KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space 2

Dead Space 2
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment

I like what I see, but have one question:

How the Hell can you play effectively as a Necromorph against the humans with guns?

Sneak attack?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2011 09:14 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

How the Hell can you play effectively as a Necromorph against the humans with guns?

The same way people can play effectively as a Special Infected against the humans with guns in the Left 4 Dead games. Just make sure you or someone in the team is good at making strategies and also make sure that neither of your teammates will dick around, thinking they're uber.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2011 11:53 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

God, I wish that I wasn't going to be in college so I can play this...
Just gotta think about the money and try to forget about it. sad

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 01:25 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Originally posted by Nemesis X
The same way people can play effectively as a Special Infected against the humans with guns in the Left 4 Dead games. Just make sure you or someone in the team is good at making strategies and also make sure that neither of your teammates will dick around, thinking they're uber.

Except there are hordes of zombies running around as well. For Dead Space there isn't a horde of necromorphs to distract them.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 02:30 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Scaring elderly women EA? Now that's just warped......but still hilarious.

I would just like to say that everything a mother hates, we love!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 12:41 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Typical parent is typical

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 06:11 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's a mother? Something breeded with that?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 06:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by SpadeKing
Except there are hordes of zombies running around as well. For Dead Space there isn't a horde of necromorphs to distract them.

There might not be a horde compared to Left 4 Dead, but the NPC Slashers will more than likely be used as diversionary targets.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 09:57 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I probably won't be getting this until next week. Damn shame, really. I really, really want to get this as soon as possible.

What I'm worried about the most is what if DS 2 is like DS 1 where it is less than 11 damn hours long?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 05:42 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

The GT review said it was "a dozen" hours long.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 10:39 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, other reviews said the same thing based on how long you take to explore the surroundings for ammo and other things.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 11:24 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Finished the single player. Took me about 12 hours. I played on normal until I went to casual. So I expect an extra hour or so for the normal time.

Great game. I love every minute of it. Better than the first and even though it doesn't get scary half way through the game, it's like RE4. It's intense. When you get to some of the set pieces, you rarely leave with all your health/ammo. If you loved RE4 and those type of games, this is one you love. It's an awesome action game, pretty good horror game.

Can't wait till the third and I wonder what they will do with the story.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 09:15 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Visceral Games has redeemed itself from the ever-so-disappointing final boss fight/ending of the first Dead Space. Holy Shit! The final boss fight of Dead Space 2 was aMAZEing!!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 02:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Originally posted by XanatosForever
There might not be a horde compared to Left 4 Dead, but the NPC Slashers will more than likely be used as diversionary targets.

Those things help the Human side more than the Necromorphs if you ask me

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 03:28 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Visceral Games has redeemed itself from the ever-so-disappointing final boss fight/ending of the first Dead Space. Holy Shit! The final boss fight of Dead Space 2 was aMAZEing!!

Was it harder?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 04:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I was on Normal mode, and it felt like I was playing Hard mode! It is quite a cool fight and ending!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 04:44 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Played through the 1st Chaper on Normal, but later changed it to Survivalist. Difficulty is just about right for me now.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 07:33 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

DLC on its way

Dead Space 2: Severed, It will feature characters previously seen in Dead Space: Extraction and contain a standalone two chapter single-player adventure. It has been confirmed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 12:31 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Awesome DLC news.

I now have 48 of 51 PS3 trophies for Dead Space 2. All I have to do is beat the game on Zealot mode and Hard Core mode, for which I will receive two trophies, and then I'll have the platinum!!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 04:18 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Really? I one shoted it on Zealot on my first play through. If you have the Force Gun the last fight is a joke, even compared to the last fight on Deadspace one... which was also a joke.

Anyone beat it on Hardcore? No check points is kicking my ass. sad

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 08:35 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote