KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Maleficent (2014)

Maleficent (2014)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CheshireMoon

I'm kinda excited about this!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 05:09 PM
CheshireMoon is currently offline Click here to Send CheshireMoon a Private Message Find more posts by CheshireMoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
To play this character I'd actually she needs to stop eating altogether. Maleficent was wafer thin.

Then cast somebody else. Ultra thin Jolie is not good to look at. It's Wanted all over again.

Disney used to pride itself in using actors and voice actors who were perfect for the role alongside visual art that suited the story.

This looks like a high budget yet poorly envisioned set of videogame cutscenes, with human actors oddly filmed within such effects.

I've learnt to not judge a film by its trailer but this trailer reeked of desperation. Alice in Wonderland all over again.

Last edited by the ninjak on Nov 19th, 2013 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 05:37 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by the ninjak
Then cast somebody else. Ultra thin Jolie is not good to look at.
I never thought Maleficent was good to look at. Ultra thin creepy skeletor witch seems appropriate here.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2013 12:14 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Lestov16
They were both terrorists. The latter mentioned one was about to suicide bomb a building full of innocent people.

I'm not sure what your point is erm

My point was that I've never seen a movie that ended with 2 women getting brutally killed. The shock of seeing a woman get shot point blank in the face by Travolta kinda lingered more than the actual story did.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2013 12:53 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

If seeing a terrorist get shot in the face is shocking just because of their gender, perhaps you should modernize your views?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 20th, 2013 01:05 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
My point was that I've never seen a movie that ended with 2 women getting brutally killed.
Then you have not truly lived.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2013 01:06 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

If seeing a terrorist get shot in the face is shocking just because of their gender, perhaps you should modernize your views?

Famous Director: "Yeah in this scene, not only do you get to rape & torture the female lead but you get to kill her brutally afterwards.
BUT IT'S OK she's really a terrorist & your fans will understand & respect you for it."

Tom Hanks: "Oh OK...as long as she's a terrorist..."

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2013 02:19 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

You are comparing the instant death of one terrorist (READ: TERRORIST), and the tragic death of the other (in which the guy begged her not to try to detonate the bomb which was going to kill innocent people before he was forced to shoot her) with prolonged sadistic rape, torture, and murder?

Not only do you have antiquated views on gender, but you seem to have difficulty making simple logical comparisons. Not good.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 20th, 2013 02:32 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Not only do you have antiquated views on gender, but you seem to have difficulty making simple logical comparisons. Not good.

And you're missing my point entirely.
I wasn't sharing an opinion (as I have none in the matter), I was simply stating that I've never seen a movie before that ended in 2 women getting shot, one after the other.
When someone mentions From Paris...the only memorable scene that comes to my mind is Travolta's character shooting a woman.

Did he try & arrest her for interrogation?
No.
He shot her in the face & THEN explained his reasoning afterwards.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2013 02:54 AM
TheOneFirestorm

Can't wait to see a teaser.

Disney should make more live action movies of ones made such as Aladdin.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 05:40 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lauren2

I am a great fan of Robert Stromberg and this is one of the movies of 2014 that I am really looking forward to watch.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 12:07 PM
Lauren2 is currently offline Click here to Send Lauren2 a Private Message Find more posts by Lauren2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Gotta say I'm surprised, this actually looks good.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 01:50 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

It does look good from the trailer. Throughout it, I felt Angie Jolie was no longer in the movie, she was definitely Maleficent in my eyes!

I can't shake the feeling that there a plot twist in where Maleficent has a alternate ending to the fairy tail.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 02:48 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Jolie is perfectly cast in this role.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 04:46 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

saw the trailer during those sorry ass grammy awards, this looks really good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 05:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by CheshireMoon
I'm kinda excited about this!

me as well
Kingdom hearts sparked some kind of disney anime kid in me when it came out. I realized it was still there upon seeing the commercial

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 12:08 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, looks good. Looks like it's in the same vein as Lord of the Rings. Attack of the CGI might get annoying, though..

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 02:16 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Looks very good from the previews and this is one I didn't care about prior to. Definitely seeing this in the theatre.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 05:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

More trailers and clips! Apparently, Maleficent once had wings -

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/w...ler-1201137867/

She reminds me a lot of the Death Angel in American Horror Story : Asylum.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 06:10 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hmm, seems they are turning Maleficent into almost a misunderstood anti-hero. Not a fan of that.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 09:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote