KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America Shields Test

Captain America Shields Test
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
I thought it was common knowledge. Im surprised u didn't know.

Nah man, I had not heard or read this anywhere. Like ever. i actually giggled when i read that, and thought that Silent was messing with H1.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:05 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Harbinger
I'd give a charged Mjolnir strike by Thor a good shot at breaking the shield, provided Thor put everything he had behind said strike.

wut? How could he if the shield is 999 trillion times greater than his damage output? Now I'm really giggling.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:07 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Mindset
I disagree and you are wrong.

Since you disagree give your reasoning.
We all know Superman's incredible durability (all the shit he tanked).

Yet if something goes through him like he is a ghost.
How many more times you think the shield is more durable than him (Energy blast damage only) and why?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:12 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by h1a8
Since you disagree give your reasoning.
We all know Superman's incredible durability (all the shit he tanked).

Yet if something goes through him like he is a ghost.
How many more times you think the shield is more durable than him (Energy blast damage only) and why?
Cap's shield durability is thousands of times greater than Supes.

Because it can resist SBP's hv.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Mindset
Cap's shield durability is thousands of times greater than Supes.

Because it can resist SBP's hv.

Good argument. This means that the Serpent would rip Superman in two like the comic that I ripped up after seeing the shield turned to scrap.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:45 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by Stoic
Good argument. This means that the Serpent would rip Superman in two like the comic that I ripped up after seeing the shield turned to scrap.
thumb up

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:51 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

that I ripped up after seeing the shield turned to scrap.

really? laughing out loud

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:58 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Damborgson
really? laughing out loud

Yep. It just made no sense to me until I realized that Marvel's aim was to give the shield an upgrade. That comic is long gone, not the first time I did that either.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 08:16 AM
Silent Master

No it hasn't, remember the egg example disproves it. Lack of damage doesn't show how much more you need (unless you describe how it feels).

Yes I have because it is how you damage something that shows the level

Good for the egg, but the shield's durability has been proven to be over 999 trillion times greater than Thor/Hulk's damage output.

Can you prove that Superboy prime's hv is that powerful?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 10:04 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Nah man, I had not heard or read this anywhere. Like ever. i actually giggled when i read that, and thought that Silent was messing with H1.

smokin'

I'm just using his math, it's fun.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 10:06 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Good for the egg, but the shield's durability has been proven to be over 999 trillion times greater than Thor/Hulk's damage output.

This is a repeat post I already addressed. You must debate against my argument or don't respond. But Stop trolling!

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 03:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

This is a repeat post I already addressed. You must debate against my argument or don't respond. But Stop trolling!

Going off on a tangent about eggs doesn't prove anything in regards to the shield.

Now, Can you prove that Superboy prime's hv is over 999 trillion times as powerful as Thor/Hulk's damage output?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 03:34 PM
Naija boy

Shield should clear even if it might be a bit roughed up in some cases. Only thing iffy is HOTM hulk slam.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 03:39 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

You only have to look at what has damaged Caps sheild in the past to realise how it does here .

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:14 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Silent Master

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:20 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Nihilist
You only have to look at what has damaged Caps sheild in the past to realise how it does here .

How do you think it does?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:46 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

how many times has the shield even been broeken?
the ones I know of are: KT's amateaur eye beams, Power Gem Thanos, Molecule man, and The Serpent recently.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:52 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Beyonder Doom.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman v2 215. H don't have the scans currently though.
It happened in #214, actually... Get your facts straight.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In all seriousness, thanks. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 08:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Re: Captain America Shields Test

Pre Reboot Superman hitting it - Superman is bounced away, the shield is unblemished.

Thor charging Mjolnir and striking it - see Superman, only Thor might get KOed as a consequence too.

HOTM Hulk slamming it - The shield is shattered.

Superboy Prime's Heat Vision - The shield probably is damaged.

Silver Surfer point blank power cosmic blast - standard blast will do nothing, but his most powerful blast should break it.

Thanos blasting it - see Surfer.

Bonus: Classic Juggernaut rushes the shield. - Juggernaut is stopped, the shield remains unblemished.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 09:03 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote