KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can repeat????

Who can repeat????
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You are getting confused.

I am NOT using things like, say, Mjolnir:
(please log in to view the image)

That's a trail. I am NOT using it.

I am using LIGHT BEAMS. GL's, specifically, at supersonic speeds:

You're confused. Had I used Mjolnir in the above scan, you'd have a point. But I didn't.

Also, GL's beams are defined as lightspeed roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:57 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Green Lanterns are also light-based

https://ibb.co/0myfcrW

Also, Their beams are defined as lightspeed FYI

https://ibb.co/yy6Fb0L
https://ibb.co/D9q8hQn

🤦🏿... this is sad. Tell me the difference. Hal Jordan shoots a blast of light from his ring and we see the green blast of light coming out of his ring hitting Grundy.

Flash moves so fast that he leaves a beam of DENSE light behind him.

One is shooting a beam of light and the other is moving so fast that he creates a beam of light. Is there a difference?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
The Mjlonir scan, is that hard, dense, light beams?

GL attacks ARE made of light. We have beings that are PHYSICALLY creating light from their movements, LIGHT from their movement. Light BEAMS from their movement. They do not have energy attacks, none of that. They are simply moving so fast that light BEAMS from their movements are being generated. None of your scans apply.

As I said before - I am NOT using Mjolnir, lmao. Then you try and argue against using Mjolnir. SMH.

READ my posts. STOP just looking at the pretty pictures.

So now the feat has changed. And you are asking who is fast enough to create light from just their sheer movement?

I mean....as that is physically impossible, as Smurph said, it's impossible to quantify. Unless you are referring to the air friction being high enough to generate light? I mean, the Space Shuttle moves so fast at re-entry, it starts creating light - that's about 17,500 mph. So fast, but not THAT fast.

🤦🏿... this is sad. Tell me the difference. Hal Jordan shoots a blast of light from his ring and we see the green blast of light coming out of his ring hitting Grundy.

One is shooting a beam of light and the other is moving so fast that he creates a beam of light. Is there a difference?

Instead of calling it trails, I would call it beams of light since that is obviously what it is. DENSE beams of light. These are beams of light created after their movement. Nothing in those wack mentionings, Cannonball leaving TRAILS from his blast or Superman flying around leaving images is anything close to what I've shown. They were mentioned leaving beams of LIGHT after their movement. DENSE beams of light. Try harder.

Re-read your own scans, lmao. Nowhere does it say they are creating a dense beam of light behind them. The text is referring to the dense network of light trails that they are creating over the course of milliseconds.

Lol.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 17th, 2022 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It states an incredibly DENSE structure across the sky.

https://ibb.co/JRwRXTp

Seems pretty clear cut to me. Also, why post GL blast exceeding the sound barrier. Of course it will exceed the sound barrier and let's add speed of light into that as well. Flash even admitted he can't outrun a GL blast...

https://m.imgur.com/a/5jWPF

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

"Leaving beams of light". Not leaving trails. I think theirs a difference in both.
https://ibb.co/5sNK7w5

“The two remaining lighting trails”

Trails, beams, same thing.

Again, the feat isn’t leaving a light trail. It’s about moving so fast that the overlapping trails create a dense pattern.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:09 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

What do you think Hal is doing here?
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

We know GL's powers are light-based, thus the trails their leaving behind are also lightbeams, and by your logic, who are fast enough to generate/leave trails of lightbeams are also lightspeed( Especially GL's beams are speicifically defined as lightspeed)

So now you have two options: 1) These characters moving fast enough to create light, which as DS pointed out, doesnt mean lightspeed 2) They are capable of creating/generating lightbeams by their abilities, which like GL's, not necessarily means they are lightspeed

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Jan 17th, 2022 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:09 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It states an incredibly DENSE structure across the sky.

https://ibb.co/JRwRXTp

Seems pretty clear cut to me. Also, why post GL blast exceeding the sound barrier. Of course it will exceed the sound barrier and let's add speed of light into that as well. Flash even admitted he can't outrun a GL blast...

https://m.imgur.com/a/5jWPF

Yeah, a dense structure, NOT that the beams were like.... literally dense lmao.

As for the Hal scan, you can clearly see it breaking the sound barrier ('BOOOOM'), but the light beam showed up even before he hit it (and supported by the words).

I mean, you can use the Batwing as well if you like. Clear light beams behind him. Guess it's FTL

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:10 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm starting to wonder if Carver even read the scans he posted properly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Let's end this. Flashy Flash, one of the guys in that scan admitted during that scuffle that the 2 other guys were moving faster than him and he was using his top speed. Flashy Flash on panel has been confirmed as a FTL guy. There, now let's get back on topic, please. Who can repeat...

https://ibb.co/0cPm9L9

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:27 PM
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Who can repeat????

Them leaving trails of light after their movements puts this above microseconds though. It's 100% above light speed because one of the contestants in this battle was using his maximum speed (light speed) and the other 2 were accelerating past that.
Then why is there LESS than 13000 streaks that happened in 13 milliseconds? Do the math. That's not light speed.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:28 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Let's end this. Flashy Flash, one of the guys in that scan admitted during that scuffle that the 2 other guys were moving faster than him and he was using his top speed. Flashy Flash on panel has been confirmed as a FTL guy. There, now let's get back on topic, please. Who can repeat...

Still Superman

Flashes(no pun intended) admitted they need to move faster than they has ever moved before to get to Darkseid. I.E, massive faster than light, faster than death, faster than even time itself

And Superman entered and reached Darkseid by himself, even reacted when Flashes was moving at the speed that they had never moved before
Bump

I know the discussion was over. But I want to add some information about the FC scene

Flashes already had reached lightspeed/time-stop velocity BEFORE they passed by Superman, As it clearly states in the Essential Edition copy

"Only we can divert those omega finder beams! At lightspeed time stops! Death too! Flash fact!"
"We DID it wally! Now go!"
https://ibb.co/S6YPYkP

Combining the fact that even in this copy Barry explicitly states they need to go FTL speed to survive Darkseid's singularity. And we all know they did
https://ibb.co/vVxJzv3

So even if you want to lowball this scene as hard as possible, Superman at least performed a lightspeed reaction if not FTL

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Jan 17th, 2022 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:35 PM
h1a8

"Leaving beams of light". Not leaving trails. I think theirs a difference in both.
If it was the writer's intention that they were moving at light speed then the artist sure messed it up. Do you know how many streaks (of those sizes) a literal beam of light can make in a matter of milliseconds?

With that said, you're claim is that they moved with light speed
Well MANY characters in comics can move at light speed or better.
So that's a shitty feat once again.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:36 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Still Superman

Flashes(no pun intended) admitted they need to move faster than they has ever moved before to get to Darkseid. I.E, massive faster than light, faster than death, faster than even time itself

And Superman entered and reached Darkseid by himself, even reacted when Flashes was moving at the speed that they had never moved before

Read the OP

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:46 PM
carver9

Originally posted by h1a8
If it was the writer's intention that they were moving at light speed then the artist sure messed it up. Do you know how many streaks (of those sizes) a literal beam of light can make in a matter of milliseconds?

With that said, you're claim is that they moved with light speed
Well MANY characters in comics can move at light speed or better.
So that's a shitty feat once again.

Read the OP

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:48 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

When you think about Carver once asking specific statements Flashes were moving FTL speed in the scene of Superman reacted to them

Despite the fact Flashes stated they need to move faster than they ever moved before in order to reach Darkseid, and Wally was specifically stated capable of moving FTL in the same story etc

But Carver seems to have no problem using the same scaling logic in here

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Ahhhh got ya. Your sole proof is a character intro, and nothing else.

Next thread: Daredevil has been described as The Man Without Fear..... therefore he is incapable of actually feeling fear (lmao).

You're silly, Carv. There are so many things wrong with this point. Do you want me to tear it apart or no?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:50 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Read the OP

Then by the numbers that given by your scans, It was a milliseconds combat speed. So Superman, Ironman, even Thor capable of doing it

By who can leave trails or lightbeam trails whatsoever in a fight. Ray, GLs, and Superman Blue etc these energy/light-based characters all capable of doing it

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:54 PM
carver9

Don't know why you all are comparing comics to Manga. Yes, comics, there is far more solid evidence of someone going light speed. Unraveling puzzles at light speed or chasing a beam of light, evacuating a city at certain speeds, etc... anime doesn't work like that because Anime is 9 times out of 10, all combat. Flashy Flash is FTL. No way around this.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 08:21 PM
DarkSaint85

Don't know why you all are comparing comics to Manga. Yes, comics, there is far more solid evidence of someone going light speed. Unraveling puzzles at light speed or chasing a beam of light, evacuating a city at certain speeds, etc... anime doesn't work like that because Anime is 9 times out of 10, all combat. Flashy Flash is FTL. No way around this.

Based on what? A character intro? Is he really sharper than all? Lol.

Also, we're comparing because....you asked for it. Wtf.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 08:27 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anime =/= Manga.

Also... this was your idea?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 08:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote