KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avatar: The Way of Water

Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Reminder that Quaritch was right and did nothing wrong:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 11th, 2022 08:35 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Potential spoilers for the film, but uh it seems obvious how the dead characters will return...

https://movieweb-com.cdn.ampproject...llain-return%2F

Old Post May 11th, 2022 08:49 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The generic military villain was admittedly one of the better parts of the first film, but even bringing him back just shows how much a rehash this and the other sequels will be.

Old Post May 11th, 2022 01:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Potential spoilers for the film, but uh it seems obvious how the dead characters will return...

https://movieweb-com.cdn.ampproject...llain-return%2F

While he was he best part of the first film, a half decent villain. This is just stupid. Give us something new.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 11th, 2022 07:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
While he was he best part of the first film, a half decent villain. This is just stupid. Give us something new.

He's a cool actor. I enjoyed him in the Don't Breathe movies and on the TV show I saw him on, Terra Nova. So I guess on that level I'm glad to see him back.

Old Post May 12th, 2022 09:00 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Stephen Lang return...

This picture looks kind of terrible...

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/e...n-avatar-2.html

Haha...

Attachment: 20220703_194656.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 11:50 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

And here's an explanation of how Sigourney Weaver is returning given that her character in the first film died...

https://gizmodo.com/sigourney-weave...-1849134593/amp

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 11:59 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will wait to watch on disney plus

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 03:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Stephen Lang return...

This picture looks kind of terrible...

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/e...n-avatar-2.html

Picture looks good to me, Stop looking at it on a phone.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 06:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

James Cameron might not direct Avatar 4 & 5

https://www.empireonline.com/movies...self-exclusive/

Old Post Jul 5th, 2022 07:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Kazenji
James Cameron might not direct Avatar 4 & 5

https://www.empireonline.com/movies...self-exclusive/

Because at the current release rate he'd be 93 and 106 years old.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2022 08:43 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That and also means the 4 & 5 won't be as good as the other sequel's, Also Depends on who Jim hires to do them.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 02:35 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This just in: James Cameron is kind of an idiot...

https://screenrant.com/avatar-2-mov...efense-bad/amp/

The Batman was 3 hours long and was much worse for it, honestly.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 10:58 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Can't say movie running time bothers me so long as the pacing is right.

There's plenty 3+ hour movies that flew by. Wolf of Wall Street, The Green Mile, Schindler's List, Endgame...the list goes on

And there's plenty sub 3 hours movies that I felt every minute of. Prisoners being the one that always comes to mind because God damn that film was visually, tonally and thematically bleak.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 11:10 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Did you read what he said, though?

Right, he could have said something about the pacing, and "this is the ride I think audiences will want to go on," etc, because that's the sort of thing he's usually said when explaining his extended cuts. But instead he sounds like a crotchety old man fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between going to a theater and binging TV shows at home.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 01:49 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Completely disagree with The Batman, I liked every minute of it and i didn't feel bored with it.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 06:11 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

How long is it, exactly?

The running time of the original was 162 minutes. Which is long, yes, but not that uncommon.

Is the sequel meant to be longer than 3 hours or what?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 06:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I don't know the exact length. I think I just read somewhere it's nearly 3 hours.

The exact length isn't really the point. The point is James Cameron's odd response:

"I don't want anybody whining about length when they sit and binge-watch [television] for eight hours ... Here's the big social paradigm shift that has to happen: it's okay to get up and go pee."

The subtext that I hear is, "eh, it's okay if you miss a scene here or there... it's not that immersive or engaging. You probably won't miss anything major. I'm a dummy that doesn't understand that people pause the TV at home." If it's okay to miss something here or there, then why not cut the length down a little for the theatrical release, and do your extended cut later? I'm pretty sure that's what he did with the first one.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 07:41 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I guess it's Cameron's way of admitting that the movies exist for the visuals. And to be fair, that's pretty much my main interest in them...

(please log in to view the image)

https://collider.com/avatar-2-way-o...nderwater-navi/

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 09:32 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I don't know the exact length. I think I just read somewhere it's nearly 3 hours.

The exact length isn't really the point. The point is James Cameron's odd response:

"I don't want anybody whining about length when they sit and binge-watch [television] for eight hours ... Here's the big social paradigm shift that has to happen: it's okay to get up and go pee."

The subtext that I hear is, "eh, it's okay if you miss a scene here or there... it's not that immersive or engaging. You probably won't miss anything major. I'm a dummy that doesn't understand that people pause the TV at home." If it's okay to miss something here or there, then why not cut the length down a little for the theatrical release, and do your extended cut later? I'm pretty sure that's what he did with the first one.

Maybe.

But the first one was nearly 3 hours as well, so this one has to have some real pacing problem if he gets so overly defensive over it, as you say.

Or perhaps it's no big deal, we'll see.

---
We shouldn't overanalyze stuff like this, tbh. What's the point.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 10:33 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote