KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » How do you react when you play a bad videogame?

How do you react when you play a bad videogame?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Re: How do you react when you play a bad videogame?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
If you bought or rented a videogame and it's so awful, how would you react?

I would just return the game to the store and get my money back.

Then again, that has never happened before (and might never happen in the future) since I only buy games that I know I'll like.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 04:21 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Has anyone bought say, an older game that's bad simply for the infamy/design/collection? Pirate Nintendo games from Wisdom Tree/Color Dreams come in awesome bright blue cartridges and sometimes playing them can be a real exercise in skill because of bad design, like Menace Beach. Plus I encourage anyone to try and play the insane American version of Bayou Billy or Silver Surfer, the two hardest games ever made.
Oh, and those old infamous licensed games from LJN are horrible but sometimes the music is awesome like X-Men.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 06:48 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I read reviews so I usually know what to expect.

But on the rare chance that a game is just awful when I was expecting it to be good/decent, I'll either just stop playing it and sell it/bury it or I'll force myself to finish it. I'm a sadist like that. It's what I did with Assassin's Creed. Crap game, but still finished it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 09:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I throw/destroy the CD.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 10:03 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I make a face like that girl they found in the closet, in The Ring

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 01:39 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Re: How do you react when you play a bad videogame?

Originally posted by Nemesis X
If you bought or rented a videogame and it's so awful, how would you react?
I take it back and if it's so bad that it's funny, I'd bring some friends over and we would have comedy night.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 07:46 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

when im REALLY mad, i put the disk, horizntally above the anus of backfire's next victim.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 02:18 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

I chop my wang off.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 05:01 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I once bought a bad game and I responded to this situation by knocking books off a shelf and started to curse.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 08:39 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by BackFire
I read reviews so I usually know what to expect.

That's really too bad. There are certain games that get a shit reputation and bad reviews because they have a steep learning curve or because the control takes a bit to get used to but are actually really good once you get into them. Some examples are Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, Star Fox Assault, Zoda's Revenge, and Street Fighter 2010

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 25th, 2009 11:53 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

and dont forget Psychic Force.. gamepro took a steaming shit on that game.. and it was honestly one of the better fighters I've played.. I stopped really reading reviews after that and went more for the opinions of friends

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 26th, 2009 01:26 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

and then there are games which get perfect 100, and turn out to be ABSOLUTE SHIT!

examples, resident evil 4 {it wasnt revolutionary, it was SHIT}
final fantasy 12{yeah right, this pile of crap shud never have existed, it shits on the face of the entire series. it not INNOVATIVE, its crap}

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:03 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by leonheartmm
examples, resident evil 4 {it wasnt revolutionary, it was SHIT}
The vast majority of RE games are mediocre at best. RE4 was one of the better ones.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

final fantasy 12{yeah right, this pile of crap shud never have existed, it shits on the face of the entire series. it not INNOVATIVE, its crap}

I agree.
As a FF fanatic, the mere fact that it got excellent reviews by so-called "expert gamers" disgusts me.
Shit, that game was one of the CDs I broke laughing

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:38 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by NemeBro
The vast majority of RE games are mediocre at best. RE4 was one of the better ones.

if anything that wud indicate ur inability to appreciate anything other than first person shooters. re 1, 2, 3 were AMAZING games, and code veronica was awesome in its own right.

the ONLY reason res eve 4 sold was because of childish first person shooter fans and people thinking the SCREENSHOTS looked great. obviously, the game is made to make the screen shots loook great, in reality though, it severely limites vision of the surounding, which combined with bad aiming, a BULLSHIT storyline, crapphy physics and no variet, created the WORST resident evil, which shud have had no connection with games from the past.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:47 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

if anything that wud indicate ur inability to appreciate anything other than first person shooters. re 1, 2, 3 were AMAZING games, and code veronica was awesome in its own right.

the ONLY reason res eve 4 sold was because of childish first person shooter fans and people thinking the SCREENSHOTS looked great. obviously, the game is made to make the screen shots loook great, in reality though, it severely limites vision of the surounding, which combined with bad aiming, a BULLSHIT storyline, crapphy physics and no variet, created the WORST resident evil, which shud have had no connection with games from the past.

I played RE2 on PS1 and RE3 on PC, and I thought they were good games.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 10:43 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

the ONLY reason res eve 4 sold was because of childish first person shooter fans and people thinking the SCREENSHOTS looked great.

FPS shooter fans have nothint to do with it since the game is all in Tthird person and as for the the screenshots they look great

quote:
in reality though, it severely limites vision of the surounding

And the other Resident Evil's did'nt limit the vision of the Surroundings with all the pre-redered rooms and such, Resident Evil 4 and 5 gives you more freedom

quote:
which combined with bad aiming,

Bad aiming pffft what a load of crap its not that hard to master

quote:
which shud have had no connection with games from the past.

Which should have.........but it does because the original creator of the other games did Resi 4

sounds like you have Nostalgia problem with the other games all they did was move things foward rather then be stuck in the past with the same old things besides Resi 4 got new people into the series again

I don't see how it shits on the entire series and not being innovative after all it is different exactly like rest of the games.

Last edited by Kazenji on May 26th, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2009 12:50 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

How the hell can anyone dislike Res4 it's just impossible. erm

Old Post May 26th, 2009 11:54 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

resident evil 4 {it wasnt revolutionary, it was SHIT}

*BEEP*

Sorry that wasn't my cellphone that beeped, it was the gaydar that beeped so loud, it sounded like a cellphone beeping.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 12:09 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

1. First of all, my inability to appreciate anything but FPS'? Sir, I would not make random baseless accusations at people, I do not prefer any specific genre of games, I simply prefer GOOD games. 1, 2, 3 were alright, never played CV I admit, but RE4 is better.

2. FPS fans? The game had virtually no relation to any FPS, except having guns in it.

Limits vision of surroundings? Bad aiming? Sir, a game isn't bad just because you suck at it.

Bullshit storyline? Okay...I'm just going to have to say this, the entire collective RE storyline is okay at best. They are not well-known for storyline. Especially RE5. Lol wtf was that shit?

It was better than the games from the past.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 01:07 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote