KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » LEGO Batman 2: Super Heroes

LEGO Batman 2: Super Heroes
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

LEGO Batman 2: Super Heroes

2012 release

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...12-Release.html

So other superhero's are gonna be in it, Superman, Wonder Woman wonder who else.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 05:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Meh. Hope that's a taste of better things to come, as far as superhero games.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 08:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll be checking it out i liked the first Lego Batman got 100% on it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 09:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The first game was awesome, and I knew we were getting a second one, but one with Superman and Wonder Woman? Sweeeeet.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Meh. Hope that's a taste of better things to come, as far as superhero games.

You didn't like the X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Arkham games?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 12:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Hulk UD, as well? stick out tongue
It was easily the best superhero game out there. wink

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 12:43 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
You didn't like the X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Arkham games?

WTF? Of course I liked them, especially X-Men Legends 2 and Arkham City. I just meant I hoped this 2nd Lego Batman would be a taste of something better (and similar) to come out in the future. Since you know, the inclusion of Superman, Wonder Woman, and possibly others got my imagination going on a Justice League-like game with the same kind of effort put into as those games you mentioned.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 11:17 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
WTF? Of course I liked them, especially X-Men Legends 2 and Arkham City. I just meant I hoped this 2nd Lego Batman would be a taste of something better (and similar) to come out in the future. Since you know, the inclusion of Superman, Wonder Woman, and possibly others got my imagination going on a Justice League-like game with the same kind of effort put into as those games you mentioned.

Oh okay, my bad. And yes, I agree. With Lego having access to both Marvel AND DC now, though, I'd be very surprised if they didn't use those licenses to their fullest.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 30th, 2011 12:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Green Lantern is confirmed!

Promo Art (no GL pic yet):

(please log in to view the image)

Official DC press release: http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/0...c-super-heroes/

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 09:59 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 06:05 AM
Kelley2011

have a look(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Kelley2011 on Mar 16th, 2012 at 06:58 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 06:49 AM
Kelley2011 is currently offline Click here to Send Kelley2011 a Private Message Find more posts by Kelley2011 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thats what people usually do for trailers

stupid dumbass bot...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 06:57 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Saw this, this morning. Looks SWEET.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 02:27 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman Might Be The Best Part of Lego Batman 2

There will be voice-acting in the Lego Batman 2: DC Super-Heroes. That will sound strange if you've ever enjoyed the silly warbling that passes for talking in the man hit Lego video games.

Stranger still is the possibility that Superman might be the coolest part of Traveller's Tales ambitious, biggest-ever Lego game.

The game starts as a Batman and Robin adventure, just as 2008's Lego Batman did. This one doesn't have a separate villain campaign, but it does have Superman and some other DC heroes. Last week in San Francisco, Traveler's Tales lead game maker, Jonathan Smith showcased Batman, Robin and their new pal, the Man of Steel.

Batman and Robin start the game in a level set in a theater, smacking their way through villains such as Harley Quinn and Two-Face (but not Killer Croc... they made that guy a chicken and just let him eat it). You won't switch heroes a lot in this game. Instead, you switch suits, changing Batman to his Sensor Suit when he needs to become translucent and stealthy, or switching Robin to Acrobat Robin so he can plant poles in the walls and swing off them to reach high spots. Robin has a suit that lets him breathe underwater; Batman's got one that lets him walk through electricity and drain power from one object in order to inject it into another. And there's more.

But none of these jokers is Superman.

At some point in the game's original story, Superman's help will be needed. And that means that, at some point in this game, you'll be able to fly. Lego Batman 2's hub world is a massive three-island, open version of Gotham City, the biggest space ever created in a Lego game. Superman can fly through it, with no shackles on his movement. You get full, free flight with Superman, at least in the Gotham hub, where he can zap anything he looks at with his heat vision and can chill anything that needs chilling with his freeze breath. Whether Superman can take damage is another story—though Smith pointed out that death has been so minimal a penalty in the infinite-live Lego games, that it may not feel to un-Superman if he can die. (He'd just come back to life minus a few collected Lego studs, like any other character in the series.)

Full size
Superman's ability to fly anywhere could be a game-breaker, except that Superman's powers won't let him get through traps and puzzles that fill the streets and rooftops of Gotham. As Superman, you'll be able to spot those puzzles, which usually contain a Lego brick as their prize. But then you'll have to take control of Batman or Robin and use their suits to go through a sequence of puzzles... acrobat Robin to scale a building, electric Batman to power a winch and raise a zip line perhaps, or Power Suit Batman to fire a missile.

Some villains will be playable in the open Gotham part of the game, and vehicles such as the Batwing and Batmobile can be driven through the giant city, too. You'll even be able to go to Metropolis, though Smith said we shouldn't expect anything nearly as grand as what's in Gotham (speaking of "grand", I believe I saw Smith use Robin to, uh, commandeer a civilian car in the game's Gotham and then drive it with some recklessness down the road.)

The game looked promising if a bit bleak. Its Gotham may be vast, but it was drizzly and dreary. Smith thinks the game's weather system and continued development may address that, though he admits that Gotham shouldn't seem like too cheery a place.

And what of Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and the other heroes of this game? We'll find out about them later, just as, closer to the game's summer release, we'll finally hear more chatter about how all these characters...talk.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 07:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 06:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Looks good; I just hope Green Lantern and Wonder Woman are still in it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 10:22 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Can't wait to see green lantern and his (most likely) Lego block constructs!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 04:53 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That would be awesome.

Also, according to the site, the game is out in September. Can't wait.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 06:17 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 03:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

GL confirmation! Yes!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 03:09 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by MadMel
Hulk UD, as well? stick out tongue
It was easily the best superhero game out there. wink

It actually had a couple great design elements. But best, lol.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 04:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote