KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC vs. Marvel: Four on Four Fight

DC vs. Marvel: Four on Four Fight
Started by: Pillow Biter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EcstaticGrace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cogito
Way to cherry pick one instance of a high herald beating another and pretending like the sky is falling. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's not entirely unreasonable, though it is premature. Orion does not really have enough feats in the DCnU that I know of to form an opinion. As I said, his appearances in WW were underwhelming, but his appearances in GL gave the impression that he was Trans+. That wouldn't necessarily shock me as all of the New Gods seem to have gotten a pretty significant upgrade.

Ironic your speaking of cherry picking... you brought up Orion in Wonder Woman. I brought up Hal vs Wonder Woman.

If you want I could also use Superman vs Hal compared to Superman vs Orion. The Nu52 consistently has Hal at a lower level I'm sorry if that makes you hurt in anyway.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:25 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Based on what? He's suggested to have past story elements that happened in the GL mythos, but they obviously didn't happen under the same circumstances. Death of Superman was suggested to have happened in the Nu52 obviously not under the same circumstances.

Rebirth explains that. Time was stolen from the universe. These are the same characters as before.
quote:

Blackest Night is cannon to the Nu52 mythos but Wonder Woman doesn't remember trying to kill her mom or sidekicks, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter never died in the Nu52 so it obviously didn't take place the same way meaning why would we use feats that aren't under the Nu52 numbering.

Seriously, read DC rebirth.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ironic your speaking of cherry picking... you brought up Orion in Wonder Woman. I brought up Hal vs Wonder Woman.

If you want I could also use Superman vs Hal compared to Superman vs Orion. The Nu52 consistently has Hal at a lower level I'm sorry if that makes you hurt in anyway.

His mind is already gone. He doesn't think it's unreasonable to suggest Orion could solo the Marvel team.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:29 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman was above Hal pre Flashpoint as well.

Being below Superman doesn't means you're at a lower level. If that was the case, pretty much every DC top tier would be at a lower level.

Superman is just that powerful.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:30 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by abhilegend
Rebirth explains that. Time was stolen from the universe. These are the same characters as before.

Seriously, read DC rebirth.

That doesn't make your statements true in any regard. Rebirth also ignores the Nu Teen Titans history with Cyborg, Ravens and Beast Boy. Cyborg is still a JL founder, and Martian Manhunter isnt. Rebirth doesn't suggest pick feats you want in continuity.

Explain also why Hal being sent flying by Wonder Woman stomping doesn't look bad...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:31 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

You brought up a couple panels and no resolution to the fight. I brought up appearances across several issues. If you don't see the difference I can't help you.

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
If you truly believe that you are completely ****ed in the head and there is little to no hope.
Don't act like you've actually read it and developed an informed opinion.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:32 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Superman was above Hal pre Flashpoint as well.

Being below Superman doesn't means you're at a lower level. If that was the case, pretty much every DC top tier would be at a lower level.

Superman is just that powerful.

(please log in to view the image)

Ironic that she still pushed back Hal by stomping..

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:32 PM
EcstaticGrace

You brought up a couple panels and no resolution to the fight. I brought up appearances across several issues. If you don't see the difference I can't help you.

Don't act like you've actually read it and developed an informed opinion.

The fight didn't even need a conclusion... Wonder Woman pounced on him for several panels and Hal didn't get any hits in until Superman distracted Diana based on the little we got Cyborg saved Hal's life.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:34 PM
Cogito

The fight didn't even need a conclusion... Wonder Woman pounced on him for several panels and Hal didn't get any hits in until Superman distracted Diana based on the little we got Cyborg saved Hal's life.

The winner of a fight is not always whoever gets the first hit or two in.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:35 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Ironic since Hal got the first move yet bled the most via a backhand.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:36 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That doesn't make your statements true in any regard. Rebirth also ignores the Nu Teen Titans history with Cyborg, Ravens and Beast Boy. Cyborg is still a JL founder, and Martian Manhunter isnt. Rebirth doesn't suggest pick feats you want in continuity.

It shows all the characters are the same.
quote:

Explain also why Hal being sent flying by Wonder Woman stomping doesn't look bad...

Because he isn't above getting thrown around by a Superman level being when he is not expecting it. He was never even close to getting beaten.

Hal also looked better than Diana against Darkseid.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:37 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He was never even close to getting beaten.

Oh, he was quite close, I'd say.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

It shows all the characters are the same.

Because he isn't above getting thrown around by a Superman level being when he is not expecting it. He was never even close to getting beaten.

Hal also looked better than Diana against Darkseid.

So Wonder Woman is a Superman lvl being?

He wasn't expecting her to attack him after charging at her? He flew to her to attack her. She cut his chest and then stomped on the ground saying to be gone. Superman feeling pity for Hal tried to calm Diana down..

Also not really...

Darkseid broke Hal's hand. Darkseid also sent Hal flying and broke his constructs by stomping on the ground which did nothing to Diana but provide a nice breeze. You'll have to explain to me how Hal did better.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Jun 28th, 2016 at 07:42 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:39 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

(please log in to view the image)

Ironic that she still pushed back Hal by stomping..

Remind me which of these characters have never been moved by a high class 100 level character before.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:42 PM
EcstaticGrace

Remind me which of these characters have never been moved by a high class 100 level character before.

Remind me which of these characters have been moved by a high class 100 level character without any direct contact.. no upgrades obviously.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:44 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So Wonder Woman is a Superman lvl being?

Yes, she is equal to Supergirl in strength. That's right around Superman level.
quote:

He wasn't expecting her to attack him after charging at her? He flew to her to attack her. She cut his chest and then stomped on the ground saying to be gone. Superman feeling pity for Hal tried to calm Diana down..

OK, I thought you were trying to talk about the initial attack.

But stomping someone away doesn't means much. A kryptonite poisoned Superman knocked away two Justice League teams at once. That doesn't means he was beating both teams.
quote:

Also not really...

Darkseid broke Hal's hand. Darkseid also sent Hal flying and broke his constructs by stomping on the ground which did nothing to Diana but provide a nice breeze.

Yes, just sending Hal flying and crashing into wonder woman stunned her while he was back at his feet in no time.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_wQwmkCKW.../s1600/p5_8.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y1JuAV_LC.../s1600/p5_9.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7ztoDPxMo...s1600/p5_10.jpg

He did better than anyone save Superman.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:54 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Remind me which of these characters have been moved by a high class 100 level character without any direct contact.. no upgrades obviously.

Uh, everyone? But Hal is not a strength type of character.

He can protect himself with a force-field but you're taking a single scene too far.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:57 PM
EcstaticGrace

Yes, she is equal to Supergirl in strength. That's right around Superman level.

OK, I thought you were trying to talk about the initial attack.

But stomping someone away doesn't means much. A kryptonite poisoned Superman knocked away two Justice League teams at once. That doesn't means he was beating both teams.

Yes, just sending Hal flying and crashing into wonder woman stunned her while he was back at his feet in no time.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_wQwmkCKW.../s1600/p5_8.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y1JuAV_LC.../s1600/p5_9.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7ztoDPxMo...s1600/p5_10.jpg

He did better than anyone save Superman.

Stunned her when? You provided anything but Hal performing better. Honestly Aquaman and Wonder Woman did better against Darkseid given the fact they actually pierced him. Hal's constructs broke on contact with Darkseid in the scans you provided.. and he was beaten up how exactly did he do better. It just looks like the League let him keep going at Darkseid it doesn't look like any of them were stunned...

You didn't provide anything backing your point on anyone else having indirect difficulty against someone of Diana's strength. Who were on these teams that Superman sent flying. It's a nice mention but it's hollow..

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 07:59 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your fellow Superman butt buddy Abby counts situation in which one character "looked better" than the other, in his opinion of course.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 08:00 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Uh, everyone? But Hal is not a strength type of character.

He can protect himself with a force-field but you're taking a single scene too far.

His whole fight against Wonder Woman makes him look bad.

The New Gods mention is another Example.

Superman beating up Hal in Origins

Also in regards to your Supergirl statement, Lobdell compared the difference in strength between Supergirl and Superman like comparing a 16 year old girl to a 30 year old man.

The Darkseid one is a nice consideration of will power but he is just getting beat up.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 08:03 PM