KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls Remastered
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

I feel like this is the most active a thread has been in years.

Anyway, apparently everyone hates the remaster, what are ya'lls complaints about it?

From what I can see they only ruined the sound and lighting while improving the frame-rate and a bunch of textures?

That's fine for me if I can get across Blighttown without feeling like it's a slideshow.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 07:02 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
That's like using gameshark..

Melee only skrub.
Nah, Quality builds also make the game too easy.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 07:10 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by NemeBro
Wait, then who do you find difficult in Dark Souls 1?

Capra Demon was the one I spent the most time on (I didn't know how to cheese him).

However, a big part of this for me wasn't because of the boss itself but all the mobs you had to fight before getting to him. I was playing a character with a big heavy slow sword and, at this point, I still had shit poise because of my lack of armor. So those assassins and dogs would often interrupt my attacks and **** me up.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 07:15 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You mean the one that looks like you but deader?

I hate the ghost that shoots his arms at you.

A giant moth, I think?

Past the area with giant rock roman gladiator like things.

I kind of stopped playing it after I ran into that boss, but not because of the boss. More because I kept trying to fight those baby dragons and sucking enough where I got frustrated.

To be honest, if I put in half as much effort at Dark Souls as I did at Everspace, I'd probably have beaten it several times over. It's just I never really felt like I knew what I was doing in terms of builds, I just ran around with a Zweihander all the time, and barely put anything in stats because I read something about needing to be low level, for something pvp related.. Never did the pvp.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 12:46 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Mmh the only giant moth is The Radiance lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 06:08 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I think he's talking about the Moonlight Butterfly, actually. I was confused at first, too.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 3rd, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:28 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
Capra Demon was the one I spent the most time on (I didn't know how to cheese him).

However, a big part of this for me wasn't because of the boss itself but all the mobs you had to fight before getting to him. I was playing a character with a big heavy slow sword and, at this point, I still had shit poise because of my lack of armor. So those assassins and dogs would often interrupt my attacks and **** me up.

Capra Demon was so poorly designed, you don't lose to it because you couldn't "git gud", you lose to it because it's bullshit and objectively unfair.

The Centipede Demon is also BS.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 08:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
A giant moth, I think?

Past the area with giant rock roman gladiator like things.

I kind of stopped playing it after I ran into that boss, but not because of the boss. More because I kept trying to fight those baby dragons and sucking enough where I got frustrated.

To be honest, if I put in half as much effort at Dark Souls as I did at Everspace, I'd probably have beaten it several times over. It's just I never really felt like I knew what I was doing in terms of builds, I just ran around with a Zweihander all the time, and barely put anything in stats because I read something about needing to be low level, for something pvp related.. Never did the pvp.

If you never did PvP why run around with low stats? Also who the hell told you not to have high stats for PvP?

Stats, while not nearly important as skill, are a big deal for first-time players. It's also arguably more important for PvP, not that it matters because the latency is awful and backstabs are abundant (and annoying). Plus the hitboxes are ****ed in all versions of the game.

Also, Moonlight Butterfly is one of the easiest bosses in the game for both melee and magic.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jul 3rd, 2020 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 08:09 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Lag back stabs make pvp unplayable for me in DS1. DS3 is definitely the way to go for pvp.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 08:37 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Didn't have many great PVP experiences in DS3. Usually it amounted to both parties rolling at each other for several minutes, and throwing the occasional swing, praying that it would catch the other person out of their i-frames.

Granted, I don't play any of these games for the PVP, so my experiences are limited. But I think I preferred the more limited agility of the previous games. Easier to punish, but harder to get away with mistakes. I remember having some particularly fun bouts in DS2.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 3rd, 2020 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 10:01 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Didn't have many great PVP experiences in DS3. Usually it amounted to both parties rolling at each other for several minutes, and throwing the occasional swing, praying that it would catch the other person out of their i-frames.

Granted, I don't play any of these games for the PVP, so my experiences are limited. But I think I preferred the more limited agility of the previous games. Easier to punish, but harder to get away with mistakes. I remember having some particularly fun bouts in DS2.
Dude whats your steam? Pm me.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 10:39 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think he's talking about the Moonlight Butterfly, actually. I was confused at first, too.

Must be it.

Just flying out of reach throwing glowing balls at you.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Dude whats your steam? Pm me.

y tho

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:54 PM
Jmanghan

y tho
Becuz. Cuz..

We KMC'ers have to stick together.

So far I sent a dick pic to Walshy, Nemebro and Adam Grimes, you're next on the list bucko.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 12:32 AM
Jmanghan

Don't be a stick in the mud damnit.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 08:26 PM
Jmanghan

Edit: Okay decided to make a normal post.

How is Gwyn in terms of hardness? Because I've heard while he's a great boss, he isn't super hard like the others. Although I guess it depends on who you're comparing it to.

I reckon he'll be easier then Kalameet, Artorias, Manus, and O&S, but harder then everything else.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jul 8th, 2020 at 07:14 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:10 AM
Jmanghan

Gwyn was easy asf.

Parrying ruins him as a boss, but he did give me a few deaths.

Woot, nearly 10 years later and I've finally completed DkS and its DLC.

...Now to DkS2 and DkS3.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 12:26 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Nah, Quality builds also make the game too easy.

thumb up
Strength builds as well.

People also forget that Great Shields trivialize most of the game. Even high stability medium shields make many scary attacks suddenly laughable.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 6th, 2020 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 06:15 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Actually, I did most of this run without multiplayer. MOST OF, I did do some pvp runs and I helped some dude kill Artorias.

Is it worth it to do another run with multiplayer help?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 01:41 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

but why

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 01:44 AM