KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Mass Effect Universe vs All Final Fantasy universes except for 13 (explained)

Mass Effect Universe vs All Final Fantasy universes except for 13 (explained)
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Cloud would kick Shepard's ass. For the record.

No seriously, in terms of an all ground battle, the FFverse would completely decimate MEverse.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:11 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

In all ground, yes.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:12 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
This is true.

Guess which Asari Dreadnought was completely annihilated by Sovereign? smile

Keep in mind that there is, according to Sovereign, an almost limitless amount of Reapers.

Hmm, I don't remember Destiny Ascension ever firing though.

And yea, no one ship in ME universe can stand up to a Reaper ship.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:13 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Hmm, I don't remember Destiny Ascension ever firing though.

And yea, no one ship in ME universe can stand up to a Reaper ship.
Neithe do I, but to destroy the largest, most powerful ship in the Citadel with a single shot, that is ridiculous, and of course we can assume that Sovereign, the largest and most powerful ship in the galaxy, can strike with more force than the Ascension.

Indeed, considering that Sovereign was only a single Reaper, and it took the entire Citadel fleet to destroy him, while he was preoccupied and could not fire his main gun, with the Citadel suffering heavy casualties, says alot.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:37 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Neithe do I, but to destroy the largest, most powerful ship in the Citadel with a single shot, that is ridiculous, and of course we can assume that Sovereign, the largest and most powerful ship in the galaxy, can strike with more force than the Ascension.

Indeed, considering that Sovereign was only a single Reaper, and it took the entire Citadel fleet to destroy him, while he was preoccupied and could not fire his main gun, with the Citadel suffering heavy casualties, says alot.

Truth be told, Sovereign brought some Geth fodder with him.

At any rate, I wonder how much longer would have Sovereign survived if he hadn't used up his power to make Saren his avatar. Because it looked like when Saren was finally killed for good, Sovereign lost power and was destroyed.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:50 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I don't think it's fair that there has to be a galaxy full of Reapers in this fight. It's ridiculous. Are we sure that each and every Reaper is as powerful as Sovereign? Because if they are, then the FF Universe is going to have some majorly heavy casualties.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:50 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Truth be told, Sovereign brought some Geth fodder with him.

At any rate, I wonder how much longer would have Sovereign survived if he hadn't used up his power to make Saren his avatar. Because it looked like when Saren was finally killed for good, Sovereign lost power and was destroyed.
True.

That actually is in fact what happened, good call, he was preoccupied with controlling Saren when destroyed by the Normandy.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:52 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I disagree with this point. Appeal to novelty is a fallacy. In many cases, particularly in fiction, a sword in the right hands is just as effective as a futuristic weapon, particularly in terms of destructive power, swords often show more.

But how? Let's play out a scenario ground battle:

ME soldiers use drones to scout the perimeter and locate the FF forces.

Meanwhile, FF forces march and send scouts to try and hunt down the ME forces.

Drones run into scouts, drones fire, scouts charge, scouts die.

Now, in the battle:

FF soldiers charge, ME soldiers fire...FF soldiers die. The end. Even if their swords were somehow more powerful than the ME soldiers' guns, they would get shot to bits before they even came close. Their magic also has a relatively lower range and most of them are weaker than ME guns.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

But they are clearly more powerful than your typical tech soldier.

Battle between Shepard and Vaan:

Vaan runs towards Shepard, Shepard shoots, Vaan dies. Shepard's sniper rifle > the range of Vaan's spells.

Cloud would kick Shepard's ass. For the record.

No seriously, in terms of an all ground battle, the FFverse would completely decimate MEverse.

Please give evidence...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 01:11 AM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Let's see.

Cloud can move fast enough Shepard will never hit him, and can cut him in half before he can hit him.

A ground battle would take away the ships, which would mean the likes of Kefka and Kuja would wipe out the entire ME militia.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 01:13 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's see.

Cloud can move fast enough Shepard will never hit him, and can cut him in half before he can hit him.

A ground battle would take away the ships, which would mean the likes of Kefka and Kuja would wipe out the entire ME militia.

Cloud maybe, but Cloud's definitely an above average party member...most of them would get pwned by Shepard. And even then Cloud's sword might not be able to penetrate ME armor/shields.

ME "militia"???

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 08:49 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Cloud maybe, but Cloud's definitely an above average party member...most of them would get pwned by Shepard. And even then Cloud's sword might not be able to penetrate ME armor/shields.

ME "militia"???

Cloud really isn't that powerful, and compared to other FF Villains Sephiroth is nothing. I think 7 is only popular because it was the first really mainstream FF game. Plus there was a guy with spikey hair and a giant sword. It kind of reminds me how most people's first introduction to LoZ was Ocarina of Time.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:17 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

ME "militia"???
The entire FFVII team would beat his ass. The majority of other FF characters would as well. Cloud's sword will easily penetrate it.

Wrong word. Meant military. Point still stands, the likes of Kefka, Kuja, or Sephiroth will annihilate MEverse's ground verses.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:19 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Cyner
Cloud really isn't that powerful, and compared to other FF Villains Sephiroth is nothing. I think 7 is only popular because it was the first really mainstream FF game. Plus there was a guy with spikey hair and a giant sword. It kind of reminds me how most people's first introduction to LoZ was Ocarina of Time.
Cloud is the most powerful FF protagonist based on what he has done.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:20 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

ME "militia"???

I'm surprised that someone who hasn't played the Final Fantasy games still wants to talk in a Final Fantasy versus thread. The characters in there are fast enough to dodge bullets and here you are saying Shepard can pwn them all. What bullcrap. I demand there to be evidence of Cloud's sword not being able to penetrate ME armor/shields.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:22 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

ME guns shoot slugs that go much faster than bullets, Cloud has no chance of blocking them.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:26 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nephthys
ME guns shoot slugs that go much faster than bullets, Cloud has no chance of blocking them.
They're automatic railguns to be specific.

But the thing is, you can't hit Cloud if you can't line him in your site.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:35 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm surprised that someone who hasn't played the Final Fantasy games still wants to talk in a Final Fantasy versus thread. The characters in there are fast enough to dodge bullets and here you are saying Shepard can pwn them all. What bullcrap. I demand there to be evidence of Cloud's sword not being able to penetrate ME armor/shields.

I've played 12 and tactics A2

wtf? Please provide a list of characters that can dodge not bullets, but mass accelerator speed slugs fired at a rapid rate. I'm waiting.

Please show evidence of it being able to. I'm not saying that it can't, I don't know, but I'm asking you for proof that his big sword can penetrate Shepard's shields/armor.

The entire FFVII team would beat his ass. The majority of other FF characters would as well. Cloud's sword will easily penetrate it.

Wrong word. Meant military. Point still stands, the likes of Kefka, Kuja, or Sephiroth will annihilate MEverse's ground verses.

Maybe the uper tier demi-gods like Kefka (most of them however get beaten by your party though and wouldn't make a big enough difference in a ground battle) would help FF win/come very close to winning, but...

ME still has FAR superior numbers, technology and such in a ground battle.

And in an all out war...ME wins very easily.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:37 PM
NemeBro

Maybe the uper tier demi-gods like Kefka (most of them however get beaten by your party though and wouldn't make a big enough difference in a ground battle) would help FF win/come very close to winning, but...

ME still has FAR superior numbers, technology and such in a ground battle.

And in an all out war...ME wins very easily.
Kefka rearranges continents and can destroy cities with single blasts of the Light of Judgment, he can mantain it for longer to destroy what is equivelant to entire countries, Kuja can glass an entire planet under a short period of time, killing every ME troop.

This is true.

This is also true.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:40 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kefka rearranges continents and can destroy cities with single blasts of the Light of Judgment, he can mantain it for longer to destroy what is equivelant to entire countries, Kuja can glass an entire planet under a short period of time, killing every ME troop.

This is true.

This is also true.

So maybe in a ground battle this Kefka guy seals a win, but if you take him out then ME pwns...

Heck, even with him, can he tank a nuclear barrage?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:43 PM
NemeBro

So maybe in a ground battle this Kefka guy seals a win, but if you take him out then ME pwns...

Heck, even with him, can he tank a nuclear barrage?
A better question is will they have enough time to activate it before Kefka decimates their forces?

And Kuja can survive the equivelant to a nuclear strike in power.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:47 PM