KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Comic Book Questions & Discussion
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1738): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
I guess i just dont get why we would think he didn't throw the hammer? Isnt that thor's whole shtick?

Pretty much unless I've got the wrong impression of him all these years.
Maybe he's not a warrior god and just whispers to his hammers to do all the work.

I can't wait to see the rest of his heroing career where he just tells his hammers to fly and hit, fly and hit, fly and hit 99% of the time. That would be the awesomest.

Then again I could be wrong.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Dec 21st, 2018 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:18 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Thor- The Hammer Whisperer.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:21 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
Pray for Thor.
You're too far gone to understand what's happening in that scan.

So the scan didn't say what I typed?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Pretty much unless I've got the wrong impression of him all these years.
Maybe he's not a warrior god and just whispers to his hammers to do all the work.

I can't wait to see the rest of his heroing career where he just tells his hammers to fly and hit, fly and hit, fly and hit 99% of the time. That would be the awesomest.

Then again I could be wrong.

I think it's cute you still have faith that Aaron cares about what came before.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:41 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I guess i just dont get why we would think he didn't throw the hammer? Isnt that thor's whole shtick?

Because we have seen that one doesn't need to throw the hammers for it to fly.

The text itself merely said that Thor sent the hammer. Previously, we've see them being sent without any throwing.

Moreover, it was based on people saying the preceding panel showed him twirling his hammer just before it flies.

But if you look closely, you'll see there's nothing attaching the hammer to the planet. So we're missing panels in between. And that was the main piece of proof, lol.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Why would he start vigorously twirling the hammer and talk about sending the prison flying to eternity if he's just going to whisper to it?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:54 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

All show, no substance.

That's what Thor is about.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Why would he start vigorously twirling the hammer and talk about sending the prison flying to eternity if he's just going to whisper to it?

Check the scan.

There's nothing attaching the hammer to the planet.

And no one said whispering lol. He can mentally command them still .

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:58 PM
DeadpoolXXX

I see what youre saying about the chain. But what reason do we have to believe Thor mentally commanded the hammer to start flying, instead of just throwing it like he almost always does? i mean wouldn't it be very out of character for thor to NOT have physically thrown the hammer?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:03 PM
DarkSaint85

I see what youre saying about the chain. But what reason do we have to believe Thor mentally commanded the hammer to start flying, instead of just throwing it like he almost always does? i mean wouldn't it be very out of character for thor to NOT have physically thrown the hammer?

We honestly can't use the 'this is what's in character for Thor to do' argument, lol, because it's Aaron.

In the very same issue, we have Thor crying because Mjolnir doesn't tell him what to do, lol. Like it's his Jiminy Cricket.

We have Aaron writing Odin like some boor.

Mangog and Mjolnir dying in the Sun.

And yet, we're still clinging to the 'Oh, Aaron must have studied Thor lore, and has written him exactly like how he's always been portrayed?

Ok.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:09 PM
DeadpoolXXX

So none of thor's past character history should count here?

Doesnt that seem extremely biased?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:10 PM
DarkSaint85

So none of thor's past character history should count here?

Doesnt that seem extremely biased?

I'm saying it's suspect.

And I don't think it's biased. Thor is literally tongue tied around She Hulk, for example. Has no clue how to talk to women - even though,you know, he used to date Jane.
. Used to walk on the sun, but now would get killed. Mopes around mourning the loss of his arm and hammer.

Celey even messaged Aaron about how he was writing Thor's character all wrong, lol. And now, he's asserting that Aaron takes Thor's history into account?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:14 PM
DarkSaint85

Mind you, I am not saying definitely that he commanded the hammer to fly off.

I am saying we can't say which it is. And using the 'this is his character' line of reasoning with Aaron is suspect.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:19 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by CosmicComet
True @ Stilt. There was a scan where Odin had to tell thor that Mjolnir could swing around at lightspeed.

If Thor's arm could that by itself he wouldn't have needed Odin to tell him that Mjolnir has that ability.

As they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The claim that Thor physcially swung the prison sized planet off panel is a much taller claim than saying it was simply commanded to fly, especially when there is precedent for it. So it requires far more evidence to prove he physically threw it than to assume it was just commanded to fly.

Until that happens, the more conservative claim takes precedence.

In short.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:22 PM
DeadpoolXXX

But i could just as easily call the idea that he mentally commanded the hammer to preform this feat an "extraordinary claim", because it contradicts what is in character for thor- regardless of aaron, everything thors done up to this point still counts. confused

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:30 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thor sucks, bro. Sooner you accept it, the better thumb up

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:35 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

But i could just as easily call the idea that he mentally commanded the hammer to preform this feat an "extraordinary claim", because it contradicts what is in character for thor- regardless of aaron, everything thors done up to this point still counts. confused

Except it doesn't contradict Thor as written by Aaron. As Aaron contradicts himself.

You can't just gloss over and say 'regardless of Aaron'. Thor never needed Mjolnir to tell him how to act, what to do. Yet, Aaron clearly writes Thor as needing/wanting Mjolnir. Even though this contradicts what's in character for Thor.

So there is indeed precedence for contradiction of character.

There isn't one for Thor throwing a hammer (even Mjolnir) so hard that it tows a planet.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:36 PM
DeadpoolXXX

how many times has thor mentally commanded the hammer to preform throwing or pulling feats under aaron?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:37 PM
DarkSaint85

how many times has thor mentally commanded the hammer to preform throwing or pulling feats under aaron?

We see him summoning hammers. After he throws them, they still return to his hand. We even see the hammer in THIS very issue breaking him free from prison, lol.

He can command them mentally. And does so in this issue.

Him being able to command them has always been a staple.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:43 PM
DeadpoolXXX

So how many times has thor mentally commanded the hammer to specifically preform throwing or pulling feats under aaron? once we have that number we can weigh it against the amount of times he's physically thrown the hammer under aaron.

then we'll know which type of feat is more in character from him under aaron. big grin

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:54 PM