KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Bayonetta

Bayonetta
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

so what's the deal with this thing that makes it better than FFXIII?

I heard the graphics are mediocre... is it any good?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 03:30 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Played the demo yesterday, thought it looked good from the trailers, but really didn't enjoy it for some reason.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 04:19 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J

Nothing, just another generic hack and slash game.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 04:53 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It had a weird haze around the game and the action was way to busy for me. I had no idea what I was doing.

Some games work well like that, for example, No More Heroes because its ridiculous. It didn't work for me on this game.

It's getting great reviews from critics but it looks like a hardcore game that reviewers tend to love.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 11:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I read the IGN review... there was barely anything I could get excited about... might as well try out the demo

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 01:06 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I liked the demo.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 12:20 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

apple and oranges mate..might aswell be asking what makes Fifa better than Gran Turismo?!%^&

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 01:30 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the graphics are what you'd expect.. but it is very stylish.. (I'm basing this off the demo, but).. there seems to be a lot of combo choices, and the fights are very nice (presentation wise), and very fast, which I'm sure will appeal to DMC addicts.. the finishers are there for people who like the extra umph..

overall I was very pleased with the demo, but I wont buy simply because I'm not all that interested in spending 60 bucks for single player games

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 09:49 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
not all that interested in spending 60 bucks for single player games

You didnt buy Uncharted? Mass Effect? Bioshock? Half-Life 2? Assassins Creed 1& 2? Won't be buying God of War 3? Never bought Shadow of the colossus? Never bought any FF Series???

Wow you must miss out on alot of triple A stuff.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 11:09 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by Juk3n
apple and oranges mate..might aswell be asking what makes Fifa better than Gran Turismo?!%^&
I was thinkin' that. What a strange question.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 12:22 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I was talking about the (japanese) Famitsu score: a perfect 40... while FFXIII got a 39 big grin

about that: I'm pretty sure it was the PS3 version the japs reviewed, while here it's said the PS3 vesion it's a poor port no expression

I know they're totally different... it's just that almost every reviewer gets wet over this game, and I fail to see the reason

btw: the ball makes Fifa better wink

Last edited by S_D_J on Jan 6th, 2010 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 12:56 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You didnt buy Uncharted? Mass Effect? Bioshock? Half-Life 2? Assassins Creed 1& 2? Won't be buying God of War 3? Never bought Shadow of the colossus? Never bought any FF Series???

Don't forget Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Okami, Ninja Gaiden series, Knights of the Old Republic, Devil May Cry series, and the list just goes on and on over great single player games.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 02:45 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

what walking turd compared this to FF 13? laughing out loud .. they're way too different

thats like.. "oh snap, re5 was so much better than the new mario game for wii!"

I only actually purchased 2 FF titles (both of which I didnt finish), and half life 2 has a multiplayer component, so I did snag that (plus it came with CS source)

as for the others, didnt get em.. the replay value just goes down the toilet for me just cuz I cant enjoy / compete in them with friends

also, note that I said 60 bucks.. which is mostly aimed towards 360 / ps3

I am still a metroid / zelda fan.. but as the price on games goes higher these days I've been filtering out some of the games that I can really do without until they hit the clearance rack

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Jan 6th, 2010 at 08:56 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 08:53 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
what walking turd compared this to FF 13? laughing out loud .. they're way too different

thats like.. "oh snap, re5 was so much better than the new mario game for wii!"

well: they're both games, and they've both been rated... that's as much as they will ever be alike but is a basis I can run with, and as such, I can compare them: apples and apples

genres have nothing to do with rating.... (even though a rating is just a flat, often meaningless number)

big grin

btw: RE5 was so much better than "same-30-year-old-thing-you-still-buy-time-and-time-again Mario Bros" wink

Last edited by S_D_J on Jan 7th, 2010 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:25 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I've seen this game in action. It's as ridiculous as you'd expect from a game where the lady does handstands and fires guns from her shoes and the game clearly knows this. I thought it was pretty funny.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:19 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I have the 360 version.. Just finished it a little while ago.

I'd give it 3.5/4 stars out of 5.

Honestly, I enjoyed DMC more than this game. Still, it's a good buy.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:42 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I'm much more interested in Darksiders

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 08:36 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I have the 360 version.. Just finished it a little while ago.

I'd give it 3.5/4 stars out of 5.

Honestly, I enjoyed DMC more than this game. Still, it's a good buy.

enjoyed DMC4 more than this?.. it seemed to have more combos than your typical DMC outing

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 10:12 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Just when you thought "Let's rock, Baby!" was bad enough

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 04:46 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Indeed. I like the "single player" games and those are pretty much the only type I play. (I hate MMO and FPS games require hours to play and memorize maps to be competitive with the 14-year-old trash talker: not very appealing to me and my time.)

About this game: My coworker said that this was over the top "sexy" in a game and, therefore, a waste of time. He said that I'd be better off getting a hack-n-slash game like God-of-War II or III, and then getting hentai, cause both do better at what this game tries to combine. I haven't played it, only seen the demo, and I'm so-so about hack and slash titles.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 05:10 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote