KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » MGS4 Bosses/characters vs MGS1 bosses/characters

MGS4 Bosses/characters vs MGS1 bosses/characters
Started by: kamikz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

MGS4 Bosses/characters vs MGS1 bosses/characters

Some spoilers of characters from MGS4, so don't check if you don't want some secrets about them spoiled.

The renegade Foxhound and the two intruders of Shadow moses face off against the B&B unit and their superiors. (Plus Old Snake and Raiden)

You simply state who wins in the matches that are already put in there, then if you feel like it, you can match the survivors against each other to see which team prevails.

MGS1: Gray Fox vs Raiden : MGS4

Solid Snake vs Old Snake.

Liquid Snake vs Liquid Ocelot. (Unarmed, since we don't see anything else from LO.)

Vulcan Raven vs Raging Raven.

Ocelot vs Laughing Octopus.

Sniper Wolf vs Crying Wolf.

Psycho Mantis vs Screaming Mantis.

Since Decoy Octopus is basically worthless, I'll just put Gray Fox back again...

Gray Fox vs Vamp. (One with Vamp as he normally is, and one when his nanomachines are suppressed.

Every fight is where you fight the characters in MGS1. So Gray Fox matches = Hal's Laboratory, etc.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Last edited by kamikz on Jun 18th, 2008 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 06:47 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Well seeing how Psycho Mantis was controlling Screaming Mantis....

I also believe Raiden was a lot stronger

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 06:49 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Very true Mairuzu.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 07:04 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

---Judging from what ive seen in the game, raiden was a lot stronger than gray fox

---Solid snake takes the cake

Liquid Snake vs Liquid Ocelot. (Unarmed, since we don't see anything else from LO.)
--- If you base it off the final battle, Liquid ocelot was tougher than liquid snake

---I'm gonna have to go with Raging raven because of her speed and flight ability

---This sounds like an interesting fight, i really don't know...

---Well seeing how crying wolf has the machine to guard her

then again Sniperwolf has very good accuracy

well seeing how psycho mantis was controlling screaming mantis....

Since Decoy Octopus is basically worthless, I'll just put Gray Fox back again...

Gray Fox vs Vamp. (One with Vamp as he normally is, and one when his nanomachines are suppressed.
---- Gray fox

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 07:05 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Gray Fox, Raiden might've owned those Gekkos but when it came to fighting someone half decent he got owned.
Well, they're essentially the same person so I'm gonna go with Old Snake. His only real disadvantage is back pains, as long as he keeps poppin' that syringe in. Besides, he has the solid eye and octocamo.
Going to have to say Liquid ocelot. The guy can take a hit, and he's as limber as ever.
Tough call, and I don't know where this fight is taking place. But if I had to venture at a guess I'd say Raging Raven. She's got speed and the snow on her side, if she flies high enough she might be able to become pretty much invisible to Vulcan, and sneak attack him with the grenade launcher. If she flies low though Vulcan will tear her up.
Laughing octopus for sure. Octocamo and rolling ball of death lead to a quick win. Aside from that Ocelot only has a six-shot, and she can deflect bullets.
Depends, if Crying wolf is smart she'll just charge at Sniper and beat the shat out of her. But if she tries to snipe I think Sniper wolf might win.
I guess psycho since he's controlling her.

Gray Fox for the win, Raiden was stupid and didn't finish it when he had the chance. Besides I think GF is the better fighter out of Raiden and him. So GF gets Vamp down and lops off his head, end of story.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 07:26 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Interesting views guys.

Oh, and for the sake of the fight (since it's already established he'd control her), let's make Psycho Mantis unable to control Screaming Mantis, and they'll have to match each other with their powers. (Like, shooting electricity, moving objects, throwing knives, controlling nanomachines, etc.)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 07:39 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

If he wasn't controlling her

he'd control her right away hahahahah

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 08:51 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I'd like to focus more on Grey fox vs Raiden...

Raiden seems more skilled with his sword...

for crying out loud he used his foot! and his mouth!

not to mention stopping outer haven from hitting snake... i mean come on, he also lived through multible stabs wounds in and out

loss two arms...

one of which he cut off himself

Raiden wins

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 09:13 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Those are some good points for Raiden. Another one to prove his awesome swordsmanship is that he defeated Solidus 6 years earlier, while Solidus had a powered suit that enhanced all his abilities, two snake arms (similar to Laughing Octopus') and two swords. Now he has 5/6 years of more experienced and training, and he has an exoskeleton himself which increases all his abilities.

Last edited by kamikz on Jun 18th, 2008 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 09:25 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

agreed

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 09:42 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I think Raiden outclasses GF in MGS4, as Mair stated why...that guy can take a hell of a beating and still gets up to fight again.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 09:46 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Yeah but the problem is when he gets up to fight he gets his ass handed to him. He can take on mindless Gekko's and frogs, but he got owned both times he fought Vamp.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 10:04 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

he's beaten vamp 3 times already

and vamp is not an easy target

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 10:11 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Think of it this way, whos alive right now? stick out tongue

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 11:07 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I never quite got this one, was Vamp faking loss the first time Raiden and he fought in MGS4? (Where he fell backwards, and Raiden did his victory pose thing). Did he sustain enough damage to have to re-awaken with his nanos, or did he fake unconsciousness because he wanted Naomi to get away?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 11:39 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Think of it this way, whos alive right now? stick out tongue

Raiden because he's a frickin' robot. Raiden got the crap kicked out of him both times he fought Vamp. If he had the same system as Vamp in that second fight he'd be dead. He got his frickin' hands stabbed into his back. Raiden's just not that good of a fighter compared to someone of GF's caliber.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 11:51 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

He still has his heart in tact.

We don't exactly know how good GF would have been against vamp... we'll never know

He only got one hand stabbed into his back, that was actually kinda funny

Again, vamp isn't just any soldier, hes very skilled.

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 12:11 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

He still has his heart in tact.

We don't exactly know how good GF would have been against vamp... we'll never know

He only got one hand stabbed into his back, that was actually kinda funny

Again, vamp isn't just any soldier, hes very skilled.

He had both stabbed into his back, watch the video again. Vamp is skilled yes, but are you saying the GF isn't? Raiden relies too heavily upon his robotic form to save him, he has shat for defenses. Imagine what would've happened in either of his vamp fights if he hadn't had that suit. He just took pretty much everything Vamp threw at him, now that's all fine and dandy when you're getting little knives thrown at you, but when you have a blade go through you, not quite the same affect.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 12:23 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Of course GF is skilled, thats a give in

GF without a suit is nothing as well

and did you not see raiden still got up and fought after sticking a blade inside himself? or cutting off his own arm?

or getting stabbed by 4 enemies?

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 06:25 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Of course GF is skilled, thats a give in

GF without a suit is nothing as well

and did you not see raiden still got up and fought after sticking a blade inside himself? or cutting off his own arm?

or getting stabbed by 4 enemies?

I'm pretty sure after he stabbed himself and Vamp the fight ended, could be wrong but if it didn't end there it ended shortly after. Though it is true losing his arm did little. I'm not talking about a petty little stab though, I'm talking about Gray Fox lopping stuff off, or sticking stuff straight through him. Raiden stabbed himself, and didn't seem to even try to block Vamp's blades. GF on the other hand dodges like crazy, he relies heavily on defense as well as offense. I just don't think Raiden has enough defensive skills to win it for him.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 08:38 AM