KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Devil Dinosaur respect thread!!!

The Devil Dinosaur respect thread!!!
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

The Devil Dinosaur respect thread!!!

Welcome to the Devil Dinosaur respect thread!

We are going to talk about the reddest baddest red devilsaur in the Marvel universe. Who is he?

(please log in to view the image)

The Devil Dinosaur is an original Kirby creation that starred his own series -named the Devil Dinosaur, go figure-, in a depiction of the prehistory combining dinosaurs with ancient men in the same story.

And he has teeth!

But today my people, I'm going beyond the obvious and I will show you the greatness of this marvelous ancient reptile! With some Kirby-good scans and feat explanations of course.

Now, into the respecting!

I'm going to start by the durability feats. Here we have for example the moment in which the Devil Dinosaur gained his marvelous abilities:

Back when the Devil Dinosaur was a baby, he was in the middle of a volcanic explosion, and not only did the little reptile survived... He became RED!!!

That its hardcore

From then on, the Devil Dinosaur became friends with a hairy hominid named Moonboy in a classical powerful-beast/coward-weakling kind of way. Not that I can hold it against Moonboy, as he was facing dinosaurs.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 01:59 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

More durability feats

Here we have the Devil Dinosaur falling into a deadly trap of wood!

Good feat considering Devil's weight. You surely can imagine how that went for the folks who tried.

Here we have Devil getting cheapshotted by a giant who hurls a giant stone at him. He is on his feet at the very same page:

"Did I just got hit or something?"

One would think people would know better than to throw a bunch of rocks at this dinosaur. But most of the problems that a rock cannot solve, a bunch of rocks can!

That happened in the second issue and the series were canceled until the ninth, needless to say, he survived.

But you may say: "Yeah, he can survive some wood and stones, big deal, I have a wood and stones". You may ask then for durability against more modern tech.

DON'T WORRY!!

Kirby did us a favor by using some plot devices and we have a bullet bouncing off Devil's skin:

And also, passing through a forcefield (a weakened one, although it was meant to protect people from a planet full of dinosaurs in the beginning):

Those are awesome feats!

I know, and we are yet to see the intelligence feats and the FIGHTS.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 02:20 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Beyond Dinosaur mind feats

The Devil Dinosaur is not just stronger than any dinosaur, he is also a whole lot smarter, here some proof.

Devil Dinosaur is fearless!!!

Some animals fear fire, Devil uses it:

I guess that makes him an habilis saurus -I came up with that one myself-.

Here he can understand what Moonboy say:

He is not beyond creating battle tactics, for example, tagging someone with a rock throw:

Or better yet: A geyser.

Here we prove not only his memory and wits, but the fact that he is willing to retreat strategically. Not to shabby for having a peanut-sized brain.

Not too shabby for a dinosaur

My very thoughts, now, into the thing all people have been waiting for: FIGHTS!!!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 03:43 PM
Bentley
Seitei

DINOSAUR RUMBLE!!!!

Oh yeah!

First some basic moves, Devil jumps a dinosaur in combat:

Then we have him buried under rocks -apparently a bunch of rocks didn't work either-, at total disadvantage against an Iguanodon.

I think the lesson is clear: Don't mess with the Devil Dinosaur

Despite being a dinosaur, he is not beyond TOTALLY CHEAPSHOTTING A ROBOT:

Ouch, that gotta hurt!

Hey, did I mention this dinosaur carries teeth?

"You have a steel fortress? Let me solve that problem for you"

Some more robot owning, and Devil acting as a team member:

As you can see, the Devil Dinosaur is currently stranded in Savage Land after a little time incident that happen as an excuse to bring him into continuity. I guess Marvel couldn't do without him.

More fights in the next post.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 03:52 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Even more Dinosaur Rumble!!!

Here we have Devil fighting against a giant:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Another one in which he uses his brains to win. I know that you are saying
"He had trouble with a huge dude, thats totally not hardcore" -yeah, I know you talk like that-. However, let me show you what that giant did to other dinosaurs:

Here another proof of power, Devil fighting a superpowered team who has to bfr in order to get rid of him:

And to answer the question everyone is asking: "How would he fare against Godzilla?". Well, lets find out.

To give some context: Godzilla was shrunk and sent into the past so S.H.I.E.L.D. would get rid of him. It was a Godzilla comic so Devil did rather well considering.

Next, I'm going to post some miscellaneous stuff before letting you enough space in the thread to praise this wonderful character.

When I grow up I want to be a dinosaur

Huh... Okay, lets go to the last part.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 04:05 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Totally non-canon stuff?

Our great dinosaur made an appearance in the Nextwave miniseries, which are often cited or debated as non-cannon, one of the reasons is that the Devil Dinosaur appears, talking and he speaks about eating his good friend Moonboy, however, we see Moonboy alive later in Heroes for Hire and Devil is there too.

All in all, the Nextwave series have some durability feats inside:

After that, the base explodes and this Devil Dinosaur is left for dead.

Meanwhile, in what seems to be cannon, Devil is having babies:

I don't know if he pulled a Jurassic Park there or if he found a dinosaur-love, but it seems that more Devil Dinosaurs will be plaguing the Savage Land in the future.

Or maybe one of those two dinosaurs is a skrull, who knows.

Here you have a bio:

And with that, I end my respect thread.

Now get to work

Yeah, I'll do that, but not without reminding to our readers that there is a little nine issue Kirby book that totally got canceled -Kirby tradition-, which you can read. And that there are still some goodies that I was unable to fight.

Maybe even the Devil Dinosaur against Spider-man.

Thanks for stopping by.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 04:21 PM
Bentley
Seitei

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 11:50 AM
chilled monkey

Great thread.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 01:16 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know there was one issue of Ghost Rider Devil Dinosaur appered in.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 01:35 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know there was one issue of Ghost Rider Devil Dinosaur appered in.

It happened. He resisted a few bullet shots and minor problems while GR was away doing something else. Then he pretty much one-shotted Devil. It was a bulky version of Ghost Rider, I'm not sure how strong he was at the time.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 04:59 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 02:53 AM
namorsubby

I hates devils and dinosaurs........individually, but together they're not so bad smile

Cool thread, Bentley. thumb up

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 03:29 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

This is glorious.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 05:37 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't see shit, captain. sad

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2015 12:41 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote