KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Juri Han X Akuma (normal)

Juri Han X Akuma (normal)
Started by: Frisky Dingo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by No End N Site
Juri's feat requires she moves at leik 80,000 mph.
... Because she dodged a teleport punch?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 07:47 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

...Yes. Bison Warp is instant.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 10:23 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 12:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
@DSZ
Are you implying that NORMAL Gouki can defeat 3 SFII Vegas, which implies that he can take on 3 sets of SFII Kens, Ryus, Chun Lis, Cammys, and Guiles all at once?

Considering it's non-Shin or Oni current Gouki, yes, yes I am saying that.

And considering he killed SF2 Vega instantaneously, how is that a stretch?

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 12:34 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Exactly, he's makin it sound like it was very hard for Akuma to do away with any Bison that isn't Shin.

Originally posted by NemeBro
And?

...she dodged an attack that took, literally, no amount of perceivable time to reach her.
If you're still lost after that, then I don't know how else to explain it to you.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 12:58 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unrealman

well here's Juri's cross art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FD0-7PhMS4

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 01:04 AM
unrealman is currently offline Click here to Send unrealman a Private Message Find more posts by unrealman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

^
WTH!? Never seen that before!

Hell, you can percieve a ligthning strike, you can't even see Juri until she stops.

And here's the event in question.
(please log in to view the image)

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 01:14 AM
TheGoldenSpy

She actually is pretty fast in that video

BUT NOT FAST ENOUGH FOR THE GOD OF FISTS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 01:24 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

There is exactly nothing in that gif that would require Juri to be 80,000 miles per hour or even the speed of sound.

Also, you can "see" a lightning strike because of how incredibly bright it is.

No human moving at 60,000 meters per second could be perceived by the human eye.

To disappear from sight, it has been calculated that you would need to be about 200 miles per hour, if the thing in question was human sized.

So... Yeah no, the implication that Juri is faster than a lightning bolt is laughable.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 01:56 AM
No End N Site

There is exactly nothing in that gif that would require Juri to be 80,000 miles per hour or even the speed of sound.

Also, you can "see" a lightning strike because of how incredibly bright it is.

No human moving at 60,000 meters per second could be perceived by the human eye.

To disappear from sight, it has been calculated that you would need to be about 200 miles per hour, if the thing in question was human sized.

So... Yeah no, the implication that Juri is faster than a lightning bolt is laughable.

Yeah, I know, it's faster. I was just bein conservative. If his Warp requires a person be in 2 places at once to even touch'im, this is clearly an implication of the speed of his teleport. I was just be being nice, but that's really the cold hard truth.

Lol How did I know you would say that? But I don't blame you. Doesn't matter how bright somethin is, if it's too fast to be seen...you can't see it. If your claim was the case, you could see a group of solar photons from the suns core in a pitch black room, which you can't becuase they move too fast, despite just one of them being millions of times brighter than a lightning strike. And yeah, people don't tell you kids that lightning is hotter and brighter than the surface of the sun. The brain can comprehend the first and last frames of a lighning strike.

And OmfG Lmbao! That is the biggest crock of $h!t I ever heard and every Joe Blow uses it. In truth, you would not disappear goin 200mph. The object will appear very blurry, that's it. And to disappear you would have to leave the person's field of view and cross back into it every couple seconds just remain invisible, but still claim to be in the person's line of sight. Which is cheatin. The object would appear invisible cuz, at times, it would actually be out of sight.

So let me clear up this misconseption people seem to have. When somethin moves too fast for your eyes to keep up with, it's cuz it's movin in and out of yur field of veiw. Meanin you have to move dem eyeballs to follow. When a person sized object is 'dead' in your face and all you have to do is look straight ahead and still can't see it (Juri), that means...well...tried to explain but it cuz it actually means alot. Just know that "mach" does not begin to describe it.

Research is fundamental, son.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 02:57 AM
NemeBro

Yeah, I know, it's faster. I was just bein conservative. If his Warp requires a person be in 2 places at once to even touch'im, this is clearly an implication of the speed of his teleport. I was just be being nice, but that's really the cold hard truth.

A bunch of unsupported bullshit.

Also, teleportation doesn't utilise "speed", because it eliminates time from the equation, at least assuming the teleportation process (The time from when you move between one space and another) is instantaneous.

Oh, and teleportation is not a substitute for raw speed or reaction-time.

... And... Where are you getting this Bison teleport-punched her shit from? Looks like the Psycho Crusher to me. erm

quote:
Lol How did I know you would say that? But I don't blame you. Doesn't matter how bright somethin is, if it's too fast to be seen...you can't see it. If your claim was the case, you could see a group of solar photons from the suns core in a pitch black room, which you can't becuase they move too fast, despite just one of them being millions of times brighter than a lightning strike. And yeah, people don't tell you kids that lightning is hotter and brighter than the surface of the sun. The brain can comprehend the first and last frames of a lighning strike.

You are aware that a lightning strike is many kilometers long and that most lightning strikes are made up of multiple individual strokes, right? Said strokes often-times being split by a relatively signifigant margin to make the illusion of one bolt right? And that said re-strikes cause a strobe light effect, right? Really, the only visible part of lightning is the return stroke, streak lightning.

Lightning is visible as a flash of light because of both incandescence (due to its high temperature it glows blue-white) and luminescence (excitation of nitrogen gas in the atmosphere). Nitrogen, the dominant gas in the atmosphere, is excited by this strong flow of energy, its electrons moving to higher energy states. The distinctive blue-white color of lightning is caused by light emitted as the electrons drop back to their original energy states.

This does not mean a human being could easily perceive a human sized body moving at 60,000+ meters per second. There are reasons that lightning is visible. None have to do with it being too slow.

I know that lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun. What is your point?

quote:
And OmfG Lmbao! That is the biggest crock of $h!t I ever heard and every Joe Blow uses it. In truth, you would not disappear goin 200mph. The object will appear very blurry, that's it. And to disappear you would have to leave the person's field of view and cross back into it every couple seconds just remain invisible, but still claim to be in the person's line of sight. Which is cheatin. The object would appear invisible cuz, at times, it would actually be out of sight.

Right, like what Juri was doing.

quote:
So let me clear up this misconseption people seem to have. When somethin moves too fast for your eyes to keep up with, it's cuz it's movin in and out of yur field of veiw. Meanin you have to move dem eyeballs to follow. When a person sized object is 'dead' in your face and all you have to do is look straight ahead and still can't see it (Juri), that means...well...tried to explain but it cuz it actually means alot. Just know that "mach" does not begin to describe it.

Okay first of all: We can see Juri. no expression We can see the purple blur as she moves (Probably emanating from her Feng Sui or however it is spelled Engine). By your own words, if she was so fast as to disappear from sight it wouldn't matter how bright it is (And it isn't very bright). Beyond that, said purple blur continuously leaves the edges of the screen as she attacks.

No but seriously: Prove Juri would have to be faster than lightning to disappear from sight, until then nothing you say matters.

quote:
Research is fundamental, son.

You know much less than what you think you know.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 04:03 AM
unrealman

you're not seen Juri at all, the only thing you're seeing is just a stream of pink color light from Juri's eye. it's similar to what you see when I jet pass by. oh by the way brightness has nothing to do with speed, the reason why you can see the stream coming from Juri's eye is because it's bright, it might not be really bright, but it's bright enough to where you can see it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 04:55 AM
unrealman is currently offline Click here to Send unrealman a Private Message Find more posts by unrealman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That's what I just said.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:10 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

I think it's really foolish to try and dispute her speed with the facts presented.

You can't see Juri at all, all you see is the light streak from her eye. And to make things worse for anyone trying to dispute it. You see a lasting streak in multiple places at one time, she only has ONE glowing eye. Lightning itself is not fast enough to do that. It's a flash and it's gone. This also leads back to the teleport evasion. She is so fast, her movement is seen as a slower teleport. Which is well above "mach", since teleporting removes time from the equation.

I find the logic here, especially disturbing when you consider that this particular forum's "Lightning Timers" are all SEEN blocking or evading lightning, which would be impossible without proper tech.
When a person sized object is 'dead' in your face and all you have to do is look straight ahead and still can't see it (Juri), that means...well...tried to explain but it cuz it actually means alot. Just know that "mach" does not begin to describe it.

I know what it means and it can mean a number of things.

1. The target is not moving fast enough and the perceive can't see very well. They would appear invisible.

2. As you stated, the target is dipping in an out of the 20 20 vision field of the viewer

3. Or something about the target moving to fast for light to bounce off of it, whiiiiiiiiiiiiich has "other" ramifications.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:10 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

So basically you don't have any real argument?

Delightful.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:19 AM
unrealman

the only way to know if Juri is high end mach speeds is if she can dodge a Sonic Boom, which is stated to be faster then the speed of sound.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:20 AM
NemeBro

That wouldn't make her "high end mach speeds".

There is a number given for Guile's Sonic Boom IIRC.

Mach 2.

I can't believe people are being so painfully stupid as using some bullshit like Juri disappearing from sight and making a "lasting streak" (See: After image) as proof for mach 200+ speeds, this shit is ****ing retarded and you should all be ashamed for claiming it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:23 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Is SFxT even canon?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:24 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No, it isn't.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:25 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Exactly, he's makin it sound like it was very hard for Akuma to do away with any Bison that isn't Shin.

And how sure are we that Gouki and Vega did not do battle before he was SGSed? And being killed quickly sounds bad, but when you say the character is eliminated with an SGS, then you say, "Oh of course!".

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Is SFxT even canon?
She actually has the move in SFIV, her Cross Assault just has her do it multiple instances in a row. She's capable doing her own moves.

So basically you don't have any real argument?

Delightful.

I can't believe people are being so painfully stupid as using some bullshit like Juri disappearing from sight and making a "lasting streak" (See: After image) as proof for mach 200+ speeds, this shit is ****ing retarded and you should all be ashamed for claiming it.

As usual, you are wrong and are unable to accept it. Or at least put on the front.

And you have to be off your damn rocker if you think Juri going COMPLETELY invisible and the leaving a web of light streaks is anywhere near as idiotic as posting videos of characters DODGING and DEFLECTING FAKE lightning. Let's be serious here.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:31 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote