KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » SF1 Ryu VS Rock Howard

SF1 Ryu VS Rock Howard
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jayct

Rock takes this one. SF1 Ryu is very inexperienced and his only power feat is smashing a block of bricks and slabs...which is a bonus stage and most likely not even canon.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 06:10 PM
Jayct is currently offline Click here to Send Jayct a Private Message Find more posts by Jayct Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Rock never destroyed a mansion...so it's still a tie, imo.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
The Dark hadou tempts the user with unequaled near unlimited potential fighting energy, and the skill to defeat any opponent. But the price is incredibly high, Once you use the dark ahdou to take life, if you stain your hands with the blood of death usingh the Killing intent, then you are trapped within an endless cycle of victories, you can never know your true potential, and you only seek death in combat.

Essentially it's a Fighters curse, but the Dark Hadou has a more sinister edge to it. For those who cannot control it at will, and use it to kill reguardless of consequence, then they become maddened monsters, incapable of rational human though, all they seek is battle, and will stop at nothing to bathe in the sights and sounds of fighting and destruction.

For those like Akuma, who can utilise the Dark Hadou at will, they become no less inhuman... they become cold, detached, and although they seek out battle, they do it in a cold- calculating and methodical way, seeking out only the worthy, looking for the one who can kill them and set them free from mortality.

So you see, they con's far surpass the pro's of the Dark Hadou, even it's current master (Akuma/Gouki) seeks death in battle to end the curse.
That's bad ass, dude. I wanna use the dark hadou, now.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:44 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Ryu training in a dojo with ken is trye, but sado forgot to mentioned they where being mentored by the then greatest martial artist on the planet - Gouken.

yes, but Ryu never sparred with Gouken. even in official art all we see them do is perform katas and specific moves together. but nothing else, while Rock not only sparred with Terry but watched him fight AND got into fights of his own.

~Sado

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 05:14 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Sado22
yes, but Ryu never sparred with Gouken. even in official art all we see them do is perform katas and specific moves together. but nothing else, while Rock not only sparred with Terry but watched him fight AND got into fights of his own.

~Sado

That doesn't make it any less effective, gouken had to at least show them the techniques for thwem to use them, and he was guiding them all along. This goes back to the Terry vs Ryu debate, reread that thread about the "Dojo Dorking" bit. It's not as bad as you seem to make it sound.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 07:15 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
That doesn't make it any less effective, gouken had to at least show them the techniques for thwem to use them, and he was guiding them all along. This goes back to the Terry vs Ryu debate, reread that thread about the "Dojo Dorking" bit. It's not as bad as you seem to make it sound.

like i said, Gouken was a grandmaster in his own right and he obviously taught ryu everything he needed to know on the theory level. totally agree. but at the end of the day he wasn't fighting for survival nor was he trading blows with gouken. not like Rock was with his trainer, Terry. not like terry was with the people he fought in the streets of Southtown.
Dojo dorking at the end of the day is like a controlled lab experiment. not feild work.
THAT is the difference.

~Sado

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 08:11 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

And that makes it any more or less effective... How?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 11:05 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

because theory is one thing. on-hands experience is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. imitating your master is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. fighting for survival on the streets is another.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 02:29 PM
Darkstorm Zero

because theory is one thing. on-hands experience is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. imitating your master is another.
sparring in a dojo is one thing. fighting for survival on the streets is another.

Theory it was not, it was guyided practice, sparring, and perfecting a fighting art.

By the time he fought Sagat, he had already fought on all corners of the planet, against several styles, and beat them all...

The World Warrior tournament was a fight for survival, and Ryu passed...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:15 PM
No End N Site

Trainin' wit the worlds strongest in a Dojo for years>>>>>>>>>>>beatin' up punks for years....

-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 06:37 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
By the time he fought Sagat, he had already fought on all corners of the planet, against several styles, and beat them all.

SF1 was the first time he left home, darko. he didn't become a professional hobbo until gouken was killed...and that happened AFTER SF1.

quote:
Theory it was not, it was guyided practice, sparring, and perfecting a fighting art.

it was a rough example, foo.
guidance=got from terry
sparring=gouken never sparred with ryu
perfecting=got from terry

so that's one of the three things that Ryu never got. yes, i know Gouken was great and all that but at the end of the day Ryu only had dojo training. not hands-on street survival fighting. THAT is the point. why is it so hard to understand? its a simple point. even if you get the best teacher in the world, as long as you don't have experience and hands-on experience of real fighting your dojo dorking wont get you anywhere with a real fighter. a fact well demonstrated in Ryu pwnage at the hands of Sagat.

quote:
Trainin' wit the worlds strongest in a Dojo for years>>>>>>>>>>>beatin' up punks for years

bullshit. all gouken ever did was get his ass smacked around, has no feats, and rips off Marco from MOTW, and whose only greatest feat is being dead for almost a decade.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Nov 19th, 2008 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 06:59 PM
No End N Site

bullshit. all gouken ever did was get his ass smacked around, has no feats, and rips off Marco from MOTW, and whose only greatest feat is being dead for almost a decade.

~Sado
Seriously? The dude was on Alpha Akuma level, beat Akuma, master of Ansatsuken and can lift water off entire waterfalls wit regular punches. Some of the things you say about SF characters makes it hard to take you seriously, dude.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 07:09 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

till SF4 gouken has no feats. thats the point. when he died he had no feats. when he trained ryu he had no feats. this was all during SF1 when he had no feats.
and "BEATING SOMEONE IS NOT A FEAT" mofo

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 07:11 PM
No End N Site

till SF4 gouken has no feats. thats the point. when he died he had no feats. when he trained ryu he had no feats. this was all during SF1 when he had no feats.
and "BEATING SOMEONE IS NOT A FEAT" mofo

I know "BEATING SOMEONE IS NOT A FEAT" I've been tellin' you that since forever, I'm glad you get it now.

Gouken doesn't need feats if the creators tell you he can rival Akuma. No one on earth at that time was on Akuma's level...except...Gouken.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 07:28 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Gouken doesn't need feats if the creators tell you he can rival Akuma. No one on earth at that time was on Akuma's level...except...Gouken.

so Jinpachi can destroy all existence on earth then and hence>>Gouki right?

and Gouken beat down rookie Gouki who still hadn't reached full potential at the time. m0ther****ker, i'm talking SF1, foo. don't be talkin SF4 with me!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 07:33 PM
No End N Site

so Jinpachi can destroy all existence on earth then and hence>>Gouki right?
Kinda, if the game says he can then why not, but seein' as how he can only do so when there are no other characters to stop'im and Akuma is no regular human and does not exist in Tekken, he will step to Akuma and get phucked up...ROYALLY laughing

and Gouken beat down rookie Gouki who still hadn't reached full potential at the time. m0ther****ker, i'm talking SF1, foo. don't be talkin SF4 with me!
What you say don't matter. Capcom still has given evidence that Akuma and Gouken are around the same level and that the only reason Akuma won was cuz he used the SGS and Gouken wouldn't. Thus Gouken was the best in the world when Ryu was in his dojo days. Akuma was that "rookie" durin' the dojo days and was not the best which proves my point.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 08:36 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
What you say don't matter. Capcom still has given evidence that Akuma and Gouken are around the same level and that the only reason Akuma won was cuz he used the SGS and Gouken wouldn't. Thus Gouken was the best in the world when Ryu was in his dojo days. Akuma was that "rookie" durin' the dojo days and was not the best which proves my point.

no, after their first fight Gouken warned ryu and ken, that akuma would return and at that time he'd be stronger than gouken. by the time they fought, Gouken was smackead around as always. and here's the real biatch.....there is no evidence that he used the SGS.
get your facts straight.

~Sado

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 09:00 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Smacked around as always? How many times has Gouken been smacked around? You doing the typical "Sado hates SF characters so he says bullshit about them so you shouldn't pay attention to him" shit?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 07:22 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

got pwned in all his fights no expression
stop b!tchin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:11 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

I simply asked you how many times. Answer please. Give me a number

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 06:46 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

He can't...........

-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 07:41 PM