KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin fell to the dark side way too quickly

Anakin fell to the dark side way too quickly
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
Not wishful thinking so much as trying to make it all fit. Notice Yoda says that "Padawan, killed by a lightsaber, he was."

If the younglings were also killed by a lightsaber,why did Yoda point out the Padawan, instead of saying "they were killed by a lightsaber?"
You're really reaching about something silly. If you're trying to spare the Anakin character and thus the story from bad movie-making, then this instance is bottom of the priority list. The film may not directly state "Anakin murdered children, he's bad" but it does heavily... heavily imply that he did via the inclusion of Vader and only Vader marching up to the temple, Vader activating his saber in front of the children, and the sudden transition from Yoda and Obi-Wan's observation to the butchering of the Separatist Council by Vader. Lucas sucked at making his prequels, but it would take an absolute retard who has been living on Mars his whole life not to understand what is being conveyed. That or the worst nitpicker since... well since nitpicking began.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're really reaching about something silly. If you're trying to spare the Anakin character and thus the story from bad movie-making, then this instance is bottom of the priority list. The film may not directly state "Anakin murdered children, he's bad" but it does heavily... heavily imply that he did via the inclusion of Vader and only Vader marching up to the temple, Vader activating his saber in front of the children, and the sudden transition from Yoda and Obi-Wan's observation to the butchering of the Separatist Council by Vader. Lucas sucked at making his prequels, but it would take an absolute retard who has been living on Mars his whole life not to understand what is being conveyed. That or the worst nitpicker since... well since nitpicking began.

Lucien, after calling me a nitpicker, did you read the quote from ROTS?

Apparently Stover was also trying to save Lucas from his giant plot-leap.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:02 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin was a great character with so many emotional senes. wouldn't you kill some random black guy to save your pregnant wife and unborn child? Once ur @ that point, there's no going back ether. The jedi would have had his head. Had 2 get rid of tehm all.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:02 AM
Click here to Send MikeMikeTheMike a Private Message Find more posts by MikeMikeTheMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

thanks for that MMTM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:03 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

ur welcome.

I mean I know he broke party code and put hos b4 bros but srsly... Windu wuz just annoyin.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:07 AM
Click here to Send MikeMikeTheMike a Private Message Find more posts by MikeMikeTheMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lucien, after calling me a nitpicker, did you read the quote from ROTS?

Apparently Stover was also trying to save Lucas from his giant plot-leap.
I did, and I don't know what you're trying to prove. Vader was the only lightsaber-wielder on the Empire's side attacking the Jedi. Unless you're suggesting that the scene from the movie is meant to imply that another Jedi turned on the younglings... I really don't know what the point of this is.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

What? No. It simply says in the novelization that Anakin wasn't actually the one killing the children, and nothing from the movie contradicts that.

I admit I am reaching, and I'm doing it purposely in order to better fill in the story around Anakin's ridiculous fall. Its a theory, i'm certainly not expecting you to take it as canon gold.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:13 AM
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

if u maek like a simplistic lien of events and think about it that way the movie is rlly gr8. the way it went was good, it was just rlly bad liens.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:18 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What? No. It simply says in the novelization that Anakin wasn't actually the one killing the children, and nothing from the movie contradicts that.

I admit I am reaching, and I'm doing it purposely in order to better fill in the story around Anakin's ridiculous fall. Its a theory, i'm certainly not expecting you to take it as canon gold.
According to Wookiee that cites something called Star Wars Rebellion #6: The Ahakista Gambit, Part 1, after slashing Drallig, the Clone Troopers gunned down the group of Padawans he was protecting.

The film, however, clearly states there were younglings (don't argue about whether they were all children or whether it was "just that one" Yoda was inspecting and he wasn't really a child) that were killed by a lightsaber. That group was lieing far too close to each other for one of them to have been killed by Vader while the rest were all shot a foot and a half away from him. And unless those tricky cubs hiding in the Council chambers were wily enough to actually get past Vader...

Seriously, this is silly. The book makes his fall all the more believable as it is.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:19 AM
truejedi

"stood aside" definitly fills in the gaps on that, if that is a theory I want to play with. No way to prove it, but no way to disprove it either, subjectivity reigns. Clearly ROTS was trying to paint a picture where Anakin did the killing, BUT... if we can make it fit better without defying canon, why not?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:22 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

"stood aside" definitly fills in the gaps on that, if that is a theory I want to play with. No way to prove it, but no way to disprove it either, subjectivity reigns. Clearly ROTS was trying to paint a picture where Anakin did the killing, BUT... if we can make it fit better without defying canon, why not?
Because frankly it does defy canon. Defies the movie. At least one is confirmed killed by Vader, and common sense (and I'm stressing this; defiance of the movie's very clear implications is delving in to HWKN's waters) dictates he killed like a dozen others too.

We don't need to remove the Younglings deaths at his hands to make his character likable and sympathetic. The novel won me over well before Knightfall, and continued after it too. Movies (canon Vader kills children)=shite. Novels (no specific mention of said killings)=brilliant.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:34 AM
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi-wan said that the security holograms showed him that anakin had been killing younglins wen he was talking 2 padame.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:44 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by MikeMikeTheMike
Obi-wan said that the security holograms showed him that anakin had been killing younglins wen he was talking 2 padame.
Bingo.

And I just remembered the prelude to Kenobi's and Yoda's talk: "Not even the children survived." "Killed not by clones..."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:47 AM
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

I may not read the books but I certainly kno teh moviez. Happy Dance

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:51 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Because frankly it does defy canon. Defies the movie. At least one is confirmed killed by Vader, and common sense (and I'm stressing this; defiance of the movie's very clear implications is delving in to HWKN's waters) dictates he killed like a dozen others too.

We don't need to remove the Younglings deaths at his hands to make his character likable and sympathetic. The novel won me over well before Knightfall, and continued after it too. Movies (canon Vader kills children)=shite. Novels (no specific mention of said killings)=brilliant.

First, where is the confirmed kill of a Youngling by Anakin? Back that up?

We have a confirmed kill of 3 PADAWANS by anakin. I am just asking for the youngling evidence. You haven't provided it yet.

This isn't HWKN's waters, he would be claiming it was fact until you disproved it, wink I think its just interesting to think about. Sometimes I like to discuss star wars.

Also: I already addressed the Kenobi Padme conversation, did you even read the thread so far? Kenobi would have been LYING in order to get Padme to tell him where Anakin is.

Its interesting is all. I'm in no way trying to claim its factual.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 05:27 AM
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did obi-wan take up lyin for his purposes before episode 4, is reallly the question here, then.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 05:30 AM
truejedi

The Jedi lied to suit their purposes, Sidious wasn't wrong in pointing that out.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 05:32 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

and... how is that not out of character? erm when has a jedi ever directly made a bold faced lie, for the sake of "suiting their purposes"? because hell if obi-wan really wanted to know where anakin went he could have just mind tricked her.

also, theres just as little evidence pointing to him lying as there is to anakin not killing younglings. youre making one hell of a double standard.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:02 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

But the shorty goes "master skywalker, there's too many of them, what are we going to do?"

KSZHZHZHHHHH *lightsaber turns on*

then "killed not by blaster, these padawans were, killed by lightsaber!" Obi-Wan "Who could have done this?"(obviously talking in horrific tones as if children had been killed)

later to padme: "There was a security footage of him killing younglings *breaks up*"

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:03 AM
SithAce_1
Sith test pilot

Simple explanation:
He was KILLING JEDI reguardless of their age and /or future Jedi if that helps ease your minds a little on his ethics.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:31 AM
Click here to Send SithAce_1 a Private Message Find more posts by SithAce_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote