KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The best first person shooter ever...

Which is the best most memerable first person shooter ever?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - PS2/Xbox 3 5.56%
Call of Duty 4 - PS3/Xbox 360 11 20.37%
GoldenEye - N64 17 31.48%
Medal of Honor - PS1 0 0%
Battlefield: Bad Company - PS3/Xbox 360 0 0%
Metroid Prime - Gamecube 1 1.85%
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway - PS3/Xbox 360 1 1.85%
Halo 3 - Xbox 360 10 18.52%
Half-Life 2 - PS3/Xbox 360 7 12.96%
Perfect Dark - N64 4 7.41%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The best first person shooter ever...
Started by: Jedireaper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Well yeah... You may notice that each of the games I selected were the stepping stones of the First Person Shooters of the fully 3d rendered era. Doom was good for its time, and Duke Nukem 3D was always a favorite of mine. However neither were truly 3D, nor did they have anything in the way of realistically designed levels or objects (Though Duke Nukem was very impressive to a 6-7 year old).

Anyway; Here is how I'd rate them as being the most memorable:

1. GoldenEye 007
[ties with]
1. Medal of Honor & MoH: Underground
2. TimeSplitters FP
3. Duke Nukem 3D
4. TimeSplitters 2
5. Killzone
6. Black
[ties with]
6. Cold Winter (amazing game)
7. Perfect Dark (N64)
8. Call of Duty 4
9. DooM
10. James Bond - Nightfire (wasn't bad)

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 12:14 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

You forgot to put Halo on that list. It is in my opinion, one of the most fun FPS's around.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 11:46 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Wolfenstein

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 06:26 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

There is no game in the genre that I like better than Crysis and Crysis Warhead, imo the best that are out atm Half Life 2 with it's exspansions coming VERY close smile

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 07:39 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It's been more than a month and I can certainly say that MW2 deserves to be in the top 5 best shooters of all time. Best friggin shooter in YEARS!

MW2 is EPIC WIN.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2009 09:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

in no particular order...

Half-Life 2 (all games and episodes counted) for atmosphere, originality in design, and realization of the HL world. It was stunning from moment to moment, each new chapter bringing another fan-bloody-tastic set piece.

Modern Warfare as a set, so far... for intense action, and "wow..THAT was cooool" moments, ie; Gulag beginning, and the entirety of 'All Gillied Up' - imo prolly the best fpshooter chapter in gaming history.

Deus Ex, best dystopian story telling in any game ever, THE game for the conspiracy lover, horrible graphically, but even so, that surely makes the case that Story/Gameplay >> Graphics. Very nice set pieces aswell, namely the defence and escape from Pauls aprtment in Hells kitchen, and the infiltration of the Ocean Lab complex, heart pounding on the first playthrough My personal Fav.

F.E.A.R - No game before or since has made me shit my pants like it. Gunplay was also awsome, epitome of atmospheric. First time i fought "smart" AI.

and finally, Bioshock. Creepy as hell, wonderfully realised world, best sound design in any fps, somthing about the 50s soundtrack gave me the right willies. Originality was spot on. Compelling gaming any way you slice it. The way ammo was always scarce kept you on edge, limited resources always make for a more adreniline filled experience.

Honourable mention to Goldneye multiplayer for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Juk3n on Dec 19th, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2009 11:27 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote