KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Who is the most popular videogame character?

Who is the most popular videogame character?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It really is.

Oh... Sonic. How you've fallen.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 12:55 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I dunno; Sonic gives Mario a huge run for his money in this field. Heck Sonic is so popular he was the first video game character to be placed in the Macy Day Parade.

I dont think Sonic is anywhere near Mario in popularity. The name "Sonic" has become a joke almost in the game industry.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 12:59 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

i thought it became a joke around the time of Sonic 06

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 01:01 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yea Sonic is the closest to Mario, but hes still not close. If I put a picture of Sonic infront of my 93 year old grandma she wouldnt know who it is, if I did the same with Mario she'd kow exactly who it was even though shes prolly never even seen a Mario game in her life.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 01:13 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Sonic may not be as popular as Mario but he is WAAAAY cooler, Mario is close to the bottom of the barrel for me.

I do think that Sonic and Pacman are the most popular non Nintenedo dudes.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 11:21 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

oh yea forgot sonic. ryu is up there from street fighter, yoshi used to be pretty well known, dante from devil may cry is pretty well known too.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 10:54 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Dante can suck the fattest part of my dick.

It is obviously Mario.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 12:05 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Dante can suck the fattest part of my dick.

It is obviously Mario.

he can, but hed much rather slice it to ribbons with his huge sword and eternal coolness.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:27 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dante? Well known? Ha. I doubt there's very many non-gamers who know who the hell Dante is. He's just your generic transsexual anime character... He's not nearly as iconic as 99% of Nintendo's people. Donkey Kong, Peach, even freakin' Wario is probably more well known then Dante.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:35 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by leonheartmm
dante from devil may cry is pretty well known too.

Who?

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 07:08 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Mario.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 03:22 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by leonheartmm
he can, but hed much rather slice it to ribbons with his huge sword and eternal coolness.
Nah. The little pussy would suck it all night long as I pimp slap the shit out of his queer, overrated, man-bra wearin ass.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 03:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Kratos is a popular video game character. I still think Mario's cool and all but his games started to bore me half to death. Nintendo fanboys are gonna spew angry nonsense at me now are they?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 07:36 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Mario at first
Luigi at second.
After that it gets really hard, the Tetris blocks maybe.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 07:40 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Pac-man, mario, sonic

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 07:41 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Kratos is a popular video game character. I still think Mario's cool and all but his games started to bore me half to death. Nintendo fanboys are gonna spew angry nonsense at me now are they?

I wouldn't say Kratos' fame goes beyond the knowledge of an at least marginally Sony-savvy gamer, of which there are many nowadays of course. The same can be said about Dante. They're not icons so much as they are "high-tier mascots"--once you know of them, you probably won't forget about them.

Anyway, Mario is a given, he's THE video game icon. Sonic, DK, Link, etc. are all just as easy to remember. Ryu of Street Fighter should be recognizable even if you don't know his name (the same can be said for Chun-Li). As far as the modern crowd is concerned, I do believe Solid Snake is certainly popular and well-known enough to justify calling him an icon, he's more recgnizable than even some of Nintendo's characters. Oh, and Metal Gear kinda, you know...pioneered the stealth-action genre. I'd probably put him where I put Ryu, only his name is more likely to be known.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 02:59 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Dante? Well known? Ha. I doubt there's very many non-gamers who know who the hell Dante is. He's just your generic transsexual anime character... He's not nearly as iconic as 99% of Nintendo's people. Donkey Kong, Peach, even freakin' Wario is probably more well known then Dante.

A lot of hardcore gamers probably never even heard of Dante. Mario is number one with Sonic at number two and more or less it would be Pacman.

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Anyway, Mario is a given, he's THE video game icon. Sonic, DK, Link, etc. are all just as easy to remember. Ryu of Street Fighter should be recognizable even if you don't know his name (the same can be said for Chun-Li). As far as the modern crowd is concerned, I do believe Solid Snake is certainly popular and well-known enough to justify calling him an icon, he's more recgnizable than even some of Nintendo's characters. Oh, and Metal Gear kinda, you know...pioneered the stealth-action genre. I'd probably put him where I put Ryu, only his name is more likely to be known.

MGS wouldn't be on that list. Sells for the MGS series has been going down since the first MGS game. For the modern era it would be more or likely Master Chief but he will never come as close to the fame Mario has achieved.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 03:56 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Mario. Without a doubt.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 06:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dark-Jaxx, tone down the vulgarity, thank you.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 07:06 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by ESB -1138
A lot of hardcore gamers probably never even heard of Dante. Mario is number one with Sonic at number two and more or less it would be Pacman.

MGS wouldn't be on that list. Sells for the MGS series has been going down since the first MGS game. For the modern era it would be more or likely Master Chief but he will never come as close to the fame Mario has achieved.

erm sales for the mgs games have been going UP since the first mgs game.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 09:16 PM