KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » There is no radical left in the United States, period.

There is no radical left in the United States, period.
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supporting radical ideas does not require radical action it requires strong belief. Jeremy Corbyn was a radical leftist but also a pacifist. For instance I:

Keep the faith (in my fellow man) smile

Stay Whirly (I stay true to me and my beliefs where I can) rock

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Aug 6th, 2021 at 02:43 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 02:41 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Not forgetting the late 50s, 60's,70's,00's in the UK and to a lesser degree the US, the anti Vietnam war and CND for example.
’50s to 70s were mostly over black and women rights, but I get your point. “The Reagan revolution “ as it’s referred to, did its best to end unions and spread propaganda against any country that wouldn’t give its resources to the US. In many ways, they succeeded, until a bunch of radicals flew planes into the world trade centre.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 02:43 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
’50s to 70s were mostly over black and women rights, but I get your point. “The Reagan revolution “ as it’s referred to, did its best to end unions and spread propaganda against any country that wouldn’t give its resources to the US. In many ways, they succeeded, until a bunch of radicals flew planes into the world trade centre.
Vietnam loomed large.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 02:44 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Supporting radical ideas does not require radical action it requires strong belief. Jeremy Corbyn was a radical leftist but also a pacifist. For instance I:

I'd say pacifism can be a radical action, in the context of a violent world. But yeah, I agree, generally

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 02:45 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
I'd say pacifism can be a radical action, in the context of a violent world. But yeah, I agree, generally
I also agree sometimes pacifism is radical.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 02:57 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

A belief against an evil that makes no effect to remove that evil is about as relevent to politic as a gentle breeze on a wind farm.

It's the happy tyrant who rules a nation of unyielding pacifists.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 02:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
A belief against an evil that makes no effect to remove that evil is about as relevent to politic as a gentle breeze on a wind farm.

It's the happy tyrant who rules a nation of unyielding pacifists.
’radica’ refers to ideology, not power or action.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 03:06 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

’radica’ refers to ideology, not power or action.

I don't disagree.

I see belief as a plan to action. A belief that leads to no action, is more like a philosophy. It's good and well to have beliefs, but of what use is a passive belief?

Would it matter if such beliefs exist, or do not exist?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 03:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
I don't disagree.

I see belief as a plan to action. A belief that leads to no action, is more like a philosophy. It's good and well to have beliefs, but of what use is a passive belief?

Would it matter if such beliefs exist, or do not exist?
Id say a better word would be‘consequence’ instead of ‘action’

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 03:31 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The pen is mightier than the sword. The word is the way. Radical action can simply be words creating a shared mindset. This is sometimes displayed physically outside the framework of society like the deviant behavior of Jan 6. But it can also be displayed in the ballot box, e.g. Trump's radicalism failing to quiet moderation.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Aug 6th, 2021 at 04:20 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 04:18 PM
Scribble

Ted Kaczynski knew: the pen is mightier than the sword, but the pipe bomb is the most powerful of all.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 04:26 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or plutonium.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 04:31 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
Ted Kaczynski knew: the pen is mightier than the sword, but the pipe bomb is the most powerful of all.
As did the IRA...
Or plutonium.
or an open laboratory door!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 04:43 PM
Adam_PoE

Re: Re: There is no radical left in the United States, period.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nina Turner was a big hope for them, but thats gone the wrong way, mostly due to corporate money. The left want an end to corporate money entering political campaigns.

Nina Turner had corporate and PAC money too. In fact, she outraised her opponent 2 to 1. It is almost like the influence of money in campaigns is over-stated.

Nina Turner lost, because of Nina Turner. She is a shitty candidate, who runs her stupid mouth, and gets herself in trouble.

Her loss should be a giant wake-up call to the left, that shitting on Democrats is not a winning strategy for them.

Democratic voters like the Democratic Party and Democratic politicians. That is why they are Democrats. What a shocker, I know.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 09:30 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Re: Re: Re: There is no radical left in the United States, period.

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
It is almost like the influence of money in campaigns is over-stated.

Yup.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 10:06 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote