KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy (Kon-El) vs Hulk

Superboy (Kon-El) vs Hulk
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol, Carv, you're damaging your case.

But for real, Kon doing as well as he does against Prime is just Geoff Johns being Geoff Johns; he's gone on record to say Kon's his favorite Titan and he likes the stark difference between the two Superboys. I take it with as much salt as I do with Luke Cage and co. beating Count Nefaria or Bendispower Clint Barton.

Him stalemating Prime doesn't mean he is going to do the same to WWH who is completely in a rage.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The only other person he was fighting was Wonder Girl..

But yes he did get murdered, but he did take a lot of punishment from Prime first, and even made him bleed.

Not saying he's a match for Prime(or even close) but even putting up a fight against Prime is much better than what most are capable of.
Problem with that logic is that it means that Conner (and a Yat that did more to SBP than anyone else was able to do) gives Hulk a decent run and takes some wins. It also means that Conner > Supes given what Prime did to him (HVed his skin like it was butter).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:27 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, Carv, you're damaging your case.

But for real, Kon doing as well as he does against Prime is just Geoff Johns being Geoff Johns; he's gone on record to say Kon's his favorite Titan and he likes the stark difference between the two Superboys. I take it with as much salt as I do with Luke Cage and co. beating Count Nefaria or Bendispower Clint Barton.

Agreed.

Superboy Prime fights were full of PIS in general. Even the Flashes shouldn't have done as well as they did, considering how much faster a PC Kryptonian should be.

I still think Kon El has a good shot, based on his history though. Savage Hulk is pretty variable, but plenty of characters in Kon El's range did alright against him. Namor beat him twice, Black Bolt did well against him, Thor physically stalemated him.. His high end feats blow just about anyone away, but they're also heavily plot device/rage dependent (Like, no one's going to argue a normal Hulk is at Onslaught levels of strength..)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by carver9
Him stalemating Prime doesn't mean he is going to do the same to WWH who is completely in a rage.

I would say his "stalemating" of Prime borders on author wankery, but that's just me.

Removing PIS and plot elements, do you think Kon is a legitimate threat to Prime?

And for the record, I think Kon would be beaten ultimately by Savage Hulk, to say nothing of WWH or whatever the hell he is now.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:40 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by cdtm
Agreed.

Superboy Prime fights were full of PIS in general. Even the Flashes shouldn't have done as well as they did, considering how much faster a PC Kryptonian should be.

I still think Kon El has a good shot, based on his history though. Savage Hulk is pretty variable, but plenty of characters in Kon El's range did alright against him. Namor beat him twice, Black Bolt did well against him, Thor physically stalemated him.. His high end feats blow just about anyone away, but they're also heavily plot device/rage dependent (Like, no one's going to argue a normal Hulk is at Onslaught levels of strength..)

This isn't Savage Hulk.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:40 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Harbinger
This isn't Savage Hulk.

The thread op just said "Hulk", so I went with the classic version.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by cdtm
The thread op just said "Hulk", so I went with the classic version.
Current version, so this is WWH.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:43 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Harbinger
Problem with that logic is that it means that Conner (and a Yat that did more to SBP than anyone else was able to do) gives Hulk a decent run and takes some wins. It also means that Conner > Supes given what Prime did to him (HVed his skin like it was butter).

I'm going to say it like this...

Superbly recently has being growing exponentially powerful...even Superman himself admitted that with growth, Conner is becoming more powerful when he scanned his body.

Then if you think about it, his future self was so powerful that he was capable of even treating Captain Marvel like a child with ease and actually tanked a solid magical amped punch from him.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/...s/galan_sb3.jpg

With growth comes more power and we really haven't seen his upper limits as of hey when facing top tiers (minus Doomsday).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:46 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I would say his "stalemating" of Prime borders on author wankery, but that's just me.

Removing PIS and plot elements, do you think Kon is a legitimate threat to Prime?

And for the record, I think Kon would be beaten ultimately by Savage Hulk, to say nothing of WWH or whatever the hell he is now.

It doesn't work like that Jake.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:49 PM
Cogito

^What doesn't work like what now?

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:51 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

It doesn't work like that Jake.

So you do feel that Kon is a legitimate threat to Prime and his showings have no PIS involved at all?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:52 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Then if you think about it, his future self was so powerful that he was capable of even treating Captain Marvel like a child with ease and actually tanked a solid magical amped punch from him.

That's Freddy Freeman who is <<< Billy Batson.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:53 PM
carver9

That's Freddy Freeman who is <<< Billy Batson.

Wasn't he filling In during that time for Cap?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:55 PM
carver9

So you do feel that Kon is a legitimate threat to Prime and his showings have no PIS involved at all?

No comment. I don't know how to answer this question Jake. Do we ignore on panel evidence? I'm going to leave that one alone. My main reason for postiing that fight was to prove a point to someone that said I was lying. You can take from the fight what you want.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:58 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I'm going to say it like this...

Superbly recently has being growing exponentially powerful...even Superman himself admitted that with growth, Conner is becoming more powerful when he scanned his body.

With growth comes more power and we really haven't seen his upper limits as of hey when facing top tiers (minus Doomsday).

If Freddy is the new CM in the future with all powers, Conner has become a beast that would rape WWH big grin. Carver, what comic did the future version of Conner appear? An since Conner has grown in strength, yeah he would win this one. Nice work.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:58 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
If Freddy is the new CM in the future with all powers, Conner has become a beast that would rape WWH big grin. Carver, what comic did the future version of Conner appear? An since Conner has grown in strength, yeah he would win this one. Nice work.

Lol...stop trying to use my scans against me.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:59 PM
Cogito

I don't get it.

Is carver actually defending Connor here? doctor

Or is he just defending Connor as a way to lowball SBP? mad

Either way, Hulk is taking this matchup in all likelihood

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 05:00 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Cogito
I don't get it.

Is carver actually defending Connor here? doctor

Or is he just defending Connor as a way to lowball SBP? mad

Either way, Hulk is taking this matchup in all likelihood

Conner is one of my faves...so I'm actually doing both.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 05:01 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Lol...stop trying to use my scans against me.
That's not your scan, it's Galan's. The same way you knew about the Kid Flash race because I posted it. You don't read comics.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 05:02 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Conner is one of my faves...so I'm actually doing both.

Thanks for being honest, at least.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 05:02 PM