KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » MUI Goku vs IG Thanos

MUI Goku vs IG Thanos
Started by: Dark-Kenshin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inedian
Carver likes to troll sometimes just like cdtm.

Cdtm trolls far more in relation to DBS, 99% of the time.

Anywhere where else he's a good poster.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 08:09 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Do we have reaction speed for Thanos? From what I know of him(the silver surfer almost snagging the IG from him at around LS, regardless of sensory input or not), I could definitely see the Flash taking it from Thanos, if we're using Wally West.

If that's the case, then I could definitely see Goku doing it. /shrug

Iirc. Thanos "turned off" all but one of the infinity gems in that instance. Mephisto convinced him to do so to impress Death, by beating all the hero's without being all powerful. I'm not sure what gem he was using though. Might have been the power gem.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:12 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Do we have reaction speed for Thanos? From what I know of him(the silver surfer almost snagging the IG from him at around LS, regardless of sensory input or not), I could definitely see the Flash taking it from Thanos, if we're using Wally West.

If that's the case, then I could definitely see Goku doing it. /shrug
What do you mean "regardless of sensory input"..? That is *the* most important bit of context about that showing.

Thanos had purposefully turned off ALL sensory input from the gems, which essentially turned off his omniscience so that he did not know his opponents' next moves. Despite this, he was STILL able to out-react Surfer, despite him traveling massively FTL at the time.

His sensory input would be very much 'on' here, however. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:16 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep

Originally posted by Galan007
What do you mean "regardless of sensory input"..? That is *the* most important bit of context about that showing.

Thanos had purposefully turned off ALL sensory input from the gems, which essentially turned off his omniscience so that he did not know his opponents' next moves. Despite this, he was STILL able to out-react Surfer, despite him traveling massively FTL at the time.

I stand corrected.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 05:37 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

No you were right, he was using the power gem. Galan is just saying he turned off his omniscience.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 06:00 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep

Originally posted by Damborgson
No you were right, he was using the power gem. Galan is just saying he turned off his omniscience.

I finally got something right, on these boards. Been awhile.

Last edited by meep-meep on Mar 6th, 2018 at 06:56 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 06:53 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Damborgson
thumb up

Thanos still wielded the IG's unlimited power -- he just didn't know his opponents' next moves, because he turned off ALL sensory input/omniscience.

Despite this, Thanos STILL managed to dodge a sneak-attack-blitz from Surfer, who was traveling massively FTL(he covered over a light year in the space of a few panels, ffs.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 6th, 2018 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Nothing MUI can't handle ^ stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 04:15 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Thanos still wielded the IG's unlimited power -- he just didn't know his opponents' next moves, because he turned off ALL sensory input/omniscience.

Despite this, Thanos STILL managed to dodge a sneak-attack-blitz from Surfer, who was traveling massively FTL(he covered over a light year in the space of a few panels, ffs.)

True GALAN ! big grin

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 07:27 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

My point is that Thanos barely reacted to Surfer in time, and Surfer doesn't move nearly as fast as all the relevant DBS characters.

My point is that the sensory input from the gems gives him omniscience, so normally he would know what is going to happen before it does. This is correct. What I fail to see here, is how that will help him here. If Goku is capable of moving so much faster than him, fast enough to outspeed time-stop, then I don't see how Thanos can stop him from snagging the gauntlet before he gets a chance to use it.

Thanos could easily destroy him with the gauntlet, but he would have to be able to use it. I'm arguing that Goku will be fast enough here to do that before Thanos is able to stop him. Gems be dammed, Thanos still has to think to use them, meaning he has synapses firing at a finite speed, even if that was fast enough to barely react to Surfer. Thanos wasn't using the gems input, meaning his own reaction speed was good enough to react to that sneak attack by Surfer.

From what I've seen though, Thanos even with the IG fully active has never dealt with someone that could potentially outright blitz him like Goku can. He just fought a bunch of people that he easily overpowered. I haven't seen a single argument/showing yet that could convince me that, in this setting, someone like Goku, the Flash, SA Supe's with acceleration, etc. couldn't snag the gauntlet off of Thanos if they came in knowing that they needed to, while using full speed.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 07:53 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My point is that Thanos barely reacted to Surfer in time, and Surfer doesn't move nearly as fast as all the relevant DBS characters.
You're not grasping the concept that his omniscience was TURNED OFF, yet he STILL managed to out-react a massively FTL blitz. Had his omniscience been active, Surfer's blitz would have been countered before it even happened, because Thanos would have already known every single move he was going to make.

Exact same logic applies here. You're acting like Goku will be able to 'get the jump' on a fully omniscient being whom also possesses absolute mastery over the very flow of time/space itself... The dick-riding is unreal.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 6th, 2018 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 08:09 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

*Mephisto scans*

The only reason they got the gauntlet away from Nebula who was basically completely retarded, was because Warlock was sabotaging it from the inside. It's a glove yes, but it's not something you can just yoink off the hand without some serious shit happening.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 08:22 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

You're not grasping the concept that his omniscience was TURNED OFF, yet he STILL managed to out-react a massively FTL blitz. Had his omniscience been active, Surfer's blitz would have been countered before it even happened, because Thanos would have already known every single move he was going to make.

Exact same logic applies here. You're acting like Goku will be able to 'get the jump' on a fully omniscient being whom also possesses absolute mastery over the very flow of time/space itself... The dick-riding is unreal.

thumb up

Again, IG Thanos oneshots DBS.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:46 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Wrong, you're simply misconstruing what happened in that scene.

(please log in to view the image)

1. Silver Surfer was not "blitzing" Thanos.

2. Thanos did not react to the Silver Surfer's movement, even though he still had control over time. His mastery over time is one of the most underexplored aspects of the IG, outside of time travel showings. Regardless, the point is that time control =/= infinite reaction time or speed. That would be like saying that Galactus also has infinite reaction speed, because he can manipulate/control time.

3. Silver Surfer HIMSELF was unable to grab the gauntlet simply because he couldn't perceive what was happening accurately enough to snag it while moving at such a high speed. He was also going so fast that Thanos didn't even notice him approaching until he had passed by, meaning that if someone was capable of moving at that speed(FTL, capable of passing a few lightyears in the span of a couple seconds during a fight between Captain America and IG Thanos), but also doing so accurately enough to snag the gauntlet, then they could easily snag the gauntlet in a similar scenario.

4. What I don't think you're understanding is the fact that Thanos doesn't have infinite reaction speed, and he can't do anything before the fight starts.

Based on showings, the INSTANT this fight starts, Goku will have the gauntlet in his hand before Thanos even knows wtf happened.

MUI Goku >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Silver Surfer, in terms of speed and power. And Silver Surfer was able to move faster than Thanos could react to, even with "mastery over time".

Thanos himself remarked, when he was imbued with the HOTU, that the IG was only an external control over the universe, meaning that he was still unable to exert absolute control over the universe. Since his control is clearly limited, and the limit of his time control is lower than that of Silver Surfer's speed, he has no defense against someone who can literally move faster than time as accurately as Goku can.

Sure, Thanos has omniscience. But in a forum scenario, he is going to be a few meters away from Goku, and nothing will happen until AFTER the fight begins. MUI Goku is more than fast enough to snag the gauntlet before it even registers to Thanos that the fight has begun. MUI Goku is able to move infinitely faster than SS, even in short range. Goku won't have to fly light years away and build up speed, and then still be unable to react to his own speed and fail to snag the gauntlet.

In the instant that the fight starts, MUI Goku moving at full speed will have grabbed the gauntlet before Thanos can react, and before his omniscience, time control, etc, even come into play.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 06:54 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

SSJGOGETA didn't read the comics anyway...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:09 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

2. Thanos did not react to the Silver Surfer's movement, even though he still had control over time. His mastery over time is one of the most underexplored aspects of the IG, outside of time travel showings. Regardless, the point is that time control =/= infinite reaction time or speed.

Because Thanos had intentionally limited his power in that scene, if you look at the full page we can see Thanos restoring his power in the bottom right panel.

In fact when he depowered himself he strictly imposed extrasensory limitations.

Last edited by Astner on Mar 7th, 2018 at 11:39 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:32 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Astner
Because Thanos had intentionally limited his power in that scene, if you look at the full page we can see Thanos restoring his power in the bottom right panel.

In fact when he depowered himself he strictly imposed extrasensory limitations.

Good post. I was close to upload the scans but you perfectly did the job. thumb up

Infinity Gauntlet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zeno.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:41 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by RealityWarper
SSJGOGETA didn't read the comics anyway...
Yeah, that was made abundantly clear by his above post, which I'm not even going to waste my time dismantling. He's nonsensically grasping at straws here.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 7th, 2018 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:20 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

WTF does "move faster than time" even mean anyway?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:30 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Maybe he thinks that because Goku figured out how to counter Hit's time-skip, that he is now "faster than time" across the board.

He's probably one of the people who believes that Jiren has blanket immunity to ALL temporal attacks, just because he broke free of Hit's time cage, lol.

As I mentioned above, he's throwing around this hysterically nonsensical non-logic like it's supposed to mean something here. I just can't...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:06 PM