KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Khan vs Terminator

Khan vs Terminator
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Khan vs Terminator

Khan vs Terminator

Last edited by Supra on Feb 11th, 2014 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 07:43 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Classic Cameron-era terminator or the comicbook superhero-style post-Cameron terminator?

If former, then probably Khan after a good fight. If latter, then terminator rapes.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 07:59 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Eh, it depends heavily on Khan's equipment and weaponry.

If he has his weapons from the 23rd/24th century, then he utterly curbs any Terminator, because unlike the usual weapons it resists, not only are Khan's guns energy based, but are far more advanced and destructive than anything the Terminator has ever faced.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:38 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

At that point though, it's the weapons winning and not Khan...as just about anyone with Stark Trek energy weapons would beat a Terminator.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:44 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
At that point though, it's the weapons winning and not Khan...as just about anyone with Stark Trek energy weapons would beat a Terminator.

So I guess when Iron-Man wins it should be just Tony Stark duking it out against people? Of course he uses his weapons!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:52 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

That's the thing though, unless we are going bare fisticuffs (Which would be insane, as while Khan is superhumanly strong, he is not machine level strong) then we have to give him the equipment we know he uses unless stated otherwise.

And as Bentley said, it would literally be no different than saying a Jedi or Sith won't use their lightsabers. Or that it is the Lightsabers winning the contest rather than the character. Here's the thing though, the phasers still need to have the triggers pulled by the characters to work. *Shrugs*

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:58 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Bentley
So I guess when Iron-Man wins it should be just Tony Stark duking it out against people? Of course he uses his weapons!

The thread is basically spite either way, w/weapons Star Trek weapons >>>> Terminator and hth Terminator >>>> Khan.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 09:10 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

The thread is basically spite either way, w/weapons Star Trek weapons >>>> Terminator and hth Terminator >>>> Khan.

Ermmm, true enough... I can't think of a reasonable way to equalise the vs without hamstringing it one way or the other without hamstringing one side.

If you give them equivelant weapons, like an M16 or a sword or somesuch, the Terminators armor makes it impervious, while if we give both sides phasers, Khan's experience with the things basically ends the Terminator.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 09:19 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Eh, it depends heavily on Khan's equipment and weaponry.

If he has his weapons from the 23rd/24th century, then he utterly curbs any Terminator, because unlike the usual weapons it resists, not only are Khan's guns energy based, but are far more advanced and destructive than anything the Terminator has ever faced.

Considering that the phasers used by Spock failed to put down Khan himself in their final fight, I wouldn't be too sure of it.

Not to mention that post-Cameron terminators have ridiculous durability, which is proven by them tanking sh1t like point-blank plasma blasts and grenade shots.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 09:27 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by Epicurus
Considering that the phasers used by Spock failed to put down Khan himself in their final fight, I wouldn't be too sure of it.

Those were stun shots, not kill or vapourise shots. They specifically needed Khan alive to save Kirk.

Not to mention that post-Cameron terminators have ridiculous durability, which is proven by them tanking sh1t like point-blank plasma blasts and grenade shots.

Yes, but Phasers on full have done far, far more. Even handheld pistol sized ones have evaporated entire walls of rock.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 12:10 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

thumb up

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 06:33 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Khan doesn't need futuristic weaponry, but he does need prep. If you were to throw them in a cage barehanded and told to fight, terminator wins. However if it was Khan instead of Reese sent back to the past to save Sarah in the first Terminator movie, I'm pretty sure Khan has the intellect to take out the Terminator.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 10:23 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your just too stupid to think critically, I took no sides. They both have and equal chance with weapons. Terminators weapons can hurt Khan as easly as Khans can hurt terminator.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 03:35 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Those were stun shots, not kill or vapourise shots. They specifically needed Khan alive to save Kirk.

Was it mentioned that they were stun shots when she hit him with those?

Yes, but Phasers on full have done far, far more. Even handheld pistol sized ones have evaporated entire walls of rock.

The large minigun-canon style phasers which Khan wielded only vaporized the Klingons, who're merely human level in durability. Even when Khan disarmed Spock, the blast merely knocked Spock's weapon out of his hand. It didn't vaporize it.

The TX's plasma canon on the other hand destroyed a large transportation truck. Which was misfire. And the T-850 tanked a point blank shot from it(admittedly it got KO'd from said shot and had a ruptured fuel cell, but otherwise it was fine). Not to mention the T-800 withstanding point blank grenade shots which should in theory be at least as potent as the phaser shots which Khan used.

Combine this level of durability with the post-Cameron terminators' class 10ish superstrength and other abilities(advanced HUD, tracking abilities, tactical decision making etc), and you get a very dead Khan.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 05:44 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Was it mentioned that they were stun shots when she hit him with those?

Yes, otherwise Uhura is a moron.

The large minigun-canon style phasers which Khan wielded only vaporized the Klingons, who're merely human level in durability. Even when Khan disarmed Spock, the blast merely knocked Spock's weapon out of his hand. It didn't vaporize it.

And the bow sides of several patrol dropships. And while I don't recall Khan disarming Spock with a phaser shot, there is also the possibility that it wasn't at max setting. Khan has rarely gone for full vaporise.

The TX's plasma canon on the other hand destroyed a large transportation truck. Which was misfire. And the T-850 tanked a point blank shot from it(admittedly it got KO'd from said shot and had a ruptured fuel cell, but otherwise it was fine). Not to mention the T-800 withstanding point blank grenade shots which should in theory be at least as potent as the phaser shots which Khan used.

Explosive force is not the same thing as vaporisation.

Are you suggesting 40mm grenades can eliminate rock walls?

Combine this level of durability with the post-Cameron terminators' class 10ish superstrength and other abilities(advanced HUD, tracking abilities, tactical decision making etc), and you get a very dead Khan.

It's not as clear cut as that, but I admit, I have not seen much in the way of terminator comics and such.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 06:44 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Even if it wasn't stated, Nu-Trek just like Original Star Wars has visual indicators. The phaser shoots red energy bolts for kill, and blue bolts for stun.

Some phasers even flip to a different barrel when switched.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 06:54 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Yes, otherwise Uhura is a moron.

And the bow sides of several patrol dropships. And while I don't recall Khan disarming Spock with a phaser shot, there is also the possibility that it wasn't at max setting. Khan has rarely gone for full vaporise.

Explosive force is not the same thing as vaporisation.

Are you suggesting 40mm grenades can eliminate rock walls?

It's not as clear cut as that, but I admit, I have not seen much in the way of terminator comics and such.

Well, seeing how she was stupid enough to be diplomatic with a bunch of klingons...

Watch that scene again, where Khan "surrenders" to Kirk and co.

Vaporization relies on heat though. Which is pretty much what the plasma blast does as well. It's simply a massive energy discharge in the form of a condensed plasma ball.

Considering that one shattered the thick concrete walls of Skynet's factory, probably.

The terminators I am referring to specifically come from the 3rd and 4th films, aka Post-Cameron terminators. Their durability and strength increase was so ridiculous that interviews like these were given as a reaction:
http://www.jamescamerononline.com/SuperTerminators.htm
I mentioned a few posts ago that Pre-Cameron terminators would get curbed, while Post would win. I don't know which version of the terminators the OP had in mind while creating this thread.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 07:47 AM