KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek: Picard
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Glad about Vadic but Amanda Plummer was amazing

I have enjoyed this show and no amount of crybaby jackasses and trumpers WILL EVER TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME

Because Trumpers hate freedom, Bruce.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 13th, 2023 04:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I stopped watching after three eps I think, whichever was the ep Worf showed up.

I'm going to try and catch up this weekend. It's better than Picrd S1-2, but still not great imo.

Only new Trek TV shows I've really liked so far has been Strange New Worlds, which had 7 great episodes, 2 okay episodes and 1 dirty ass bad episode.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2023 04:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this series just is simply amazing...

so obvious [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the enterprise d was going to be used

also great to hear [SPOILER - highlight to read]: majel barrett

i suspected [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jack was borg so how fitting starfleet's greatest enemy must be dealt with..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 14th, 2023 02:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I stopped watching after three eps I think, whichever was the ep Worf showed up.

I'm going to try and catch up this weekend. It's better than Picrd S1-2, but still not great imo.

Only new Trek TV shows I've really liked so far has been Strange New Worlds, which had 7 great episodes, 2 okay episodes and 1 dirty ass bad episode.

This one of the trumpers you're talking about Bruce?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2023 01:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^cdtm is a dummy trying to derail the thread

Anyhow, watched a couple more this weekend, still better than S1-2 of Pciard, but not nearly as good as Strange New Worlds.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2023 04:04 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everyone calls me based.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2023 05:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

loved the series finale

great seeing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Q

cannot wait for more adventures of the Enterprise G

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 21st, 2023 03:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm really confused after watching the last episode of this season.

Did they all just pretend season 2's events with the Borg didn't happen?

And Jack Crusher's actions in episode 9 is legendary level CIS and PIS. They spend all those episodes running from Vadic and her ship, enduring all those losses...only for him to run willingly to the one really pursuing them this whole time? What the f**k?

How he is not locked away in a Federation prison being observed by scientists, even if he isn't executed for being a potential danger to the rest of the Federation...but no! He's gets fast tracked and promoted to a new command by the end.

And not a single major character gets a heroic death. How old fashioned TV of them.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2023 01:52 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Finally finished this last night. Was superior to S1-2, but that's not a high bar. Did love the loads and loads of nostalgia with all the characters from the different shows and ships from shows and films.

Was not a huge fan that once again it's the god damn Borg, even though I think the Borg belong in the top 10 greatest SciFi villains, I would have preferred it was just the Changelings wanting revenge.

The decrepit Borg Queen did look badass though, gruesome and evil.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 07:06 PM
Darth Thor

Was way better than first two seasons, defo enjoyable as a sequel to the Next Gen.

But much preferred they were using the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: founders as the villain, instead of back to the borg. We already did that least season.

Also very disappointed at having No DS9 cameos. If ever there was a time to bring back some of the DS9 crew, this was it.

Old Post May 10th, 2023 03:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finally finished this last night. Was superior to S1-2, but that's not a high bar. Did love the loads and loads of nostalgia with all the characters from the different shows and ships from shows and films.

Was not a huge fan that once again it's the god damn Borg, even though I think the Borg belong in the top 10 greatest SciFi villains, I would have preferred it was just the Changelings wanting revenge.

I think you should make that thread top 10 screen, big and small Sci Fi villians. Would the borg make my top 10? I'm not sure.

Old Post May 10th, 2023 05:20 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Borg was ruined since Voyager unfortunately. First Contact, awesome as it was, did them dirty with the Queen which went against the pure hive mind concept and gave them a leader, but Voyager turned them from threat to joke between Species 8472 ruining their assimilation gimmick and Future Janeway just swatting them like flies.

And frankly even in TNG the Borg Civil War was just goofy nonsense, it did nothing for them.

And the downward spiral continues with Picard, where they aren't even the biggest threat in the room. Overexposed, and a victim of Villain Decay.

Last edited by cdtm on May 11th, 2023 at 12:39 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2023 12:37 AM
Darth Thor

^ Agreed theyve been overused. Heck used twice in 3 seasons of Picard !

And yeah Voyager sucked overusing the Borg. Problem was they werent great at making their own big bad.

Old Post May 11th, 2023 04:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I think you should make that thread top 10 screen, big and small Sci Fi villians. Would the borg make my top 10? I'm not sure.

Done!

https://www.killermovies.com/forums...threadid=684186

Old Post May 12th, 2023 07:02 PM