KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » BlazBlue

BlazBlue
Started by: Konton

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

You should've told us about this game much earlier.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:03 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Konton
-The game looks beautiful. KOFXII doesn't have jack on the detail they spent on this game.

Yeah but KOF doesnt look as stiff as Hokuto no Ken.. this does

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 05:51 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'll spell it out for you.

-The story mode supposedly has 30+ hours of gameplay.

-The worst matchup in the game goes 6/4. It's a very balanced game. You won't be having any impossible matches here (like Sagat vs Vega for example).

-The game looks beautiful. KOFXII doesn't have jack on the detail they spent on this game.

-Superb online experience. There's like a little lag during the loading time before your first match, then it just synchs and you have a perfect connection. I have yet to experience any lag at all.

-Drives create a unique experience

-It's depth greatly surpasses SF4. Not to denounce SF or anything, but BlazBlue has much more options and more to look out for (It's got more bars on the HUD then any other fighter for example).

Vega beating Sagat being impossible? If anything I'd say Zangief actually laying his hands on Seth is "almost" impossible, but still possible.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 12:42 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

This game looks awesome, and I wouldn't mind playing it.

I saw the trailer for the game, and the girl with the umbrella (who was in the video in the opening post) looks like a fun character.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 03:20 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I want this game very much so.

Jin looks like I can beast with.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:17 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i'm buying it today

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 05:17 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

playing now awesome game

is a must buy if you liked guilty gear

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 04:10 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by Black Yoshi
This game looks awesome, and I wouldn't mind playing it.

I saw the trailer for the game, and the girl with the umbrella (who was in the video in the opening post) looks like a fun character.

You mean Rachel Alucard.

Yea, the Limited Edition's are sold out at most Gamestops by now. But you should be able to buy the regular editions. It's so dumb for me though because I got the LE version of the game on the release date and my XBOX crashed on me before I even got to play it. It'll be like three weeks before I get to even try it. It's been getting unusually high reviews for being such a niche game. KOF on the other hand is tanking hard.

ugh

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:59 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

KOF on the other hand is tanking hard.

ugh
Source?.. cuz while blazblue is nice and all.. it doesnt do nearly as much as it could have with the drive system, IMO

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 06:54 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/...-oxm_review.jpg

I know the magazine sucks, but I totally agree.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 12:19 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

you agree because you've played the game?..

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:20 PM
Konton
Homo Magi

I was lucky enough to play it in a Japanese arcade for a short while this last spring. And I think the game's been going downhill for years.

Not having Mai is reason enough to ignore this game.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:07 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I can definitely go with "the character(s) that I like aren't in this game" to be a very valid reason to dislike it.. but that review was probably the worst review I've ever read.. aside from it not being more than 3 or 4 paragraphs ( laughing out loud ), he doesnt really touch down in further detail about any of his statements.. mind you he's not a blogger or just a friend giving an opinion.. he's supposed to be getting paid to really detail the games experience on multiple fronts.. and he doesnt even really touch down on the surface...

I think if you're going to call something like KOFXII crap (as with BlazBlue, or SFIV, etc etc).. then I really want to hear some good fairly detailed reasons.. I mean who whines about the background being too busy?... does the author have A.D.D. or something?.. I really don't get it.. the funny thing is, I'm pretty sure SFIV got like a 9.5 or something...

I really wish they'd let fighting game pro's do the reviewing and not just people who want to go for a button-mash romp through story mode, judging it along the way

One time a while back.. gamepro had given Psychic Force for ps1, like a 3.0 or something with a "mediocre" rating, and did nothing but trash the game.. but when I picked it up it quickly became one of my favorite fighting franchises..

DLC can easily pick up the roster if they bother with that though..
----------

anyways.. I checked the DLC for BB yesterday.. and they have like extra colors on sale for microsoft points -_-..... I really wish they were unlockable instead

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:13 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I KINDA like this game more than SFIV. This game aint as good as a fighter, but man, the presentation is GOOD. This is KOFXII's true rival and knowin' what I know thus far, it seem like this is the best 2D fighter this year. This is IMO, dammit.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 02:28 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

This game is great.

I played it today at a friend's house, and fans of the Guilty Gear franchise should love it.

My best characters are Ragna, Iron Tager, Bang Shishigami(Like Dan, only not a joke character lol), and Hakumen.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 02:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Looks like an awesome game. Shits on KOF XII from what I've seen.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 07:07 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I can definitely go with "the character(s) that I like aren't in this game" to be a very valid reason to dislike it.. but that review was probably the worst review I've ever read.. aside from it not being more than 3 or 4 paragraphs ( ), he doesnt really touch down in further detail about any of his statements.. mind you he's not a blogger or just a friend giving an opinion.. he's supposed to be getting paid to really detail the games experience on multiple fronts.. and he doesnt even really touch down on the surface...
I think if you're going to call something like KOFXII crap (as with BlazBlue, or SFIV, etc etc).. then I really want to hear some good fairly detailed reasons.. I mean who whines about the background being too busy?... does the author have A.D.D. or something?.. I really don't get it.. the funny thing is, I'm pretty sure SFIV got like a 9.5 or something...
I really wish they'd let fighting game pro's do the reviewing and not just people who want to go for a button-mash romp through story mode, judging it along the way
One time a while back.. gamepro had given Psychic Force for ps1, like a 3.0 or something with a "mediocre" rating, and did nothing but trash the game.. but when I picked it up it quickly became one of my favorite fighting franchises.

ditto. good post.

dude, this is why i always say: phuck the critics.
critics are ignorant dipshits who go around getting paid for giving opinions just like any other tom, penis and harry in this world only they act like they are unbiased, down the middle callers when anyone with half a braincell can see the gobbets of prejudiced, pre-planned bullshite in their reviews. no one on this planet is unbiased when it comes to things so why assume that critics are?

if reviews are actually done by machines, then there's unbiased critic. but until then this is how it goes:
1. make up your own mind. if you haven't played it/watched it, shut up.
2. never give in to opinions of ANYONE. have you own mind.
3. especially if that's someone is a critic who tells you what to think of a game, a movie or a book because s/he's getting paid for it and somehow that means that he isn't prejudiced and we're supposed to think that they don't have moods, personal issues and pre-conceptions involved in their "critique" and that they are magically aware of ALL aspects of a franchise.

~Sado
P.S. SF4 got 9/10 on most reviews no expression
P.S.S. this alone chokes to death what ever little respect and hope i might have had for people

Last edited by Sado22 on Jul 12th, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 11:50 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Haukumen.... I hate that dude! If you ever played Samurai Shodwn, you will realize that he is every thing thats wrong wit that game. 3 Slashes and your damn near dead.

This guy can't be tourney legal.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 11:54 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by I am who I am
Haukumen.... I hate that dude! If you ever played Samurai Shodwn, you will realize that he is every thing thats wrong wit that game. 3 Slashes and your damn near dead.

This guy can't be tourney legal.
Lol wut?

First of all, the guy has high damage per hit, yes, but it is nothing compared to that of say, Iron Tager. Who takes nearly a third of your health with one quick, easily pulled-off throw. Also, he is not particularly fast, with his sword at least, and using just that will get you fvcked up bad by anyone who knows how to really play. Because of this, it is a good idea to exploit his ability to do counters, doing this causes damage and can set opponents up for using that soopa strong blade.

Also, you overrated the damage it does.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I just played this game a couple of hours ago, and it's awesome. My main fighter right now is Rachel Alucard since she has some interesting attacks.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 04:33 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote