diva...it was like a little backwards puzzle that came together as we went forward (erm backwards) and it was completely hot and amazing.

As for the Jack's mother thing...I loved yours kate...and you should really write one too willo. I never imagined her to be married to Teague either. And I always imagined that she'd been dead (and a shrunken head) for a while so that Jack had gotten over t if he'd been that upset to begin with.

Savarna is an interesting take on Jack's family. Savarna and the Flying Dutchman are my other two favorites...

Freedom...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 09:09 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
She's an interesting character, Jack's mom, even if we only see a shot or two of her shrunken head! I don't see her as a whore, either, tex. Somewhere along the line Jack got something of an education and did work for the EITC at one time, so she had to be at least a little respectable. I kind of see her as I see Elizabeth, like maybe she was a middle class girl who led a double life. On the surface she was just another member of society but was dating a pirate and little by little, she had more and more of her own adventures. It's my guess that she was almost a single parent since Teague doesn't seem too fatherly and he and Jack don't appear to be all that close, so she had to be tough.
I heard, at the end of the show, Jack had his mom's head tied to his belt, for some reason, like a rabbit's foot, i.m.h.o. I see Jack's mom as a nobody still for some reason, trying to kick it off. That means, we should put Jack in the guilt, for rubbing in to us about his dead mother.
Originally posted by katelovespirate
Pearls was an interesting one. I didn't finish it, but I certainly liked the premise. Sleepy Lotus was one of my favs--- but I got seriously upset when she never finished one or other of her stories I was hooked on...

Willo, I think we have entirely opposite views of Jack's mother. wink haha. I had in my head Jack's mother as not married to Teague, Indian, a high-class whore employed by the East India Company, and a total drug addict. You know, something of a mystic, not all there. I was very intrigued by the "shrunken head" bit of Pirates 3 (not quite sure I understood it, but...) and interpreted it in the sense that there was something magical/supernatural about her that she might not have been aware of. And mostly, that she had almost no contact with Jack and died when he was still fairly young, hence his tendency to objectify and simplify women. Until he met Elizabeth that is. haha.
That reminds me of the Asian Jacks Thread. That would be interseting if he was Indian. Anyway, he is involved in the E.I.T.Co. India was a popular country, even in Chinese-Indonesia, because of its religion, though, so, you might want to think that one over again. The magic about her could just be that she was crazy. It is brutal when you are able to think of the head. I think Teague has become a stupid icon, as well. He does not really connect to Jack, and, that, I really wonder why, now.
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Isn't that weird that two people can have such completely different images? Lol! I love it, that's why psychology is amazing. What is especially fun is neither one of us can ever be right...unless there is a prequel that goes way back.

The shrunken head intrigues me, but I don't understand it either. Oh, but we are in agreement that I don't think she ever was married to Teague. Did Teague kill her? Did she somehow bring about her own destruction? How long had it been since Jack had seen her? I also think that there had to be either a falling out or a very long stretch of time where Jack didn't see her for him to not be affected by her death...or at least not show it in front of Teague.

Or...(possibilities are endless with this woman) maybe she'd been dead a while? Is there a chance that Jack asked it to be coy or in knowing that Teague had hidden the body or something only to be surprised by the fact the head had been shrunk? It's such an interesting idea.
What if we could make a game where people assign personality types to the characters in POTC. If you saw Monster House for Halloween 2006, they have a similar situation to the issue you brought up here. I think this lady was in another world. I was writing about Cho Chang in the Harry Potter Forum, how I thought she seemed a b*** because being an asian character Harry was really hurting her racially himself and she could not take it anymore physically, as that bad feeling you get when you have to leave before it is too late. Yea, I usually just know that/when older people are just stupid s***. Might as well, do not care about them. I mean, there must be something in life everyone is jealous of being.
Originally posted by katelovespirate
Ooooooooo I LOVE the idea of Teague killing her!!! Not because I'm a sadist, but because that would be incredibly angsty and intense. hahaha.

i DID write a history of Jack's mother, in which I had her freeze to death in a park in london after overdosing on opium after meeting Jack as a young boy for the first time since she actually had him. i tried to tie in a bit about the shrunken head. it didn't make much sense but it was one of the funnest things I've ever written. completely loopy. have you not read it? it is stuck into my other fic somewhere--- the one in which i mess all the characters up. big grin

Willo, you really OUGHT to write a biography. I for one, would LOVE to read it--- it would be fascinating. there are endless, endless things you could write about him--- such a complex character... oh Jack...

I never really liked Teague, which is perhaps why I didn't want to pair him with someone like Elizabeth... Teague struck me as emotionally removed and quite scary... but of course, that could just be my feelings about Richards getting in the way, haha...
I am having problems with writing stories.... I do not like to forget things that bother me. I want to write a story about Jack's parents, now, though, anyway. Oh goody, I can use my account at fanfiction.net, but, maybe, I should find one that does not allow comments or if I change it, there. What am I interested in, now, though: laundry, finishing my room for once in my life. After I achieve this, and onto redoing my wardrobe, I will be able to be normal and have a life and read, again. (I am still reading the fanfiction, now, though. big grin) I am just beginning to get back to my thing, where I am in the shower, a lot, this week. Of course, being a weakling, I spend a lot of time just walking and to get off aannyy fat. It does not quite blow my brain away, maybe, because I do not have one. I am still catching up on a decade/dozen years of sleep, as well. I while away a lot in music; maybe, I want to be the next A.J. or Girl Authority (Country?,) too. I have missed reading, like, forever. It sounds like everyone on here plows through lots of fanfiction. I read through e-mails to me, if I ever got any, in a, like, split moment, though. I wonder what books I shall read/finish next. Oh boy, I, still, am on Harry Potter 6..... I have music, on, for my ears, to clear them (they have been this way since a certain point, in the dorms, when I quit the music major,) and I have to stop reading, usually, always.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 01:47 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

is savarna a livejournal fic? i think i saw the summary for it the other day but haven't had a chance to look at it yet, i just thought it was ironic we both used that name. not exactly a common guess. or perhaps it is common if you are indian--- lol.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 02:01 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you, indian? (Rhetorical statement; no one here shares their race..) I am from Florida, and, only, losers believe in race, outside of how you live.

(No offense or anything, just concerned, really. sad )

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 02:05 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"Willo, you really OUGHT to write a biography. I for one, would LOVE to read it--- it would be fascinating. there are endless, endless things you could write about him--- such a complex character... oh Jack...

I never really liked Teague, which is perhaps why I didn't want to pair him with someone like Elizabeth... Teague struck me as emotionally removed and quite scary... but of course, that could just be my feelings about Richards getting in the way, haha..."------Kate

Teague is scary, but he's a writer's dream. I am intrigued by him and his relationship with Jack. I wasn't sure about Keith Richards (he's scary too to me, lol) but I thought he played the role just right. It wasn't campy or one of those where they are kind of winking at the camera, if that makes sense.

Yes, I think Sarvana is a livejournal fic. The link to it is somewhere on this thread because that's the only way I could have gotten to it. I don't go exploring live journals much. lol. You know, maybe sometime when I'm not in the middle of moving I will write out Jack's bio. See how he became the eccentric we all love.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 02:16 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

there's a good number of fics on this thread i mean to read, but i just got caught up to "have we met before" and i am completely ficced out--- mentally exhausted from all the twists, turns, and angst!

Willo, how IS packing and moving coming, by the way?! Hopefully good! I do hope you get some free time when you're settled to write that biography... that would be lovely.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 03:00 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Thanks. It would be a fun project to have a partner on, hint hint. I'm sure with as different as our views are, we could come up with something really good that is better than either of us alone could have come up on our own.

I don't know how far I got in "Have We Met Before." I'm not a fan of amnesia stories, so it didn't appeal to me, but that's nothing against the author. She's very good. You know what would be interesting? A sparrabeth story from a man's perspective...not that men and women are totally different when it comes to writing, but it seems most authors are the same sex and close to the same age.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 06:47 PM
katelovespirate

Florencia is amazing because she takes all the things I would never be able to make believable happen in my head (MULTIPLE amnesia-inducing accidents, Jack and Elizabeth actually getting MARRIED, Jack being a good father, Will being a total bastard, etc) and makes them so believable, so utterly un-arguably perfect... i mean, she made me hate Barbossa for crying out loud, and i never do that.

Hey Partner, i would LOVE to co-op on that project. That would be a total blast. I'm all in, whenever and however you want to do it. Let me just get through my mid terms this week.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 09:07 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

ok Kate I can't believe u haven't read Savarna? But something you must know Savarna is a sequal to The Flying Dutchman (a very lovely, beautiful story). So if you want to read it I recomend you read The Flying Dutchman first!

Elizabeth has been faithful to Will for ten years, but only days from his return, an old pirate friend shows up to complicate things badly. Based on the original story of The Flying Dutchman. JE WE Character death! Tragic ending you've been warned!---And she means it when she says tragic ending...I cried!

The Flying Dutchman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3624139/1/

Jack and young William Turner must find a way to rescue Elizabeth from the Locker, in this sequel to 'The Flying Dutchman'. But there are forces out there on the seas that have their own plans for them. JE----Little Will honestly not a pansy, so please don't be turned off by the Will spawn...lol! Jack's relationship with the boy is adorable.

Savarna
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3656170/1/Savarna

Good thing is that both stories are now complete! big grin

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Last edited by PirateDiva on Mar 3rd, 2008 at 09:11 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 09:09 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

These links look interesting and mighty long.

Actually.. I just got some ideas for sum fanfic.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 11:03 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Okay, I wrote a short fic that takes place between COTBP and DMC as requested, but I cannot access fanfiction.net from work. Since I am moving, my internet at home has been a little screwy and I'm not sure if I would be able to get on there from home. Does anyone know a way I can post my fic somewhere where it will be read?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 06:41 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

livejournal??? Here? (If it's not too long that is)
Maybe you could mail it to someone here and they could post it...with credit to you of course big grin

Good luck with the moving!!

Freedom...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:18 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It's its own thread here, ladies! It is in between COTBP and DMC. I hope you like it. I will post it on fanfiction.net when I get the chance.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 08:01 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I'm excited (runs over to read it)

Freedom...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 08:10 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3567973...ds_End_Stumbled

I can't believe I didn't find this until after the sparrabeth award submissions were over. So I'm doing the next best thing and recommending it. It's a one-shot and it's beautiful. I haven't read any fic that has this kind of scene. Please give it a shot and review for the talented lady.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 12:38 AM
katelovespirate

Okay guys, get ready to have a literary orgasm...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4174450...s_the_Moonlight

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 02:25 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4064096..._One_Snowflakes

Promise you'll never read another fic like this. It's not sparrabeth, but it is the story of Liz's parents.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 02:47 AM