KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 181 182 [183] 184 185 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You kind of wish shooting mysterious strangers was an option to completion in RDR.

Protecting them or their friends is a lost cause, they stand out in the open to get shot. Started just making for the X in the Warhorse.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2022 03:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I just have up on finishing Elden Ring atm. Seems like I just lack the focus to go and actually end it so I'm taking a break.

Been playing Gears of War Ultimate Edition to get into the series as I'm unsure what else to play, really. Lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2022 07:22 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I just have up on finishing Elden Ring atm. Seems like I just lack the focus to go and actually end it so I'm taking a break.

Been playing Gears of War Ultimate Edition to get into the series as I'm unsure what else to play, really. Lol.

I could never get into them as a solo experience, always need to coop or go home.

Halo's different, 1, 2, 3, and Reach are great solo (Haven't played the rest)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2022 08:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adam, you like Pinball?

Anyone who likes Pinball, just tell me what you've got and maybe we can score compete. Could really use a non anonymous FX3 leaderboarder to up my Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, or Doom game.

Single Player Classic, Arcade mode on the Williams tables (Meaning the realistic physics without the insane table slope)

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 18th, 2022 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2022 08:46 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by cdtm
I could never get into them as a solo experience, always need to coop or go home.

Same.

I feel that way about several Co-op shooters honestly, like Borderlands and L4D. They're ****ing incredible with my friends, but I just can't enjoy them on my own.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 19th, 2022 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2022 02:59 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think Gears is by far the best coop shooter franchise out there...or at least in terms of a single player campaign.

Halo is OK but I never really felt that great about the coop aspect....or at least in online co-op.

Gears does such a good job of making sure you see your co-op partner actions....from their own flashlight...to the key aspect, seeing the coop partners bullet streams flying past you. The other part is seeing the enemies head pop off when attacking.

I never saw that with Halo. I always felt it as just two peeps shooting things and I never really got a sense of what the other guy was doing. Half the time I'm like..where the **** are you!.

Gears doesn't have the problem.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2022 04:27 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by StyleTime
Same.

I feel that way about several Co-op shooters honestly, like Borderlands and L4D. They're ****ing incredible with my friends, but I just can't enjoy them on my own.

I can with Borderlands, Enjoy it more Solo and also not everyone is fighting over the goddamn loot.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2022 04:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
I can with Borderlands, Enjoy it more Solo and also not everyone is fighting over the goddamn loot.

We solved that problem with a really bad internet connection on one end.

Meaning whoever was hosting generally got ALL the loot before the other parties knew they dropped. 🤣

Old Post Apr 20th, 2022 11:56 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I have a philosophical problem.

I don't like the idea of funding Zen when they abandoned the Steam community for Epic Game Store. Yet I didn't buy Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet Pinball, and it looks f'n awesome.

And all Marvel pins will not be on the new Epic system, because license. Which logically means at some point they'll probably pull them from Steam unless it's a perpetual license for one platform (doubtful).

And I mean, I use Epic. I'm not one of those who hates Epic and loves Steam. I mostly hate how Zen promised to update their FX3 Willams tables with the latest and best physics, and now they aren't, and telling everyone to get the best physics on EGS.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2022 09:15 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Finished God of War, The Valkyrie Queen didn't take me that long to beat her.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 01:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Decided to test out the new Epic Game Store Pinball FX physics, now that Son of Zeus and Star Wars Clone Wars are the two tables on daily free rotation, both of which I own in Steam's FX3.

First off, the requirements are much steeper. I can just about get playable frames with low settings and 50-70% resolution scaling, at the cost of a much worse looking table compared to FX3, which I can get playable framerates even on high settings there (Except the Williams Tables with the realism physics, that I need to disable shadows and lower other settings)

You can't disable anything in Epic's version either. No disabling shadows outright, no switching off post processing. Only low settings, which makes a big difference to borderline cases like mine.

As to the actual gameplay.... For Clone Wars, I definitely notice a difference. The ball has more weight to it, drains much faster, doesn't go up lanes as easily. Is it more "realistic", I couldn't say. They promised to switch their arcadey propriety "Zen Physics" the the newest ultra realistic "Williams" flipper physics for every table. I can't really say this seems as realistic as playing Circus Voltaire or White Water.

But Son of Zeus, that one I don't see much difference at all. Handling seems identical to me. Either the phony Zen Physics were super tuned to play really close to Williams style, or they didn't actually add Williams style flipper and ball physics to every table as promised.

Overall not too impressed.

I also found this interesting video:

It shows ball behavior in Theater of Magic, comparing EGS Pinball FX, PH3 "Zen physics", and FX3 ultra realistic "Arcade Williams physics"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 04:30 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Salt and Sanctuary.

That's kind of like playing Elden Ring right?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 12:46 AM
StyleTime

I'd say Salt and Sanctuary is one of the best Soulslikes out there. And that's despite having a fraction of the budget of many of its peers.

I'm looking forward to Salt and Sacrifice in May.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 24th, 2022 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 01:47 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a LOT of fun. thumb up

I needed something after reading a list of glitch's turned me off from Red Dead Redemption. Something about faces being horribly distorted on shot. Teeth and eyes bulging out, exclusive to one console version.

I haven't actually noticed any of this myself, but its always going to be in the back of mind now.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2022 01:40 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rom files keep getting corrupted on an SD card. I keep the card sitting in an emulation console, and it can sit in a drawer for months and when I pull it out, games that were working fine suddenly won't load.

It's an offline system, so no updates to blame on it. I figure there must be physical damage happening, but I can't understand how that's possible by simply staying locked in a drive on a flat surface.

I assume SD cards aren't known to degrade over time like tape cassettes would? I mean, it's a digital medium, so I assume these things last forever if properly stored.

Old Post May 1st, 2022 05:21 PM
Jmanghan

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Holy shit the restoration bug is op.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 2nd, 2022 11:56 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I keep seeing Skyrim articles in my feed.

It's like Bethesda is trying to drown out Elden Ring hype.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 02:40 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Salt and Sanctuary.

Is it my imagination or does borderless window mode give more stable fps then Full?

Old Post May 4th, 2022 07:56 PM
Jmanghan

Assassin's Creed 2, still awesome to this day but I enjoyed Black Flag and Brotherhood a biiiit more, though Brotherhood's villain was WAY weaker as a character.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 5th, 2022 10:13 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fun game, found the symbol hunts frustrating.

Old Post May 6th, 2022 11:14 AM