KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Be advised, Be advised BF3 is awesome.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 08:46 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

BF3>COD

PWNT

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 10:54 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Nah, cod is way better.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 11:06 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They're both bad.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 05:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

The multiplayer is not that bad after all now that I know the maps. The pistols, however, are ridiculously overpowered.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 02:27 PM
Casper Whitey is currently offline Click here to Send Casper Whitey a Private Message Find more posts by Casper Whitey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

knives and snipers have become super amazing too. the most nerfed weapons in the game, imo.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 02:08 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

They patched the shields. There were too many complaints about the shields being OP so now high-damage weapons with the FMJ perk can shoot through the shields. Also, it now takes two hits with a shield bash to kill someone, instead of one.

I remember when shields were first unlocked, week 1, the people behind them were unstoppable and it was hilariously frustrating. They could go 40-2 on a map when everyone else was going 15-x (this was when no one knew the maps, by the way).

I think the shields were nerfed too far, actually. I am okay with the two hits to kill but being able ot shoot through a shield defeats the entire purpose of a shield.

And I have been playing Hardcore almost exclusively now and my KDR has dropped from 1.05 to .95...it was that much of a jump in skill level. The players in Hardcore just seem better, on average, than Core. The teams, never having met, will coordinate as though they have been playing ages. They will lock down an entire map in less than 5 minutes and you literally cannot walk anywhere in the open without dying. That happens only 1 out of 10 games, however. But it is frustrating that people have mastered the game so quickly. I guess that is to be expected from people that have prestiged 4 and 5 times already: where do they get the time to play this game so much?

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 13th, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 11:58 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Nah, cod is way better.
(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 13th, 2012 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 03:32 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

You have a gif for absolutely everything.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 07:52 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Zack Fair
thumb up

BF3 for life.

yeah, BF3's my babe. but i haven't played it as much since blops 2's release. which i consider my mistress. when i wanna get wild i go to her. ha. but when i need that balance and seriousness, i always go back home to BF3.

it's crazy how it was BF3 vs MW3 last year now it's BF3 vs blops 2 and BF3 still comes out on top. imo.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 09:20 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yeah, BF3's my babe. but i haven't played it as much since blops 2's release. which i consider my mistress. when i wanna get wild i go to her. ha. but when i need that balance and seriousness, i always go back home to BF3.

Fine by me. It is understandable since Blops2 is the new kid on the block. Same happened to me with Halo 4. BF3 is getting some well-deserved rest
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

it's crazy how it was BF3 vs MW3 last year now it's BF3 vs blops 2 and BF3 still comes out on top. imo.

Isn't it obvious? CoD is the same shit. Now I am not hating or anything because shit can be fun, but its still shit.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2012 12:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
They patched the shields. There were too many complaints about the shields being OP so now high-damage weapons with the FMJ perk can shoot through the shields. Also, it now takes two hits with a shield bash to kill someone, instead of one.

I remember when shields were first unlocked, week 1, the people behind them were unstoppable and it was hilariously frustrating. They could go 40-2 on a map when everyone else was going 15-x (this was when no one knew the maps, by the way).

I think the shields were nerfed too far, actually. I am okay with the two hits to kill but being able ot shoot through a shield defeats the entire purpose of a shield.

And I have been playing Hardcore almost exclusively now and my KDR has dropped from 1.05 to .95...it was that much of a jump in skill level. The players in Hardcore just seem better, on average, than Core. The teams, never having met, will coordinate as though they have been playing ages. They will lock down an entire map in less than 5 minutes and you literally cannot walk anywhere in the open without dying. That happens only 1 out of 10 games, however. But it is frustrating that people have mastered the game so quickly. I guess that is to be expected from people that have prestiged 4 and 5 times already: where do they get the time to play this game so much?

The shields are easily dealt with. Throw a concussion then hip fire around them.

The players in HC are not better, they just camp twice as much. HC is not harder as far as skill goes, in fact it's easier. Why? Because it takes only one bullet to kill instead of 3-4. Also there is no radar, this makes the camping that much easier. I usually go 2.0ish on TDM. On HC? I played with some beast players earlier and went 20-1. Do the math.

They prestige so quickly because they know which game modes to play to obtain the most xp. And when thee is a double xp event, they plan their lives around it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 04:17 AM
Casper Whitey is currently offline Click here to Send Casper Whitey a Private Message Find more posts by Casper Whitey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I'm running through this campaign on veteran on my first playthrough and the levels are not an issue, but I got to the whole base defence part and the first three times I tried it, I didn't make it past the 7 minute mark (and that's 7 minutes left, not 7 minutes in). The best I've done is 2 minutes remaining, which is terribly frustrating.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice on how to do this? I could really use it.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 03:17 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I finally got around to try this game and the amount of camping I've found is monumental! I've seen campers before but they take it to a new level on this game. It's like they play headquarters in every playlist but without an actual headquarter!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 05:24 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Casper Whitey
The shields are easily dealt with. Throw a concussion then hip fire around them.

That's if you have a concussion grenade equipped at the time and if you die, if you have a concussion grenade class even made.

The players in HC are not better, they just camp twice as much.

I disagree. Not only are they better, they are much much better. And they do not camp twice as much: probably half as much.

HC is not harder as far as skill goes, in fact it's easier. Why? Because it takes only one bullet to kill instead of 3-4.

You have that wrong. It takes 2-4 bullets to kill in HC.

Also there is no radar, this makes the camping that much easier.

Maybe that is what you do in Hardcore but hardly any players camp in Hardcore when I play it.

I usually go 2.0ish on TDM. On HC? I played with some beast players earlier and went 20-1. Do the math.

And this is not true because you've told me otherwise.

They prestige so quickly because they know which game modes to play to obtain the most xp. And when thee is a double xp event, they plan their lives around it.

I agree, partially, but not fully. They prestige so quickly because they literally play 8-10 hours a day.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 06:20 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It seems pretty difficult to really camp in this game. There are usually so many avenues leading into various chokepoints/rooms that camping in the same spot for long periods of time seems to end up being self defeating in the long run. People get wise to you sitting in the same spot and just start walking into a room knowing you'll be there.

I think people need to start defining what exactly they mean by 'camping'. Does camping these days simply mean holding a position for a few minutes before moving on? Or does it mean sitting in the same spot for the entire game (this is the meaning that I always think of)? It seems like COD players get pissed at anyone who doesn't sprint around the map like a headless chicken at all times.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:12 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Nowadays people think you're camping when you're holding an area. It doesn't matter if you're not doing it for the entire match. If you kill them 2 or 3 times in the same building you're camping. CoD players, and shooter players, in general get pissed at whoever kills them. They will then start hating on whatever gun or method used to kill them.

Same can be said about fighters though "X char is OP because I can't beat him" but the nature of fighters is completely different so I can understand how they can easily develop hatred towards certain chars and or tactics.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:22 AM
Darth Vicious

In my case in one particular game, at least 3 people from the other team kept going to the same room/building during the whole game. We found them there, kill them, move on and a few seconds later they would go back to the same room/building. That's camping.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 10:55 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
It seems pretty difficult to really camp in this game. There are usually so many avenues leading into various chokepoints/rooms that camping in the same spot for long periods of time seems to end up being self defeating in the long run. People get wise to you sitting in the same spot and just start walking into a room knowing you'll be there.

It is pretty much near impossible to camp as a single person. If you have 2 or 3 players camping the same area/room, it is near impossible to take them down without things like airstrikes or other killstreaks.

Originally posted by BackFire
I think people need to start defining what exactly they mean by 'camping'. Does camping these days simply mean holding a position for a few minutes before moving on? Or does it mean sitting in the same spot for the entire game (this is the meaning that I always think of)? It seems like COD players get pissed at anyone who doesn't sprint around the map like a headless chicken at all times.

I think camping is sitting in the same spot, not moving, waiting for people to pass and killing them. I camp almost every match, by that definition. But if you were to add a timeframe...I would say it has to be more than 20 seconds to count as camping.

But people generally mean people who hold down a position form minutes on end or even the whole match.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 11:31 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

As a COD player whose not a hardcore douchebag, but is still pretty good, most of what DDM has said is true.

The "true" definition of camping is a person waiting in an area and killing unaware people when they pass by, and basically staying there until they get found. I've found people in houses, not watching out the windows to shoot people outside, but watching both floor level entrances to shoot anyone else coming in.

But a lot of these guys are rage machines and call camping on anybody who gets the drop on them. I've gone 30-5 on Standoff with the M1216 shotgun, and I got called on camping when I was doing nothing but literally running around the map. I'd wait at a corner if I heard somebody because I run awareness(makes all footsteps louder, and differentiates between ally/enemy) on all my classes, and I'd shoot them as they came around the corner. BOOM, I'm a camper because I heard you, and didn't charge you like a dumbass.

I've been sniping from an area, and killed people when they came in, then been stuck in there as multiple guys from the other team keep coming back and trying to kill me.

It's a love/hate relationship I have, but in HC you've got a lot of campers, but a lot more people run around or at least play strategically and maybe hold one side of the map or a small area for a bit before moving on instead of staying in a corner the whole time.

Most often the true campers are the guys with the really low but still positive K/D:R. Like if a guy goes 7-0, chances are he camped and only got a few chances to kill somebody. If a guy goes really high, either he's just that good, or he played smart. It's damn near impossible to permanently camp one area and get a super lopsided K/D unless you're cheating or just have absolutely no life and know the game better than you should.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 01:15 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote